Nintendo President on Revolution resolution

from EGM (qouted)

"EGM: Some people are saying Nintendo has given up trying to lead technologically and is focused on innovation.

SM: I don't think the Revolution's (graphics) will be inferior in any fashion to Xbox 360 or PS3. Even if you look at Zelda on GameCube - I don't think that looks inferior to what the competition is touting as "next generation" visuals. But we think there are more important things for now than making the system work with a high-definition television. The majority of people won't be playing our system with an HDTV, (though) with the Revolution, 480p resolution will be standard. We are not making light of graphics and technology - we are trying to make the best-balanced machine that will appeal to the most people."

Zelda looking as good as Next Generation? Oh hell no.

Zelda looks nice but the textures are still blurry as hell, a lot of polys are still low-res, and some of the scenery scenes are devoid of ... well, scenery.

I still think RE4 looks better than Zelda but maybe it's just because I have yet to play it.

Whatever he says, I'm still going to be disappointed that they're not pushing HDTV (they don't have to make it a standard, but at least push it a little).

He's kidding himself with the Zelda comment :wacko:

Hahahaha! I'm laughing my ass off at the Zelda comment!

Jesus, all the Nintendo execs need to stop taking acid and start seriously contemplating dropping the hardware business. They have no goddamn idea what the public wants anymore.

I am sorry but RE4 has way better graphics than some Next Gen PS3 and XBOX360 games that I have seen. Also keep in mind Zelda: TP isn't finished yet and the final product will have amazing graphics. Personally, I think the Nintendo Revolution will have an unbeatable line of launch titles including a new Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid and Starfox.

I am sorry but RE4 has way better graphics than some Next Gen PS3 and XBOX360 games that I have seen. Also keep in mind Zelda: TP isn't finished yet and the final product will have amazing graphics. Personally, I think the Nintendo Revolution will have an unbeatable line of launch titles including a new Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid and Starfox.

586266746[/snapback]

And all the titles will be remakes. And the controller for Revolution will be a Microphone and to control you sing. :laugh:

Ummm ya, graphics never have and never will attract me to a game. It's only 1 small part of the game. Gameplay is much much much more important. In single player, story is more important than anything else... also people will complain about a poor control system before they'd ever bother saying, the game sucked because the graphics weren't as good as I'm used to.

It's funny that people still push graphics so hard... I mean, that's only like 1/4 of the experience... I would rather have a really fun gameplay style like bomberman with a good soundtrack to back it up and 8 bit graphics than play something as boring as Doom 3.

Otherwise, don't judge it until it's out, and yes graphics are still important, but it's not make or break a system.

Gawd! I shouldn't even visit revolution threads anymore. This is all I ever hear "OMG Nintendo says graphics aren't the most important thing! They're so noob and should die like sega, and that would make me happy."

That guys off his rocker, the revolution is going to become the Dreamcast and then Nintendo will become a hand-held games & software company.

586266861[/snapback]

:argh:

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups.

And all the titles will be remakes.

586266772[/snapback]

Have you noticed how many 5's, 6's and 7's are next to the PS3 lineup names? And if you can name me 2 Mario games that are played the same, I'll shut up. Even Mario 3 and Mario World, while alike in some aspects were very different in the features they offered.

I would rather have a really fun gameplay style like bomberman with a good soundtrack to back it up and 8 bit graphics than play something as boring as Doom 3.

586266841[/snapback]

Very true, that's the reason those "remakes" someone mentioned still sell like cupcakes, and why the downloadable classics on rev has everyone with a brain really excited.

Gawd! I shouldn't even visit revolution threads anymore. This is all I ever hear "OMG Nintendo says graphics aren't the most important thing! They're so noob and should die like sega, and that would make me happy."

586266841[/snapback]

Yeah, I should follow your advice. A lot of people who started gaming like yesterday "think" (for the lack of a better term) that they know everything there is to it.

That guys off his rocker, the revolution is going to become the Dreamcast and then Nintendo will become a hand-held games & software company.

586266861[/snapback]

God, does humanity stand up a chance of surviving ?..........

586266873[/snapback]

.... Thankfully, you brought up my faith again.

dun dun dun.... bring on the Nintendo Fanboys.. :D

just kidding.

i find it really disapointing and sickening that people can judge a console's future without knowing anything about it. The revolution will probably contain Next Generation graphics. Nintendo is working hard with IBM and ATI to make new chips. ATI and IBM also helped make the chips for the gamecube. Broadway and Hollywood will probably be decent affordable chips with next generation technology built into them just like the gamecube. Look at the gamecube. $99 dollars put out graphics such as resident evil 4. Resident Evil 4 Arguably has graphics better than the xbox which can be purchased for $200. with $99 Nintendo still made a profit on their console.

What do I have to say about the revolution? Nothing. It is my most anticipated console. It will have the titles I am most interested in. and I know nothing about it, along with the people who are making bad comments about it. Overal i agree with Erich's comment. I put gameplay above graphics anyday, so I support the direction Nintendo is taking.

Could i potentially be disapointed by the controller(s) when they are unvieled? yes..

Could the graphics be not on par with current generation? there is a possibility

if it wasn't on par with current generation would i care? no.

EDIT: All prices i used are in Canadian Dollars

Edited by Dale

Yer we will survive since we still got the XBOX360 and the PS3 :whistle:

586267785[/snapback]

I think you misunderstood what I said. What I meant was, does humanity stand a chance with such high levels of stupidity.

how can he say people won't be playing on hdtvs? they are already standard, and will be majority in like a year.

i really really hope the games at least support 16:9...i don't want to be watching a stretched image.

do these guys not grasp how popular hdtvs are?

586266873[/snapback]

Ignoring Iwata's stubbornness to accept current & future standards is clever ? :huh:

I think the Nintendo Revolution will have an unbeatable line of launch titles including a new Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid and Starfox.

586266746[/snapback]

since when was Zelda going to be a launch title??

Twilight Princess is going to be on GC and yes they are working on a Rev. Zelda...but i don't see it being ready for the Rev. launch.....

do these guys not grasp how popular hdtvs are?

586271597[/snapback]

because America's the only country in the world that matters... :blink:

try looking outside of this country...sure HD is quickly becoming very popular in the US (maybe canada, i'm not sure) but overseas it is definetly not as prominent or even close to being the standard....

Wow, what happened to days where gameplay was more important than graphics, people? OH TEH NOES MY TV ISN'T SUPPORTED. I'm there are bigger problems facing the world today.

Wow, what happened to days where gameplay was more important than graphics, people? OH TEH NOES MY TV ISN'T SUPPORTED. I'm there are bigger problems facing the world today.

586271758[/snapback]

What's the point of paying $200-300 for a new console if it still has the same damn graphics?

Just realize that graphics pushes the industry forward and it will be that way for a long time.

586271758[/snapback]

So in your way of thinking you wouldn't mind if the game developers just said "hey you know lets throw all this stuff out and re-introduce Pong to the masses, not a 3D version with cool graphics just the old black and white beep beep version they will love that eric zed a guy on a forum don't care about graphics!"

yup, anyone who denies the importance of graphics is a hypocrite. otherwise you'd still be playing text based games with good plots...

yup, anyone who denies the importance of graphics is a hypocrite.  otherwise you'd still be playing text based games with good plots...

586272159[/snapback]

i actually rotate between zork I, II, & III quite regularly....