[F1 US GP]- 6 Runners!

I feel the FIA should have allowed for the chicane to be put in place, even if the michelin runners were racing for no points...

At least then the millions of people wathcing on tv and the people who paid for tickets and transport to get to the race would have had a proper race to watch :(

586089210[/snapback]

why should the FIA change the track just to advantage teams its there own stupid fault for choosing such a crap tire, i hate ferrari but why should they be disadvantaged by a track change to allow other teams to compete.. c'mon jordon thats all i can say :rofl:

feel sorry for the fans who paid all that money thou they will be gutted :p , i also doubt that if it wasnt a proper race and teams on michellin didnt get point then none of them would have run its just all BULL anyway.

i just wished the two ferrari's had taken each other out that would have made my day.

why should the FIA change the track just to advantage teams its there own stupid fault for choosing such a crap tire, i hate ferrari but why should they be disadvantaged by a track change to allow other teams to compete..

586089316[/snapback]

It's called "Good sportsmanship", something this particular 'sports' could really do with.

Unfortunately when it comes to.. certain teams the rules are always bent on their benefit, one way or the other. Had Bridgestone been the one with the faulty tires, they would've rebuilt the Indianapolis speedway from scratch to accomodate certain racing team.

It's called "Good sportsmanship", something this particular 'sports' could really do with.

Unfortunately when it comes to.. certain teams the rules are always bent on their benefit, one way or the other. Had Bridgestone been the one with the faulty tires, they would've rebuilt the Indianapolis speedway from scratch to accomodate certain racing team.

586089367[/snapback]

Yeah and painted the track red.

I just watched the highlights and was really disappointed with the communication between the FIA and the teams.

Radish?

it was a preety lame show but if all the drivers got hurt bad there would be no rest of the season, also they said something about having a race in las vagas :wacko:

its a shame that we have come to a stage in formal one where rules and regulations has basically cancelled a race, Michelin are in the wrong, they should have built a better set of tyres period, And the teams should have included a lower performance set of tyres when they went to America, HOWEVER the FIA where right not to change the track layout they cant change things such as that to suit some teams over others. BUT if cretin rules weren?t in place a solution could have been produced in time for the race. Remember guys FIA are just as security conches if not more so then Michelin

well whatever it is but Woot!! a jordon driver on the podium

and WOOT!! narain 4th thats atleast good for the Jordons :)

although yaa it would have been a diffrent feeling for us indians

if it was a normal regular race and narain was 4th :cry:

I have to admit I have never seen anything like that before. Only 6 runners was pretty weird, and to find out that Ferrari use Bridgestone was bad news for the others. Well done to the others which came behind he Ferrari pair. The two Jordan's and Minardi's. And I have to say congratulations to the Indian Karthikeyan

Michelin are in the wrong, they should have built a better set of tyres period

How can they build a better set of tyres when they don't know how their tyres will work on the track? Should they guess? They can't test their tyres in Indianapolis you know

And the teams should have included a lower performance set of tyres when they went to America

They did have lower performance tyres but they wouldn't have been any better because they were as bad as the "higher performance" tyres. The design is the same so they would have had same kind of problems eventhough it would have been more harder.

while the F1 likely won't come back to the US next year or ever again it's because of the stupid stupid fans that were endangering drivers throwing stuff onto the track .. but then again the situation would have been even worse then that if Michellin had kept their collective mouth shut ... it sucks all the way around

but do expect for Bernie Ecclestone to spin this incident and say that F1 won't be back to the US ever again and blame it on the fans that were tossing crap onto the track .. I'd bet money on that

but in my own opinion it's FIA's fault for only allowing for one tyre manufacturer in the first place. NASCAR has both Goodyear and Hoosier making tires for them

hell the NHRA still uses Mickey-Thompson rear slicks on their dragsters along with Goodyear as well ...there is no reason that FIA should have even thought of the one tyre rule .. not ever

All the teams that couldn't race today might as well not even thinking about winning a drivers or constructors championship .. I hope lil Bernie realizes how much he screwed up putting all his eggs in one basket on the "one tyre rule"

indeed. the fia rules are kinda strict and even CAUSE new danger imo. alot of drivers and teams moaned about that.

but in my own opinion it's FIA's fault for only allowing for one tyre manufacturer in the first place.

586091192[/snapback]

The FIA dont have a one type manufacturer rule.

Bridgestone and Michellin

How can they build a better set of tyres when they don't know how their tyres will work on the track? Should they guess? They can't test their tyres in Indianapolis you know

They know the speed of the corners, the incline degree, the downward force and pressure required. Michellin screwed up. IMO, i don't think the rules should be changed just to suit the Michellin teams.

The FIA dont have a one type manufacturer rule.

Bridgestone and Michellin

The rule is for each team, not for the whole field.

Lets all blame ferrari. Anything bad that happens with F1 is ferrari's fault.

586089848[/snapback]

stupid? think about it first. who made the tires that teams can't drive? if someone does bad job, then punishing is easy to come. nothing to do. michelin sucked and 0 points to all michelin drivers!

This one set of tyres rule is awful. I remember the days when teams could use non-grooved (slick?) tyres and change them as often as they liked. Yesterday's 'race' was a sham though. I can understand Ferrari and Jordan not agreeing to have a chicane built - but why not come up with some other solution so at least we got a race?

They should have had a mandatory speed limit around turn 13 for all drivers on Michelin tyres. Or allowed tyre changes for both Michelin and Bridgestone runners. For me, the entertainment should be bigger than the sport and even if the race had been a 73 lap parade behind a safety car then at least people could say it was common sense.

I don't 'blame' Ferrari for anything that happened yesterday but I thought it was extremely arrogant of them not to refuse to race. It was they, yesterday, that had that power to stop all the silliness in one fell swoop, but they put themselves ahead of the fans and the entertainment. By refusing to race, the FIA would have HAD to come to a decision. If the Ferraris had pulled out then I think the Jordans and Minardis would have had to have pull out too. In fact the comments made by Paul Stoddard after the race indicated that the only reason they raced is because there was going to be a race anyway and they needed the sponsorship money.

Refund half the ticket price of all the US attendees, I say.

it was all a shame for F1. now there's even more reason for americans not bother about F1. anyway it would have been even nicer if a mindardi got a podium position :laugh:. i would have loved to see that.