What's your take on the name?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. What's your take on the name?

• Awesome
    • Alright
    • Horrible
    • Undecided

It's also an English word...

Xbox wasn't going to be called Xbox... It was only a code name.

586250932[/snapback]

Fluke... Very rare.

jafo

wow, way to rip off other people's ideas as your own. they even put that on the front page.? good job!!

586253539[/snapback]

look at my post carefully then give a comment, that msg Quoted

I did said winVi sound good for me.

and look at here they have the website already

http://www.vistawindows.com/

Oh joy now the odder things start, people saying the so called what you need to run it, min 3Ghz yeah my ass. over at Pronetworks, all they did was take it from another site and change the words around. my ass thats min to run it though. even other places, its now getting annoying lol.

I don't think I have to tell you people that "I told you so"...

...but I did! :shifty:

To the nay-sayers and those that don't like the name...big deal! If you don't like the name, fire an email off to someone at Waggner Edstrom - I'm sure that they'll take your suggestion under consideration....

NOT! :hump:

What a bunch of useless whiners! GET OVER YOURSELVES! I've never seen such a bunch of self-absorbed, self-important puss-buckets as the load of dim-whits who think that their opinion matters about the naming of a SOFTWARE PRODUCT! The only collection of people who are WORSE than the whiners are the haters & bashers - who gives a flying salute what you think? Go back to your OS with the disaffected and obviously drugged-out penguin as your "mascot", or even the one that has to use the powerful imagery of a ferrocious feline to add and imbue some misplaced sense of power & strength to the OS - your opinions aren't worth the spittle that dribbles out of the corner of your mouth when you begin to gyrate at the mention of Linus Torvalds or Steve Jobs!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Do the world a favor - help clean-up the gene pool by jumping from the highest cliff or precipice - and no cheating by using a parachute or bungie-cord.

:woot: :rofl: :woot:

I mean - COME ON! It's just SOFTWARE! It's not like they're naming your child!!

(to those that are offended, I appologize if you can't understand humor that isn't punctuated by a laugh-track)

--ScottKin

I don't think I have to tell you people that "I told you so"...

...but I did!  :shifty:

To the nay-sayers and those that don't like the name...big deal! If you don't like the name, fire an email off to someone at Waggner Edstrom - I'm sure that they'll take your suggestion under consideration....

NOT! :hump:

What a bunch of useless whiners! GET OVER YOURSELVES! I've never seen such a bunch of self-absorbed, self-important puss-buckets as the load of dim-whits who think that their opinion matters about the naming of a SOFTWARE PRODUCT! The only collection of people who are WORSE than the whiners are the haters & bashers - who gives a flying salute what you think? Go back to your OS with the disaffected and obviously drugged-out penguin as your "mascot", or even the one that has to use the powerful imagery of a ferrocious feline to add and imbue some misplaced sense of power & strength to the OS - your opinions aren't worth the spittle that dribbles out of the corner of your mouth when you begin to gyrate at the mention of Linus Torvalds or Steve Jobs!!!!

:woot:  :woot:  :woot:

Do the world a favor - help clean-up the gene pool by jumping from the highest cliff or precipice - and no cheating by using a parachute or bungie-cord.

:woot:  :rofl:  :woot:

I mean - COME ON! It's just SOFTWARE! It's not like they're naming your child!!

(to those that are offended, I appologize if you can't understand humor that isn't punctuated by a laugh-track)

--ScottKin

586253841[/snapback]

uh oh the first troll has come out of his cave.

well heres my opinon the only best os to come from microsoft are the ones with the years in them eg

windows 95

windows 98

windows 2000

windows 2003

and look at all the failers

windows me :p

i say call it windows 2006 so much easier and understandable

well heres my opinon the only best os to come from microsoft are the ones with the years in them eg

windows 95

windows 98

windows 2000

windows 2003

and look at all the failers

windows me

i say call it windows 2006 so much easier and understandable

Are you calling Windows XP a failure? And why did you say "look at ALL the failures" when you only listed one? Windows XP is the best OS out there in the Windows world for the average user. There is no comparison. It is leaps and bounds ahead of Windows 95/98 and 2000. Integrated drivers, easy to use interface, 100% PC program compatibility, what more could you want?

Windows Vista ? is growing inside me infact,at the time it's released,i'll be loving evry letter,it's fresh indeed,very expectating,it's like seeing to the future

Windows VA or something like that would have been easier to use, but I think the name Vista is the nicest one yet.

btw: This is my first post on these forums and check out my name. :D

I normally only post on Guru3D, but today I decided to register here.

Windows Vista ? is growing inside me infact,at the time it's released,i'll be loving evry letter,it's fresh indeed,very expectating,it's like seeing to the future

586254073[/snapback]

Personally, I think the reason so many people don't like it is because it caught us all off guard. It was a very different name, that no one was expecting, and people are just going to have to get use to it.

Damn it keeps reminding me of Visa or something. Horrible.

586250941[/snapback]

Don't worry, in a few years it will be the other way around :laugh: