Mighty Mouse

This mouse is too damn cool. Okay, so it's still a mouse, nothing really special. But I loved the one button mouse look, and this just takes it and perfects it.

You still click as if you were going to click before, but the hardware inside senses whether or not it's a left click or a right click. Just like the old one, you press down to click. You can tap it a thousand times, but unless you press down, it won't click. The round button also acts as a middle-click, which is nice. Also, the "side buttons" are just one, you gotta press em both to make it work, just like on the old mouse (it acted as a hold-here-while-you-pick-up-the-mouse-and-move-it button, so that if you had something selected and you ran out of space on your mousepad or whatever, it wouldn't become de-selected while you lifted up the mouse) so nothing big there.

I'd say, if you like the look of the old mouse but didn't like it just because you needed just a right-click and a scroll, then yeah, it's worth it.

well this is certainly surprising and i have to say it looks very spiffy but im kinda sad. this is sort of the end of an era. one button is like one of the things that defines the mac and even though it looks like a single button, its not. ill prob get one sooner or later but i still like my single click, lol

LOL i got my apple mouse and keyboard and wake up this morning to see that they released this new mouse. kind of ****es me off. ne ways i dont think touch sensitivity is a good idea, itl be hard to click SUPER fast.

LOL i got my apple mouse and keyboard and wake up this morning to see that they released this new mouse. kind of ****es me off. ne ways i dont think touch sensitivity is a good idea, itl be hard to click SUPER fast.

586316357[/snapback]

You click just like a normal mouse. The hardware inside just senses what click to perform, left or right.

I am totally jazzed about this thing. I am SO glad that they appear to be offering a wired version. I totally dig wired stuff (no batteries to mess with)

Instead of that bulky 4 direction scroll wheel crap that is on the latest Microsoft mice, you have a simple scroll wheel / button thing. How freakin' cool is THAT????

Only $49 too!

I want one!

well this is certainly surprising and i have to say it looks very spiffy but im kinda sad.  this is sort of the end of an era.  one button is like one of the things that defines the mac and even though it looks like a single button, its not.  ill prob get one sooner or later but i still like my single click, lol

586316271[/snapback]

You can use the Mighty Mouse as a single-button mouse. From Apple's product page:

Use it any way you work: Stick with single-button simplicity or click with multibutton efficiency.

Any word of a possible Bluetooth version? Very disappointing that Apple is only offering wireled :( (So far anyway... I'm gonna hope that they release a BT version...)

Any word of a possible Bluetooth version? Very disappointing that Apple is only offering wireled :( (So far anyway... I'm gonna hope that they release a BT version...)

Maybe if it is successful they will release a wireless version too.

Definitely going to get one. Does anyone know if the side button(s) can be used to preform a certain task, i.e. going to the previous page in Safari?

And someone asked how long the cord was. AppleInsider says 29-inches.

^ I think it's not possible actually. Check AppleInsider because there's a new review up. I think you have to push (squeeze) both side buttons to perform ONE action. For example, squeeze both sides and it activates Expose?

I don't know, but I'll be getting mine shipped today and it should be delivered before I get home from uni today. I don't think you can use the two buttons individually, like back/forward in Safari. I'll try it later though (in about 8 hrs!)

I thought the scroll wheel was a nice innovation, but leave it to Apple to come up with a better way of doing things.

The side to side scroll wheel click concept seems a clunky way to go about left and right navigation compared to Apple's solution, don't you think? Apple's solution seems so smart and elegant and I find myself wondering "How is it possible that nobody came up with that solution before?"

Elegant simplicity. Very cool indeed.

Although it's probably very useful, and more than likely it works very well, i dont like the look of the little 'scroll ball'.. i'd get one of these if they had a wireless one without the scrollball. and if they had colors other than white.. but i know my dreams will probably never come true. :(

Let me get this straight;

It's an optical mouse, with a scroll bar that turns in all four directions and it has a right/left click button, plus 1 button on each side.

Right?