What are you playing?

so, does it have the same feeling as Sim-City?    or  completely different?

I think it's different.

Sim City is about building a city.

Banished is about surviving.

so, does it have the same feeling as Sim-City?    or  completely different?

Completely different.

You have to micro-manage individual tasks far more with Banished.

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow I do my 24-hour straight gaming marathon for Extra Life's fundraiser.

Got both seasons of Walking Dead for PS4 (already played them on PS3, but easy trophies hey) and Shadows of Mordor brand new as well.

If I get bored I'll fire up some TLOU multiplayer or NHL15.

twitch.tv/soniqstylz if you want to follow.

Just finished Grid 2 again for the fun of it.

Now im playing:

• Formula 1 2014
  • Skyrim (as always lol)
  • Shadow of Mordor(installing now)

All on the PC, with the occasional bout of f1 on my projector. :)

• 1 month later...

Randal's Monday

i am a point and click adventure fan and when i saw it meantioned in one of the articles on xmas game shopping here at neowin i though i would give it a go.

it is brutal, i mean it funny and has tons of references to other games/ movies and such... and it got drinking/puking/crude humor.

i wish something like that was available when i was in college years and years ago.   i would have loved it and played it with friends, to solve the puzzles. 

now i am on day 3 of 7 and i think i am just going to quit it.  taking way to much time, with little reward.    first 2 days were pretty good though, but i don't have the time to click everything and use everything on everything. and reading hints is not hints, it is a walk-though.

not a bad game, some geniuine laughs, if you used to be a slacker video gamer drinking and trying to act cool in college  (like i was :blush: )

i am going to replay portal 2.  what a great game. and last time i had to resort to guide to get me though some tough spots.  this time i am going blind.  long enough time went by, for the game to feel reasonably fresh again!

I'm not really a gamer anymore tho. I do other web based things.

people game for fun.    what other web based things you do for fun?   :shifty:

Currently:

Skyrim(on and off, few quests a week)

F1 2014

AND I just bought GTA IV for PC to rekindle the love in preparation for GTA V coming out on PC. :)

I have been a bit addicted to TV series and movies lately after work so haven't gamed much. That may change as I have second GFX card on the way this week for the fun.

AND I just bought GTA IV for PC to rekindle the love in preparation for GTA V coming out on PC. :)

ggghhh,     i disliked GTA IV a lot, what a disappointment.   looking forward to GTA V though,  as it looks more like GTA III Vice City and San Andreas...  both amazing games.

i heard some extra expansion packs for GTA IV were better, but i got the original on day 1, and after giving it a fair go of about 10 hours, i did not like it.    for many reasons. 

watching the GTA V gameplay on PS3,  i am feeling that GTA V has corrected those mistakes and it look fun again!

Sleeping Dogs definitive edition is a brilliant game, and it was the game I loved to play way better then GTA IV.  Cars, open world, missions, story....  everything was better in Sleeping Dogs!

In fact it was Sleeping Dogs, that took the GTA formula and improved it in the way I wanted.    

So I will just pretend Sleeping Dogs was GTA IV and then comes the GTA V.  ;)

people game for fun.    what other web based things you do for fun?   :shifty:

I code for people (Sort of a beginner at it tho)

Myself and some friends had a server hosting company for a while.

I also set Vps servers up for people who don't know what there doing.

And more. that's just some of the web based things I get up to.

But as I said when I do decide to get on a game its CS:GO

ggghhh,     i disliked GTA IV a lot, what a disappointment.   looking forward to GTA V though,  as it looks more like GTA III Vice City and San Andreas...  both amazing games.

i heard some extra expansion packs for GTA IV were better, but i got the original on day 1, and after giving it a fair go of about 10 hours, i did not like it.    for many reasons. 

watching the GTA V gameplay on PS3,  i am feeling that GTA V has corrected those mistakes and it look fun again!

Sleeping Dogs definitive edition is a brilliant game, and it was the game I loved to play way better then GTA IV.  Cars open world, missions, story....  everything was better in Sleeping Dogs!

In fact it was Sleeping Dogs, that took the GTA formula and improved it in the way I wanted.    

So I will just pretend Sleeping Dogs was GTA IV and then comes the GTA V.  ;)

What issues did you find in GTA IV? And I will look into Sleeping dogs a bit more, a few of my colleagues say its very good :)

• Like 1

What issues did you find in GTA IV? And I will look into Sleeping dogs a bit more, a few of my colleagues say its very good :)

i can't remember all of them, but the atmosphere was not right,  the missions were less fun,  there were less random missions (like remote helicopter), the setting was off....

not sure really.    the GTA III games (well, the original was ok,  but the 2 - vice city and san andreas)  were so much fun!    after 10 hours in GTA IV, i did not feel much fun.

original Mafia game was amazing too (another game similar to gta)     mafia II was crap though...

different gameplay.. well not crap, it was still ok, but after setting your expectation by the game you love.. it was not as fun.

xcom enemy unknow. Just of the old times.

Skyrim (replaying it with legendary edition)

Watchdogs.

And recently finished Witcher 2. What a fun game, looking to play it again following the elves history.

And recently finished Witcher 2. What a fun game, looking to play it again following the elves history.

Elves side is way better.      I played it first.     I did recently replay the game to see the Roche's side.  It was good, but I did enjoy the elves better. 

Have fun.  But give it a while before replay. It's better that way. Replay it just before Witcher 3.

Finished Assassins Creed Unity.  Started Far Cry 4 but having a hard time getting in to it.  Not sure what is going on, but just seems much harder than FC3 at the same difficulty level. I may go back to it and install/play Dragon Age Inquisition instead.