What are you playing?

Since completing Sunset Overdrive (recommend it if you have haven't dabbled). I've played and completed Pneuma: Breathe of Life (some great and some frustrating puzzles) and The Walking Dead - Michonne (another great Telltale game)

Current playing through Valiant Hearts and Steep. 

Stuck in the doldrums. Guess I'm part waiting for Deadfire, Can't get interested in anything, so still jumping around some MMOs. Doing WoW now. Might do Senua soon. I've downloaded and uninstalled a dozen games in the past couple of weeks, after finishing Far Cry 5.

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

Since completing Sunset Overdrive (recommend it if you have haven't dabbled). I've played and completed Pneuma: Breathe of Life (some great and some frustrating puzzles) and The Walking Dead - Michonne (another great Telltale game)

Current playing through Valiant Hearts and Steep. 

Valiant Hearts was a nice little game, specially the story they put together, just a bit short overall is the only issue I had with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George P said:

Valiant Hearts was a nice little game, specially the story they put together, just a bit short overall is the only issue I had with it.

It's about 4-5 hours, from what I ready, which was about the length of the CoD SP campaigns when I last played. :p So it's pretty good when you look at it like that. ;)

• Like 1

Hmm, I guess it's been a while since I posted here.

I started Until Dawn the other week. It was kinda slow to get in to, but now that people are getting bumped off due to my potentially poor decisions (sorry about the buzzsaw to the abdomen, Josh) I'm enjoying it more.

I've also been jumping in to Fortnite. But good lord, they don't take any prisoners. I came 6th last night, but I think that was down to luck more than anything. :laugh:

• Like 2

Currently playing Far Cry 5 (both by myself and helping my friend in coop, so double the Crying!) and having fun with it. Also enjoy the arcade stuff in there. Wish more people playing online though on the PC, I can never seem to get into a game there.

Also continuing to play Hero Siege here on PC (its on Android and maybe iOS also). I have like 500 hours in that game by now. Fun little top down hack and slash looter/rogue-lite kinda game. Tons of classes (most are DLC, but its pretty cheap per character I believe) and even has multiplayer support for up to 4 players.

Also still playing Dungeon Defenders II, Ni No Kuni II and Deep Rock Galactic (all on PC naturally, don't have a console these days) and a small bit of CoD WW2 MP still.

So finished Valiant Hearts last night. 

Such a good game, it's been a long time since I actually felt invested in the characters or story. I'm starting to realise that the stuff that isn't considered AAA is far better than the same rehashed sequel every year! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing Skyrim: Special Edition on PC.  I don't mod, at least not yet because I haven't done everything I want to do, I'm just really into the Elder Scrolls lore.  I finished the main storyline once on Playstation 3 way back in the day, so this time I've been doing side quests, and over the past week or so when I have time to play I've been doing the "Dragonborn" DLC.  I figured it would be maybe a couple of hours tops of an interesting little side story, but no, it's almost an entire game completely unto itself with its own island and everything.

20180429220048_1.jpg

20180429230837_1.jpg

20180505223453_1.jpg

20180517232800_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Alley Cat said:

Day of the Tentacle

Grim Fandango

i assume, those are remakes? I really enjoyed both. Grim Fandango more so. Day of the Tentacle was great as it was already, so I just replayed it quickly. Grim was somewhat of a new experience, since I never managed to complete the original.

Finished PoE 2. Will wait for more DLC/content before replaying it, though I definitely will.

Unexpectedly got back into Anarchy Online for now.

For the life of me, I can't manage to even start The Witcher 2. I want to. I love RPGs and games in that style. I know there is a good story and solid gameplay waiting. I just... I must've played through the tutorial and intro 10 times. I've tried controller and mouse and keyboard. I just can't... I don't know. I've never been so confused about why I'm not playing a game.

I just finished Uncharted 4. It took a couple of days, but it was worth every minute. The annoying thing is that the epilogue has now got me thinking about playing the trilogy again, imagining that it's Nathan and Elena telling their daughter about the experience. :laugh:

And I came 2nd in Fortnite the other evening. The problem with letting everyone else duke it out is that when it comes down to the final 10 you probably don't have equipment as good as they do. I need to find some kind of middle ground...

11 hours ago, Zagadka said:

Finished PoE 2. Will wait for more DLC/content before replaying it, though I definitely will.

For the life of me, I can't manage to even start The Witcher 2. I want to. I love RPGs and games in that style. I know there is a good story and solid gameplay waiting. I just... I must've played through the tutorial and intro 10 times. I've tried controller and mouse and keyboard. I just can't... I don't know. I've never been so confused about why I'm not playing a game.

I played through the tutorial once and then gave up lol I've played others to death, but like you, I can't get into it. I'm pretty sure that it was a complaint of the first and 3 has supposedly made it way more accessible. 

Played through Limbo yesterday, one of the many games that I'd started but never finished. Another great little game, managed to pick up Inside before last week's Deals with Gold on Xbox ended. Looking foward to playing that one too. 

11 hours ago, Zagadka said:

it took me many attempt to get into W2

however once I forced myself for the first 1-1,5 hours it got better and better

• 2 weeks later...

Doom 3

Forgot how both good visually (for a 14 year old game) and not so good (game play) it is.  Also, I don't remember it being this long (seems like I've been playing it forever).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got back into Titanfall 2. I'd almost forgotten how good the MP was. However, I'm now finding that it's taking longer and longer to match make :( 

May have to find something else to play. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing through my backlog of titles, just finished the vanishing of Ethan Carter and started into batman the telltale series.  I might play RE7 afterward. 

Are you playing Destiny 2 on console or PC? If on PC, maybe we can go shoot some stuff on other planets and moon like objects. ?

• 1 month later...

It has been, I guess a year or more since I played the first Dead Space game on an HP laptop I had at the time.  I loved the game and had never played it on any of the consoles or anything when it was first released.  Since then I've been playing all kinds of things, but mostly games that don't require much focus since I work through the week and I'm usually pretty exhausted on the weekend.  Since I've got a 4-day weekend for labor day I figured now was as good a time as any to play through part 2, so I started that today.

Really fun game.  I'm playing it on PC but using an XBone controller so I can lean back in my chair with headphones.  It has a few different mechanics, like forcing you to pay attention and not shoot the windows out of rooms facing space, :p  It's an older game, but it still looks nice enough, especially considering its age, ?

One thing I did notice though, I tried enabling VSync in game and it capped the game at 30fps, even though I had it set to a 60hz resolution, so I had to turn off VSync in-game and enable it through my Radeon settings to get rid of the screen tearing (the game was hitting like 500+ fps) without having the game capped at 30fps.

20180901195037_1.jpg

20180901213348_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Small update on my side, finished Rime last week, and just finished my playthrough of Oxenfree, both games I picked up on GoG for sale.    Oxenfree is fun, I really liked it and the story, and how it's actually forcing me to play it again but I don't know if I'll do a 2nd playthrough.   Don't know what I'll start into next, maybe I'll finally play RE7.

• Like 1