Free Ubuntu Linux - shipped to you

Yea please don't abuse the ordering people. Those who are getting 100 and have a reason for that many then go for it, but if you're getting 100 just to show your friends or "backup" purposes then please don't. I'd hate to see this get shut down because people are ordering huge amounts to use as coasters.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine arrived yesterday

(I ordered 10 cd's: 1 PPC, 3 64-bit, 6 x86)

haven't tested them all, but the ones I tested worked :)

now I can start spreading ubuntu :p

Yah, mine arrived 3 days ago.

I'm actually very imrpessed. I was expecting recorded cds in plastic sleeves for the price (free). Here they made the effort to make it look nice. Believe it or not card is expensive (way more so than cds as I discovered when I had to produce a few hundred cds with packaging), printing on the card is expensive and printing onto the cds adds to the cost as well.

I'd be impressed if they kept the price under 60p to produce and wouldnt be suprised if it cost over ?1 (each cd costs 17p to buy, burn and print apparently, but packaging is the real expensive)

Oh, and there's also P&P :pinch::

I really can't believe some people have the nerve to complain about it taking a long time to arrive. For goodness sake people! They're free! You don't have a right to complain!

I ordered 10 CDs, the default amount. I only need one but I figured they probably save more on postage if it's in bulk. Plus I'll just give the spares to some friends or something.

Yah, mine arrived 3 days ago.

I'm actually very imrpessed. I was expecting recorded cds in plastic sleeves for the price (free). Here they made the effort to make it look nice. Believe it or not card is expensive (way more so than cds as I discovered when I had to produce a few hundred cds with packaging), printing on the card is expensive and printing onto the cds adds to the cost as well.

I'd be impressed if they kept the price under 60p to produce and wouldnt be suprised if it cost over ?1 (each cd costs 17p to buy, burn and print apparently, but packaging is the real expensive)

Oh, and there's also P&P :pinch::

586458538[/snapback]

It probably costs alot less than that per-CD because it would be alot cheaper to do it in bulk. They probably get a thousand made at a time.

you do get both cds An installation and a live cd with it.

I got mine today all 25 worth of Cds dont ask me why just got overwelled with the price of FREEE

I really can't believe some people have the nerve to complain about it taking a long time to arrive. For goodness sake people! They're free! You don't have a right to complain!

Yes, we do have the right to complain.

We, the normal people who requested the CDs to use and distribute to people that would use/need them and Canonical Ltd. are getting owned due to people that abuse the system.

I just got mine yesterday, but I'm concerned about the Live CD's, they have this strange discoloration around the middle, kinda like the one a few pages ago...

qualitycd.gif

The package it came in was very, abused looking for some reason. Could this be a problem?

Does Ubuntu do a media self-check when you boot it for installation? If so, that will help deterine if the media is good. You can also run a mdsum on the CD and check it to what it should be (or google the result to verify, like this: http://www.google.com/search?q=f6b3f164c99...858a4d2c12d0840

I wouldn't let color differences bother me, though.

Just ordered my 3 cds :).

I'm from Denmark and wondering how long the cds are gonna take to get here. Anyone close who can tell me how long it took for theirs to arrive?

Got my total of 50 cd's for different systems today, will save me installing and selling win xp to people when I'm at work.