Mac OS on Intel based computers?

Can OSX be ported to run on an Intel or AMD based system? Yes it can. But it is a catch-22 kind of thing. Does anyone really think Apple would allow third party vendors to build the hardware? Not. Apple would absolutely require you to purchase the machine from them. And yes, it would cost more then the average PC.

WickedKitten, the ONLY thing that I didn't buy myself in theis system is the GeForce 4 Ti4600. The rest has been built AND bought by me. I'm sick of this whole argument, the simple fact is I can build a more powerful PC for the same money as a Mac. To me that point is not and never has been in question by anyone but you.

I guess you've never been in sales WickedKitten otherwise you'd have done exactly what Dazzla has done. Point out the ADVANTAGES of owning a Mac. I like Macs, in fact, after using my iBook for a while I'd go as far as saying that I LOVE Macs. My whole frustration stems from the fact that I'm also an avid gamer and building (buying) a top performing Mac for games is just too expensive.

Why do you think I want a Mac? Why do you think I want to play games on a Mac? Because if I could get a Mac for the same price I HAVE PAID for my PC I'd do it in a second because they are a better machine!

Oh and just to come back to your "Apple doesn't want to build its market share" argument. In the quote you posted Jobs has said that he'd love to DOUBLE his market share, somewhat making a mockery of your "its big enough" argument. But I digress.

WickedKitten, please accept my apologies for arguing over this, I just can't resist a) an argument and b) being devils advocate.

Dazzla, please also accept my apologies for bringing a Mac vs PC argument into the Mac channel. That was never my intention when I began posting here, in fact originally I intended NOT to bring the PC segment into this.

Everyone else, thank you for your valid comments and also for educating me on why the Mac is the perfect machine for me (you included WickedKitten in a roundabout sort of way).

Can we end this argument now and go back to the original thread subject?

Advocate

PS I was kinda hoping someone would have shown me how to beat my Q3 scores with a ?1600 Mac so that I could sell my PC and buy one!;))

[EDIT] I'l also try and NOT rise to argument/flame bait anymore [/EDIT]

Originally posted by Advocate

WickedKitten, the ONLY thing that I didn't buy myself in theis system is the GeForce 4 Ti4600. The rest has been built AND bought by me. I'm sick of this whole argument, the simple fact is I can build a more powerful PC for the same money as a Mac. To me that point is not and never has been in question by anyone but you.

whatever mr ?1800 dollar system that has a ?400 graphics card in it that you didn't pay for. Your system has almost the same specs as our pc and we paid ?800 for it so whatever. You want to argue that macs are expensive I suggest you shop around a bit more beffore whingeing about the price. I've already ****ing quoted a mac that clubs your pc over the head and drags it off to it's cage for a bit of rumpy pumpy.

I guess you've never been in sales WickedKitten otherwise you'd have done exactly what Dazzla has done. Point out the ADVANTAGES of owning a Mac. I like Macs, in fact, after using my iBook for a while I'd go as far as saying that I LOVE Macs. My whole frustration stems from the fact that I'm also an avid gamer and building (buying) a top performing Mac for games is just too expensive./b>

I've sold computers that I have made myself from the time I was 18-20 and sold retail from 18-21 don't tell me I don't ****ing know how to sell a system. If anything I know more about how to get a persnot/b> to buy a mac than anything and thats by using the argument that you are trying to use which is to put it bluntly speaking from out of my arse about things that aren't true anymore. You keep ****ing changing your argument time and time again and now you are on about games. Well ****sake why don't you take your ass down to the nearest Apple store and see what games are on the ****ing shelf then ask to try out the games on the systems before whining on and on about how badly macs play games. Surely if I can ****ing manage to play UT on a 450 with a gf2mx the newer macs should be able to do it better.

Why do you think I want a Mac? Why do you think I want to play games on a Mac? Because if I could get a Mac for the same price I HAVE PAID for my PC I'd do it in a second because they are a better machine!/b>

at this point quite frankly I could give 2 ****s about why you want a mac and if I had my way the apple store would never sell you one. Dazzla has already mentioned that his imac cost him less than ?1500 you just choose to stay up on your soapbox bitching and ranting like all the macs in the world cost more than ?1800

Oh and just to come back to your "Apple doesn't want to build its market share" argument. In the quote you posted Jobs has said that he'd love to DOUBLE his market share, somewhat making a mockery of your "its big enough" argument. But I digress..

I really wish you would learn how to read

And while Apple's market share of the home computer market remains around 5 percJobs said this was still bigger than Mercedes and BMW could boast in the US car market. Our market share is small, but by no means small enough to be inconsequentiall," he said, noting that Apple is in a good position to double its market share. "The great thing is when you have 5 percent market share, all you have to do is convince another five out of the other 95 percent to switch and you have doubled your market share."[/b]

where does he say he would love to double it? If anything he's pretty blaze about the whole thing and is saying that apple won't have to work hard at all to double it, nowhere in there does it say anything about it being life or death for appl

WickedKitten, please accept my apologies for arguing over this, I just can't resist a) an argument and b) being devils advocate.

Dazzla, please also accept my apologies for bringing a Mac vs PC argument into the Mac channel. That was never my intention when I began posting here, in fact originally I intended NOT to bring the PC segment into this.

Everyone else, thank you for your valid comments and also for educating me on why the Mac is the perfect machine for me (you included WickedKitten in a roundabout sort of way).

Can we end this argument now and go back to the original thread subject?

Advocate

PS I was kinda hoping someone would have shown me how to beat my Q3 scores with a ?1600 Mac so that I could sell my PC and buy;)ne! ;)

[EDIT]I'l also try and NOT rise to argument/flame bait anymore [/EDIT] ]

whatever

Originally posted by Keldyn

I'd recommend anger management classes, but i would hate to be the next victim of that incredible wrath...;)

I actually had them when I was 18

WickedKitten: I was going to reply to each and every point you made there but then I realised I've stopped following one of my pieces of advice.

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll only bring you down to his level then beat you with experience"

You beat me WickedKitten, I give in.

Dazzla please close this thread as WickedKitten just can't accept an apology and an offered hand of friendship.

Yes you are right. It has seemingly dragged on long enough. I will close this thread now. Oh and kitten, i would have requested a refund on those classes;)

This thread is now Closed- Keldyn