Neowin Metal Club

the most: I **** bricks when I saw the singer band.. i've heard of.

Holy ****. Did not expect that. Good submission!

I have found myself listening to a TON of Amon Amarth lately. I've even changed my Droid X's ringtone to a song from their last album. I think they have one coming out soon.

Here's my ringtone -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3RuFL1Hj-s

The new album from Mercenary is currently streamable for this week on a german metal site if anyone in this thread happens to like them.

While it's not 'bad', i'm having a hard time liking it as a mercenary album myself cause it pretty much sounds nothing at all like any previous album. In some parts of some songs i almost find myself thinking metalcore for a moment. Unless the album grows on me after more time with it, i'm thinking the big line up change(basically half the band left, including lead vocals) in 2009 just may be the worst thing to have happened to them.

Damn, I love some old school Pantera. Dimebag was the MAN.

I hope it's okay to hop in. :D Anyway, here's to all who thinks Dimebag is still kick ass at his rest.

Of course it is! And I agree 100%, Dimebag was one of the greatest metal guitarists ever. He is surely missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, you're really addicted to Amon Amarth. Hahahaha

I love them. Nothing better than listening to Amon Amarth when reading server logs, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MAYHEM FEST TICKETS ORDERED!!! Can't wait! Last year was amazing, not sure this year's band lineup looks quite as good, but it should still be great.

So, for the hell of it I made a Last.fm group for us. I saw the Spotify topic, but not everyone has access to Spotify yet. I figured song tracking on Last.fm would be cool so we could see what the most popular songs are and find new songs. Feel free to join: http://last.fm/group/Neowin+Metal+Club

Animals as Leaders are amazing. I'm not sure if djent belongs here (of it they belong to djent for that matter), but still, pretty amazing:

Animals as Leaders are amazing. I'm not sure if djent belongs here (of it they belong to djent for that matter), but still, pretty amazing:

sick post man, that's like pure technique right there, definitely hard to classify, the lack of vocals are why I wouldn't class it as extreme metal... even though the guitars are a bit deep/strong for just the generic metal... it's in the middle of metal and extreme (based on the neowin threads.. I know metal is a full genre..)

i really like these guys, i prefer metal with no singing though like elctro quarterstaff, animals and leaders, behold the arctopus, textures, etc. so if anyone knows some others, post em!

• 3 weeks later...

where's the beat? sounds like 3 guys just separately grooving...

fancy fingerwork though!