[F1 US GP]- 6 Runners!

This is a Dark Day for formula one fans :(...I feel sorry for the people who have paid to watch it out there :(

One tire rule is pretty much useless.. This race has clearly shown that... I mean how is it supposed to make the races safer.. And all these rules and how they seem to change so often.. Bernie is propably s*****ng bricks by now... Wonder if F1 is racing in the US next year? ;)

Isn't F1 supposed to be technically and otherwise the number one race sport.. To me it hasn't been that anymore for a long time.. CART or INDY races can claim that title..

Formula 1 circus indeed... =)

FIA is to blame to be honest, when Michelin saw what was the problem saturday with their tire, they propose an alternative (the chicane) but FIA turn it down, saying that if they need to slow down, the pilot should do it on his own and if the Michelin tire need to be replace more often, then they will have to do so. Michelin already said that their tire will not last more then ~10 round with the current configuration and it's a danger to the pilot to run with it. One of the 3 alternative propose was to bring Barcelone configured tire to USA track, something that couldn't be done, since the qualification was already in process and it's against one of the FIA rule. Not to forgot that the last propose alternative by Michelin was backup by 9 out of 10 team and in an URGENT reunion between pilot all agreed for the chicane and also said that all the team running on Michelin was to loose their point for the current race.

I have been to 6 British GP's and have loved F1 since a young boy, but my interests have now gone to the BTCC, WTCC, V8's, DTM and GP2 since the FIA ruined F1. I understand US fans annoyment, but acting immature and dangerously is VERY VERY sad to see.

This is the most embarrasing moment in racing history involving the F1. I feel bad for the people who paid good money to watch live f1 and are getting screwed by these stupid rules. Like why can't they change tires anymore in pits while racing?? What the hell is up with these rules?

This is the most embarrasing moment in racing history involving the F1. I feel bad for the people who paid good money to watch live f1 and are getting screwed by these stupid rules. Like why can't they change tires anymore in pits while racing?? What the hell is up with these rules?

586088561[/snapback]

It was meant to make it more interesting and prevent teams "swapping" positions thru pitstops!

Totally agree, I think i've seen a bottle of water and a beer can thrown on there now, that's just stupid and dangerous for the drivers :(

586088530[/snapback]

I agree as well, it's very poor behaviour. They say you don't see cockups like this in indy/nascar, well at least you don't see idiots throwing crap on the track in the nonUSA tracks of F1.

This whole situation is surreal, I can't quite believe it's happening. What a pointless race (ironically, the most point-full race).

Edit: also, DC made a comment about at least we'll think of them as sensible safe people after this. That's utter BS. We don't want to think of them as sensible!!!!!!!!! It reminds me of the film RockStar, where the singer is reminded that his job is to live the life, to make the guys want to be him because all the women want him. Then they will sell CDs.

Who wants to watch a bunch of drivers go round a track at 40mph with no risk, stopping if it starts to rain? Not me. They are payed a lot of money for a reason.

think its safe to say if they do go to slicks and a single supplier, michellin wont be getting that contract.

putting a chicane in would put the teams running bridgestones at a disadvantage. only solution would have had the drivers themselves drive slower around turn 13. btw..not all teams running michellins said they saw the problem..honda was 1 of them. my sisters were going to drive to this race too..and we live in ontario canada. im pretty sure theyre quite happy they decided not to go this year.

this is right daft, still watching it as my room is too hot to sit in.

at least the jordans and minardi will get some well needed points

ROFLMAO!!! Nice driving my the ferraris there :D :D :D Way to exit the pit!

586088674[/snapback]

I thought he was gonna smash him up there :blink: I think this is the first time Minardi been in 5th and 6th, well done to them :yes:

ROFLMAO!!! Nice driving my the ferraris there :D :D :D Way to exit the pit!

586088674[/snapback]

Yeah made it remotely interesting!

thing is, its not even worth them getting the points. minardi and jordan will be like "yay, we got points" "how many cars were racing" "6 in total" "oh right,"

Mclarens compounds were fine, they even said that they were happy with there tyres. I blame it on Toyota, the incidents didnt happen to anyone else except Toyota, so obviously its their desired compounds which were unsafe so...argh! im so f*cking pi$$ed off with this. I hope Ferrari die,

Mclaren For Ever xD

At least Alonso wont get ahead of Kimi

Phew.. isn't this race just beyond belief!

Some silly comments by frustrated fans though.. one fan was saying "Yeah, i'd like to thank the Michelin teams for backing out after I saved up two months salary to come to this race!"

Sorry mate - I appreciate your frustration, but hey, lets have a record number of deaths for an F1 weekend as racer after slams into the wall on the final corner thanks to failures on bad Michelin tyres! Sheesh.

Really sad to see this happening! Feel really bad for the F1 fans that have paid good money to see a good sport...and what do they end up watching? Black and yellow spots trying to catch a red blur! What a pointless race! F1 will take a hell of a long time to recover from this in the USA, it might not even take off again!I might be wrong but this is just my point of view!

Kitch

Mclarens compounds were fine, they even said that they were happy with there tyres. I blame it on Toyota, the incidents didnt happen to anyone else except Toyota, so obviously its their desired compounds which were unsafe so...argh! im so f*cking pi$$ed off with this. I hope Ferrari die,

Mclaren For Ever xD

586088701[/snapback]

I don't think it's Toyotas fault, they had 2 failures, but on ITV(UK), they have said that 9 other failures would have happened during the race.

"Sorry mate - I appreciate your frustration, but hey, lets have a record number of deaths for an F1 weekend as racer after slams into the wall on the final corner thanks to failures on bad Michelin tyres! Sheesh."

I think its only Toyotas compound which had the problem, if every car had the problem that was Michelin, then in free practice and Qualifying we would have seen more accidents. But for BOTH Toyotas to have a crash i would say was purley down to their compound that they chose.

They either should ask each team whether they want to race, or dont race anyone and cancel it and re organise the race.

thing is, its not even worth them getting the points. minardi and jordan will be like "yay, we got points" "how many cars were racing" "6 in total" "oh right,"

Mclaren For Ever xD

586088701[/snapback]

Michelin themselves stated that the tires would last about 10 laps, then would blow up (they said exactly that, just with a lot more politics in it)

Toyota just gotunlucky and it happened to them first...

"I don't think it's Toyotas fault, they had 2 failures, but on ITV(UK), they have said that 9 other failures would have happened during the race."

Ok, i didnt see that bit, but still....its a risk worth taking, every fortnight when they race there lives are put at risk, and with the One set of Tyres per racing weekend the risks are increased anyway. i still cant see how its fair to have those 6 cars gain an unfair advantage over the Michelin.

ARGH

I think that there should be a rule or something, that if 'x' number of cars don't/can't start the race then the race should be postponed or something along them lines. This rule of allowing the bridgestone runners to carry on with the race and is wrong. Teams like Williams, BAR are losing points and it ISN'T their fault, it's the tyre manufacture and it is wrong for the teams to be punished like this!