XPM Classic RC3

Really nice :) But I'm not a fan of the green, usually you only stick to the colours you've already used alot in your themes, green only appears in a few scattered places, although overall it looks great.

I'm not sure what the big deal is anyway, as you can't maximixe nor minimize that window. How often do you see the update window anyway? Just my opinion I guess.

I'm not sure what the big deal is anyway, as you can't maximixe nor minimize that window. How often do you see the update window anyway? Just my opinion I guess.

586212490[/snapback]

Its not just the update window it does it on some programs i use alot.

Really nice :) But I'm not a fan of the green, usually you only stick to the colours you've already used alot in your themes, green only appears in a few scattered places, although overall it looks great.

586212484[/snapback]

I looked at my old themes (ignoring the *really* old ones) and thought:

"What puts me off?"

The answer was simple: too much of the same! You *need* variety to keep you going for a long time. I used Opus OS and then Codename: Opus for long, long times, but eventually I wanted more colour. I didn't want to rely on the wallpaper for colour diversity.

So, XPMC has splashes of colour variety. If you don't like the hover, open it up in Stylebuilder, then open the hover image. The press/move state is blue, you can just copy and paste the blue over the green.

Limit: Yes, it will be later tonight. Not the final, but a newer RC2 with the old green flash and *maybe* disabled button states.

586212484[/snapback]

Blue, cream, and green are the only usable colours. Silver is almost usable.

Cream themes that come to mind are gfxOasis and ClearLooks

Green can look good if the right shade is used. If you are referring to military camo green from OpusOS 1.5, then yes, it's not pretty. A pretty shade of green is used in Ealm and Kol's Olive Verde tha I've been using in this forum.

b0se:

I think that the activated tab green bar is better on top of the tab because it strikes the eyes faster since we read from top to bottom (maybe, I'm used to Luna mods:-)).

Scrollbars are hard to see until you hover over them. The scrollbar colour is almost identical to the channel. Maybe you can use the gradient that you used on unactivated buttons. If the document is huge, it takes a while to find the scrollbar. You can probably do the same for the combobox checkboxes, and radio buttons. This will make it trully consitent since they all derive from class Button. If you want to have variety, you can use darker borders. Play with it. See how it looks if they use the same gradient.

Matching wallpaper. I don't remeber the author name. There are others that will probably match the XPM Final colours: same flower, but with green, grey, orange, pink, and red.

Caption button preview...

Comments please!

586202672[/snapback]

while i think the glyphs you deceided on using are better than the originals, i do happen to like these the most. saved image to mod myself later on. :)

Spooky: I've not had a problem (ever) trying to locate the scrollbars. I've darkened the border slightly but thats all I'll do to them.

Combos etc are all staying as they are, gradients on small elements (when you have a detailed glyph) is never a good formula.

Tabs, liek I said before - I like them, a lot. Unless I get a lot of requests to change them, they are staying.

Green flash is back (in a nicer green also).

I think that the activated tab green bar is better on top of the tab because it strikes the eyes faster since we read from top to bottom (maybe, I'm used to Luna mods:-)).

586212880[/snapback]

Just Reshack the tabs from the older version to the new one, very easy.

hi,

im trying to edit this for myself but ive got a little problem.

does anyone know how to make the gap smaller indicated by the red arrows?

thanks

ps. top notch theme this is :)

post-41627-1121364576.jpg

b0se: Did you used the same radio buttons and checkboxes from Codename: Opus? It seems that they have a blue to purple colour instead of the blue highlight colour of XPM.

Thanks for altering the scrollbar.

By the way, what does X.P.M. stand for?

hi,

im trying to edit this for myself but ive got a little problem.

does anyone know how to make the gap smaller indicated by the red arrows?

thanks

ps. top notch theme this is :)

post-41627-1121364576.jpg

586213709[/snapback]

Yeap, in ResHacker, goto your TEXTFILE Menu, find the one you've modded in this case NORMALALPHA2_INI, go into that textfile, then action>save as binary file.

When saving save it as a .ini extension, open with notepad, then press CTRL F and type in [start::Button] then find CONTENTMARGINS, and replace that whole line with this ContentMargins = -58, 85, 3, 3

Then it should be fine. :)

Thanks goes to bloodwork.

Is there any chance the context menus or whatever you call them (right click on desktop or folders) could be more 3Dish, they look a little flat right now.

So I'm guessing you got yours all sorted?  I was just about to write the PM to you...

586213780[/snapback]

Yeah, I figured it out right after I sent you a PM. Thanks though. :)

Is there any chance the context menus or whatever you call them (right click on desktop or folders) could be more 3Dish, they look a little flat right now.

586213769[/snapback]

That's the idea, no shadow. Unless you got a 4000 Sharp notebook, your sceen is 2D, 3D project onto 2D for GUI gets in the way.