What are you playing?

Couple of hours into Prey.

Jesus, I'm so confused at what I'm suppose to be doing in this game.  Recycle stuff, check emails, check cabinets/bodies for stuff (only to find out I'm out of space), put some neromods in this and that ... argh .. and die trying to kill those mimics with a wrench/goo.  Pistol is worthless.

Not a fan ... yet.

2 hours ago, Jim K said:

Couple of hours into Prey.

Jesus, I'm so confused at what I'm suppose to be doing in this game.  Recycle stuff, check emails, check cabinets/bodies for stuff (only to find out I'm out of space), put some neromods in this and that ... argh .. and die trying to kill those mimics with a wrench/goo.  Pistol is worthless.

Not a fan ... yet.

That was a very interesting, but disappointing game for me. The whole story line seemed rather weak to me.

4 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

That was a very interesting, but disappointing game for me. The whole story line seemed rather weak to me.

I actually played the original "Prey" about the Cherokee Indian guy on Xbox 360 and found it quite fun, and was actually slightly "bothered" by the fact that they re-used the name for a completely different game.

Lately I've been playing through Final Fantasy X/X2 HD Remaster on PC (Steam).  I'm actually sort of glad that they didn't really bother the visuals all that much except to touch them up and sharpen them for higher resolution displays and wide screen aspect ratios.  Everything looks crisp, clean and beautiful, but it's not a complete "remake" of the original game, just a remaster, so it still looks and feels almost exactly like the original, just polished up a bit for modern hardware.  One huge difference is that they've also fixed the transparency issues that existed around Tidus's hair in the original; I seem to remember there being some very large, blocky looking transparency issues around the jagged edges of Tidus's hair, and that seems completely gone.  Even the FMVs appear to have been re-encoded at a slightly higher resolution.  At first I was sort of surprised to see the game capped at 30fps, but then as I played it I realized that's an intentional "feature" of the game since some in-game cutscenes use heavy amounts of motion blur, slow motion, etc., and raising the framerate to 60 would have made a 30fps cutscene with motion blur look really out of place.  I am a fan of the remastered audio tracks as well.  The remastered audio seems very well done and does a good job of just "updating" the original sound of the game without departing completely from the atmosphere set by the original soundtrack.  Plus, when you get all those secret items and Al Bhed primers and such, you actually get Steam achievements for it, :-)

20171115230659_1.jpg

20171119023038_1.jpg

20171119042406_1.jpg

20171119050937_1.jpg

World of Tanks

thumb-083-world-of-tanks-5.jpg

Some CoD WW2 MP (sorry)

A ton of this small indie game called Chronicon (one guy making it, top down hack n slasher with loot and stuffs!) I highly recommend that one.

Sky Force Reloaded now that it came out on Steam. Along with Closers Online and Kritika Online as well.

totally lost my gaming mojo since completing Wolfenstein II, great but now nothing else is interesting me, bought Destiny 2 and i just cant get into it, dont know why. Ill give it a serious go over the holiday...only thing i play daily still is an indie title "Fractured Space"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310380/Fractured_Space/

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to Horizon Zero Dawn, even though there's nothing else for me to do on it.

(Plus a brand new oled tv, so I really didn't want to wreck it like I did my old plasma with the Destiny HUD)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing Fallout 3 on the laptop lately. I re-purchased it for the Xbox One and played it a little up there, but I've mostly been playing it on the laptop. Got a lot farther. It's a great game. I had it on Steam, but since I didn't want Steam bogging down my laptop (especially since iTunes is already doing so), I got the GOG version on sale. DRM free, Xbox Live removed, it just works. Loading times are insanely low now. They weren't bad even on the Xbox 360, but I'm playing on a Core i7 dual core with 12GB of RAM. I can kill the load times entirely if I run it off my portable SSD. As the game will be 10 years old this year, it amazes me how well it runs. I'm also using the unofficial patch, which fixes a bunch of stuff. And some things I didn't want. Like how with the Broken Steel expansion, your non-human allies would have exponentially more HP. That's not a thing anymore with the unofficial patch. I grabbed Dogmeat on the way to Minefield, and I can't get him to survive — he runs headlong into the mines every time. So I suppose I will be taking the "Puppies" perk (if Dogmeat dies/has died, his puppy spawns at Vault 101 — you can keep doing this for each dog you get killed, just wait a day and go back and the puppy will be there — the puppy being a full size clone of the original). I don't like any of the companions in Fallout 3, except Dogmeat, but he does get in the way. I suppose Charon (the ghoul) is okay, but I don't go near the Mall until mid-game. Of course Fawkes is the best, but you don't get him until the very end.

Telltale's Back to the Future

King's Quest

Carmageddon/Carmageddon Max Damage

Commander Keen Complete Pack

Trivia Crack

Assassin's Creed Origins

Stardew Valley

AC:Origins is everything I ever wanted in a game 10 years ago.  Now I simply don't have the time to play and there is so much to do it is overwhelming.  Sometimes I don't bother playing because of that.  Teenage me would be upset to hear this, but it's just too much anymore.

im still gaming mojo-less, nothings peaking my interest atm :( 

gone back to a bit of LoTRo to check out the endgame Mordor stuff (im a vip subber from Codemasters days)

Started Far Cry Primal ... different but enjoyable (not as much as the previous Far Cry games).  Maybe that'll change once I start gathering more of the skills/weapons.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:06 PM, Jim K said:

Started Far Cry Primal ... different but enjoyable (not as much as the previous Far Cry games).  Maybe that'll change once I start gathering more of the skills/weapons.

I picked Far Cry Primal up during one of the sales, thinking it'd bide me over until Far Cry 5, but like you it's just not as enjoyable...the fundamentals are the same (capture outposts, gather things to skill up, complete missions to unlock parts of the map to face bigger and badder bosses) but the lack of guns really puts me off. I'm about 30% through (I think) and I put it down. 

I recently played through AC- Unity. Good game if a little flawed...the controls had some issues and it was just so frustrating at times. The missions were way more varied and love the large scale boss assassinations. Currently playing through Forza Horizon 3 with the Hot Wheels DLC. Absolutely love the game, playing it on my shiny new Xbox One S ;)

• 2 weeks later...

PLAYING SONIC MANIA

damn! This is all I wanted Sonic games to be for generations. 

The stupid Sonic 4 messed up the dynamics, and while it looked the par, it was chore to play.

Not even mentioning all the lame other Sonic games from then till now!!!

I am almost 40, yet I feel like a teenager, giggling from joy, as I advance, level, by level, in Sonic Mania!

If you are a Mega Drive (Genesis) owner that played Sonic 2, 3  - you must give it a try - it is pure unadulterated fun!

(I can only compare it to Mario appeal, as I am also playing Oddysey, but this is more of a flashback, with no 3d...   Team Sonic never managed to make a good 3d game, unfortunately. Sonic speed clearly does not work in 3d)

Fortnite, Fortnite, more Fortnite, some more Fortnite...

I wasn't really super into this game (PvE mode) at first but I love the variety of weapons and stuff.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:47 PM, Jimmy #1 said:

damn! This is all I wanted Sonic games to be for generations. 

I'm a fan of Generations and Forces heh :)  I don't know how it is on base console hardware (I heard...things) but Forces is great on the x1x.  I'll probably skip Mania personally.

• 4 weeks later...

Playing through Sunset Overdrive (finally). Such a good game, would love to see a sequel to this. 

• 1 month later...

Finally got some time to play dishonored 2,  god I love stealth games, need more of them.