What's your take on the name?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. What's your take on the name?

• Awesome
    • Alright
    • Horrible
    • Undecided

Reminds me of White Men Can't Jump:

"There ain't no Vista, there ain't no view and there sure as hell ain't no vista of no view!"

:laugh:

586251624[/snapback]

:rofl:

Microsoft Windows Next

Microsoft windows longhorn

Microwsoft Windows Bob Version 2

Microsoft Windows generations

Microsoft Windows Hello

Microsoft Streak Free Windows Edition 1.0

Microsoft Windows The Lost name

I seriously cannot believe people are so beside themselves over the friggin' name. It's how the OS performs, not what it's called. And we all know it will be a good OS.

i agree. and its not 100% going to be the name. there "supposedly" going to announce it in the next few hours. but for all we know it could be an updated codename after theyve implemented a new codebase rather than building on the server 2003 one?

hmm, well only time will tell i suppose

Vista? What a terrible name.

Seriously though, why not Windows .NET? Aren't they trying to push their dotnet stuff?

586250403[/snapback]

Either MS is totally confused about how far they want to take their .NET idea to, or the are bringing it down and not telling us about it. Becase so far I've seen, MS has been removing the .NET reference from a lot of places, but whenever they are asked abotu it, they always give a conflicting answer.

In regarsd to the name Vista, I think it's a nice name, but only as a codename, not a final product.

Either MS is totally confused about how far they want to take their .NET idea to, or the are bringing it down and not telling us about it. Becase so far I've seen, MS has been removing the .NET reference from a lot of places, but whenever they are asked abotu it, they always give a conflicting answer.

In regarsd to the name Vista, I think it's a nice name, but only as a codename, not a final product.

586251905[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the codename for the beta stage, but for final?!?! If that's the final name they really should think about it :)

On of my old monitors is a ProVista:p I dont like that name. Why not just plain old windows 2006?

As already researched in a previous post...

Vista: "A distant view or prospect, especially one seen through an opening, as between rows of buildings or trees."

They got one thing right... it's a damn distant view. It's not even on the horizon and I'm already sick of it. I've been waiting since BEFORE XP came out. XP can be defined in mathematical terms. "Win2000 + Eye Candy = XP"

And is it supposed to be seen between buildings or trees? OR Linux and OSX?

bah that reminds me when they renamed Whistler to XP and all people was like "XP ?? WTF??"

now thers no problem with xp.... if its named vista ok...

we should not care of names. who cares if its named Windows Vista or Windows SuperStar Chocobo hyper Edition the important things of a O.S. is not specially the name.

Lovely, with a single flick Vista turns into 'Visva', which in Fin means 'pus'.

I can already see the jokes amass on the forums.

I don't likt this name. They should do the same as they did in the old days and call it Windows 2006, or whatever year they want to release it in. This way everyone will know what is the last version and when it was released.

What a weird name. It doesn't ring a bell for me at all, not in Dutch not in English.

I seriously cannot believe people are so beside themselves over the friggin' name.? It's how the OS performs, not what it's called.? And we all know it will be a good OS.

586251749[/snapback]

Practically all commercial products need a "catchy" name. It's called marketing.

Edited by PureLogic