[F1 US GP]- 6 Runners!

but still....its a risk worth taking, every fortnight when they race there lives are put at risk, and with the One set of Tyres per racing weekend the risks are increased anyway.

ARGH

586088746[/snapback]

I cannot believe the utter stupidity of that statement.

How can anyones life be worth the risk for entertainment??

I would rather the race had been cancelled than the farce that is happening now however there is no point in putting peoples lives at risk.

I would rather the race had been cancelled than the farce that is happening now however there is no point in putting peoples lives at risk.

586088770[/snapback]

Agreed :yes:

One of the UK commentators just said

"If Schumacher does a victory leap on the podium I will personally punch him" :D

I wish that the 6 drivers at least do some type of protest. I;m not a fan of F1 but I was watching the game while I was eating, and was a fan when I was younger. But hey this is so annoying game :no:

What a shambles - imho the 'race' should never have started. I've been watching fans who have travelled from Mexico to see this - at least with a postponed race these fans could have had their ticket money refunded (OK so it's not going to recompense them for travel and accomodation costs, but it might help to leave a less bitter taste in the mouth).

starting the race with only 6 cars which lets face it wernt evenly matched was pointless

and when the fans started thowring things it should have definatly been called off.

very dangerous.

sad day indeed. Course I blame Michelin 100% on this one...they came unprepared and the viewers suffered. They should refund all the fans their money as they came to see a race not a practice session.

It is not complelely Michelins Fault because it is a track that they are unable to test on and they had re surfaced recently, but Bridgestones partner Firestone are the Indy 500 tire suppliers so they knew what the new track was like.

In away I think the FIA are to blamme for not letting them but shercane in, because 9 of 10 agreed to race with it, and they could of raced just with out earning any points.

this was crazy, at first my bro was like omg the race is already over, everyone is pitting. But then we saw that they all had to dropout. What exactly is a chicane?

this was crazy, at first my bro was like omg the race is already over, everyone is pitting. But then we saw that they all had to dropout. What exactly is a chicane?

586088941[/snapback]

It's a movable barrier that they use to slow down high speed corners, they place it just before the corner to slow the vehicles down.

Now that was a joke and realy highlights the problems in f1 behind the scenes.

Solutions were presented and alot was going to be forfeted to allow the race to go on for the fans but the FIA and one team didnt want to let it happen.

Next year could be good if this break away things goes through.

I feel ashamed & embarrassed... rules, politics, money & egos have pretty much killed F1.

I have always been 50/50 about the breakaway championship, but after seeing what I did today, it could well be the way to go and the beginning of the end of F1 as we know it.

F1USA2005-1.jpg

F1USA2005-2.jpg

whatever... my idol shumy came first and narian the guy from india from where i am .. won points .. (mayb the only points of the season :p )

so screw u michelin ... aam going home :rofl:

I feel the FIA should have allowed for the chicane to be put in place, even if the michelin runners were racing for no points...

At least then the millions of people wathcing on tv and the people who paid for tickets and transport to get to the race would have had a proper race to watch :(