Looks like another MSN beta!

Same here, I can't wait to getm moved over

How do you become a butterfly?

586196569[/snapback]

Us butterflies are a select group of testers from MSN products, we get selected based upon our particpation in the various MSN betas (MSN8/9, messenger, hotmail) sometimes there is an open role call such as the beta friends and family program they had last summer. Sometimes they just ask you for one program. We get 1st crack at MSN builds before the general public does. Hopefully I haven't said too much as I know we really aren't supposed to talk about it. :blush:

Hoepfully they slim it down a bit. 7.0 was very bloated compared to ther versions.

586196371[/snapback]

Then use Windows Messenger, lol.

I haven't found Messenger 7 to be bloated though, besides, pretty much anything you'd consider to be 'Bloat' can easily be disabled, removed, etc. etc.

Amd 64 3200+ oc@2,340 <----(upgrading to 4000+)

586196679[/snapback]

If that 3200+ just sits around i'll take it haha, i've never tried AMD but I want an AMD system........

Still curious to what this beta may be :p

Getting exactly the same thing. Also when I click the details button the description is in (I believe) italian

Edited by DaveLegg

I have a new thing on Connect of the MSN Messenger/Vodaphone Beta. However, when I try to apply, it gives me an error. Anyone else getting this?

586197769[/snapback]

I just got it too.

"Error: An object that you requested, or that was needed to process your request could not be found. "

Done a small amount of research on google and came up with this:

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/65391.html

looks like its a beta for messenger on vodafone phones. Which raises the question, will testers need to be on the vodafone network to participate, will handsets / sims be provided, or will it be testable to other users?

Done a small amount of research on google and came up with this:

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/65391.html

looks like its a beta for messenger on vodafone phones. Which raises the question, will testers need to be on the vodafone network to participate, will handsets / sims be provided, or will it be testable to other users?

586197815[/snapback]

That would be very interesting. Unfortunately, my phone probably doesn't have enough features to be able to use msn on it, and I'm not on the vodafone network, and ti will probably turn out to be a US only thing.

That would be very interesting. Unfortunately, my phone probably doesn't have enough features to be able to use msn on it, and I'm not on the vodafone network, and ti will probably turn out to be a US only thing.

586197835[/snapback]

Likewise. I just recently got (last month) a nokia 3120 on orange. I very much doubt it will be able to support it, but I guess we can hope.

i keep getting an error for the vodafone beta: Error: An object that you requested, or that was needed to process your request could not be found.

Humm well i tested the MSN 7 Beta and enjoyed it but i dont particularly want to test a Vodafone beta...

I'll see what happens, and on connect.microsoft.com it says i have to be 18 to register :(

Humm well i tested the MSN 7 Beta and enjoyed it but i dont particularly want to test a Vodafone beta...

I'll see what happens, and on connect.microsoft.com it says i have to be 18 to register :(

586197880[/snapback]

They let you test the msn 7 beta, and connect is just the new version of betaplace, so unless you lied when registering for the msn7 beta, i don't see why they shouldn't let you beta test again. Maybe if you wait for your betaplace account information to be moved over you won't have to go through the registration process.