Windows Vista Beta 1

Ok Install complete....working great so far. No issues. I won't be able to try to get onto the internet yet, because I am at work. Shut down was extremely fast. Getting to the welcome screen took a little while, but not worse than XP. Login was fast.

Ok Install complete....working great so far. No issues. I won't be able to try to get onto the internet yet, because I am at work. Shut down was extremely fast. Getting to the welcome screen took a little while, but not worse than XP. Login was fast.

586291902[/snapback]

I'm going to install it on my 700m, also.

How does it look?

Just a point of note (seen people asking a few pages back)....

WPF BETA 1 (Avalon) is on the DVD, just install. :)

Oh sweet...I like the drag handle when you want to change the view of the files in the file explorer....drag it and watch the files view change real time

I'm going to install it on my 700m, also.

How does it look?

586291909[/snapback]

It looks great, and so far is working great. I had a bone stock 700m, and there are two items it doesn't find drivers for:

Mass Storage Controller

PCI Modem

It finds the display adapter....Integrated Intel Graphics.

It loads a default Monitor driver, Generic PnP Monitor.

It finds the NIC and internal Network card.

Sound works.

Ok so what folders are safe to delete?

I see it put something in there called boot, build, installed repsoitory, users, windows.old, and wmpub.

I assume users stays. I like that....better than documents and settings...etc etc etc...

Oh man, this is impressive...I like the file transfer dialog also... That is slick!

Do I have to format the drive to install Vista? Im getting an error when I choose the disk and click continue

586292007[/snapback]

*shutters* I'd rather not talk about install issues with Vista. Which included me installing and re-installing the hard drive with different jumper settings 4 times and spending an hour on diskpart. Only to realize all I needed to do was start to install XP.

lol I see. I have two SATA disks which Vista wont install on, getting a bluescreen each time I try. I have 1 IDE drive but if im going to format it I have to take 60gig backup :pinch:

will the transparent look show up with my Ati Radeon X300

586292019[/snapback]

It *should*. There might have been an issue with that one in the release notes. Cant remember though. Take a look in the docs folder on the DVD.

Has anybody found a way to create custom Virtual Folders? Are the ones in there just a proof of concept?

I can't find a way to modify the existing ones or create my own.

When I installed it, I had one drive, one partition. I was logged into winxp, I installed while I was in XP. It said there was a version of windows on this drive, and that it would put it into windows.old. I was like fine. I wanted to install it here like this anyway. I had no problems installing it over the current windows xp. Still running strong.

Has anybody found a way to create custom Virtual Folders?  Are the ones in there just a proof of concept?

586292049[/snapback]

One way I found is to go to search, search for something. It gives you the results. Then there is an organize button with a drop down. Click that and say save search. That allows you to create a custom view/virtual folder.

Has anybody found a way to create custom Virtual Folders?  Are the ones in there just a proof of concept?

586292049[/snapback]

Im wondering the same and I cant access the newsgroups.

Just a point of note (seen people asking a few pages back)....

WPF BETA 1 (Avalon) is on the DVD, just install.  :)

586291910[/snapback]

Does this give you more eyecandy?

I've got it installed now but I've got a really bizzare problem is that it is very very laggy unless I give it something to do... eg a spyware scan or extracting some huge file.. I find this very odd as I don't remember this issue in the Alpha's.. I've installed the ATi driver and everything *appears* to be ok from that.. Tried installing the via drivers which it just ignored due to a version mismatch.

I've activated my newsgroup account but now I've got to wait 2 hours for it to go through before I can ask on there :(