1. 1. What's your take on the name?

• Awesome
    • Alright
    • Horrible
    • Undecided

website is up :woot: click

:p

586250662[/snapback]

hahah! you almost got me there.... did check the adress first and then I saw the images load I was like OMFG no!!!

ahaha!

mon osti (I see your from Montreal ;P )

Edited by djesteban

Who says Microsoft purchased it?  https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=586250505

586250651[/snapback]

It says on Bink.nu that although their name isn't on the .com/.net/.org addresses, it is on the .us address.

I really wasn't expecting a name for Windows so soon, though... I was expecting a bit more hype first.

website is up :woot: click

:p

586250662[/snapback]

LMAO nice :D

I wonder what Mr. Gates' take on the new name ...

Personally, i have never seen a alpha/beta pre-operating system like longhorn catch on and become soo popular... It's a house hold name!! you never really heard as much about Windows Whistler (pre xp) as much as you do about longhorn ... *IF* I had it my way ... i would stick with longhorn .. Keep it as that name... it's very catchy

vista :crazy: :crazy: shows that there are lots of unless ******s working for MS

dont like nor dislike it, but the more I think about the more it seems to fit it so I guess its fine. But if this is the name there will be endless topics on how much its sucks so... not looking forward to that..

that's a awesome name!, i happend to live in a city named "Vista" in California. :}

586250506[/snapback]

i live on an urbanization called "La Vista"

Maybe if we keep talking crap about it, MS will change it... :s

586250444[/snapback]

lol@that hehe true, but really its a horrible name, I dont like it.

Seriously though, why not Windows .NET? Aren't they trying to push their dotnet stuff?

586250403[/snapback]

Well wasn't longhorn supposed to be written it 100% .net and then that was postponed? Maybe that is for the version that really is 100% .net.

(I realize that an operating system can't actually be running in 100% .net, but i think it was planned for nearly everything except for the boot code and the .net runtime.)

dont like nor dislike it, but the more I think about the more it seems to fit it so I guess its fine.

586250692[/snapback]

sure it fits for you... your a fanboy

It says on Bink.nu that although their name isn't on the .com/.net/.org addresses, it is on the .us address.

586250671[/snapback]

That still means nothing. I'm not saying Microsoft didn't actually buy the domain, but you can't say they did just from the WHOIS info.

They registered the domain for windowsvista.us and windowsview.us. Vista means view in spanish.

586250709[/snapback]

Maybe it is going to be called Windows View in english and Windows Vista in spanish :/ still a bad name... even though it is growing on me.

Guys, we'll all just end up calling it just "Vista" anyways, why whine about how large it sounds as Microsoft Windows Vista... everyone will just say Vista for short.

I actually think it sounds nice:)) Not an english name tough... as some have pointed, vista means "vision" or "sight" (that's portuguese or maybe some latin language like spanish).

586250513[/snapback]

It means Vision Or View or Sight and it is an Spanish word :))

The problem is that Microsoft already used all the good names for their Longhorn components :p i.e. Avalon, Indigo etc. Personally either of those for the full name would have been great :)

Just repeating what I said in Comments:

Very few new names don't sound ridiculous at first. Remember Pentium? That was about the nuttiest one I ever remember, yet it's vanilla today.

At least "vista" is a real word. I like it. It's cool and crisp and modern sounding. If they can find a way of *not* attaching a year to it, say Vista 2007, all the better.

I think it's actually a pretty cool name. Definitely flows better than XP. I can just imagine all the other "Vista" named products we'll see soon, like we saw with the XP boom (Athlon XP, Generic Piece of Crap Software XP, etc. XP).

I like it.