• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mighty Mouse

Freakz    2

its got a cord :(

smart001    0
its got a cord :(

586312585[/snapback]

I agree, that thing woud be bad 4$$ if it was wireless

mootymoots    0

and i think you have to lift your finger physically off and put it on again for a click to register its touch sensitive top part... not such a good idea me thinks now....

Huy    0

Going to buy one myself too, after I read the tech specs and pages/info on it. Depends how much it costs, too. :p

chimera963    0

should this possibly be like front page news or isnt it that important?

mootymoots    0

someone's probably already added it to BPN for a mod to pick up on soon :)

toastyghost    0
and i think you have to lift your finger physically off and put it on again for a click to register its touch sensitive top part... not such a good idea me thinks now....

586312613[/snapback]

What? You have to lift your finger off any mouse to click again, even if its only so far as to let the button rise back. It won't be any less intuitive.

The Button That Wasn?t

Alas the fate of the one-button mouse in today?s multibutton world. Who has time for intuitive, elegant design when there is so much clicking to do?

Edit: Bah, its not actually on the store yet in the UK.

Edited by toastyghost

Huy    0

Does anybody know how much it is in AUD? It only says $49 USD but Aussie prices don't always convert (properly anyway, into retail pricing) for Aussies. It's not about $66 is it? Cheaper for EDU?

mootymoots    0
What? You have to lift your finger off any mouse to click again, even if its only so far as to let the button rise back. It won't be any less intuitive.

586312662[/snapback]

no, the button pushes itself back up. You dont lift your finger physically up and down, the button pushes your finger back up when you release pressure. AFAIK the top buttons arent pressure sensitive, but touch sensitive.

Ie on current mice you press down, and the button pushes you back up

On this you will have to push down AND lift up. Ie twice the energy. Plus for gaming you'll need nimble fingers

Wizz    0

Ignore me....

toastyghost    0
no, the button pushes itself back up. You dont lift your finger physically up and down, the button pushes your finger back up when you release pressure. AFAIK the top buttons arent pressure sensitive, but touch sensitive

586312673[/snapback]

Hmm. Even so, I'm sure that it won't be uncomfortable. Hopefully they'll have put in some kind of detection to see if you're holding or double clicking.

I'm going to buy one as soon as it hits the store and then I'll review it for everyone.

ACTIONpack    491

It seem like a good idea but after thinking about it I don't think it's that good of a mouse. The sensitive would click everytime I move the mouse. I guess I have to play around with it before I can see more.

crazzyyfool    29
no, the button pushes itself back up. You dont lift your finger physically up and down, the button pushes your finger back up when you release pressure. AFAIK the top buttons arent pressure sensitive, but touch sensitive

586312673[/snapback]

Errm. Of course you lift your fingers. You make a click and release. Typical mouse usage.

PureLogic    0

I'm definitely going to buy one, although ?55,- is pretty expensive if you ask me. I never cared much for a wireless mouse on my Mac since I can plug it into the back of my Pro Keyboard.

The design is just perfect, just what one could expect from Apple.

Edit: What's the dpi of the optical sensor btw?

Edit: I'm assuming that this is the oft-forgotten fact that Apple don't include VAT on their prices...

586312726[/snapback]

They do in the Netherlands Apple Store:):)

toastyghost    0

Uh. I just went to order it, and although the site says 'Just ?35. Free shipping', the checkout says this:

Apple Mighty Mouse

Part Number: MA086

Ready to ship: Within 24hrs

1  ?29.79  ?29.79

Order Subtotal:  ?29.79

Shipping Charge:  ?4.50

VAT:  ?6.00

Total:  ?40.29

Edit: I'm assuming that this is the oft-forgotten fact that Apple don't include VAT on their prices...

Wickedkitten    12
indextop20050802.jpg

+Human.Online    8,709

Kinda like the other thread?

Is this gonna be the next "Optima Keyboard" topic?

On Topic:

I like the idea of squeezing.... Tactile!

crazzyyfool    29

Apple Store does include VAT but exclude delivery.

post-61366-1122989886_thumb.jpg

Dav-id    5

it is a big shame that there isnt a bluetooth one out at the moment! On the plus side i wont be going through dozens of batteries a year

Does anyone know if it will 'click' in the sense that the previous mice do? Or will it be just touchpad type experience?

Spykes424    0

Ah the cord throws me, how long is it? The one on the standard mouse is way to short for me! :(

Is the keyboard going to be updated any time soon? Or should I get a wireless one while I'm at it, and you guys think they're will be a bluetooth one soon? :-\

vip    17

so yeah, this looks cool .. think i may get it! :p

mootymoots    0
Errm. Of course you lift your fingers. You make a click and release. Typical mouse usage.

586312701[/snapback]

well i dont. I press and let the pressure off. the button then pushes back up and unclicks

Koolslacker    0
Ah the cord throws me, how long is it? The one on the standard mouse is way to short for me! :(

Is the keyboard going to be updated any time soon? Or should I get a wireless one while I'm at it, and you guys think they're will be a bluetooth one soon? :-\

586312770[/snapback]

I can never go back to wired mouse and keyboard. I don't have bluetooth, but if I am buying one, I would go for bluetooth.