What are you playing?

Even though they are old, I'm playing Mass Effect 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. It's about all my desktop can handle at the moment considering it's a 6 year old system.

Damn, them zombies can move in L4D2.

[PC] Wolfenstein - Old Blood
[PC] Ultra Street Fighter IV

[PC] LEGO Batman

[PC] LEGO Worlds

[PC] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

[Xbox 360] Minecraft

[Wii] Mario Party 8

Fallout 3 on PS3.  I had a save game already, level 20 something with the main storyline completed, but I had since sold my copy of the GOTY edition a year or two ago.  Lately I had a craving to play again, so I picked up another copy of the GOTY edition and started a new character so I could get back into the swing of things.  I loaded my old character and I was lost, I couldn't remember quest lines, the importance of the people I was talking to, etc., so I just started a brand new character.

I picked up Max Payne 3 from a recent Flash Sale on the PSN. I think it was either $3 or $5.

I beat the game when it first came out and loved it, so figured at that price it was worth picking up to play again sometime in the future.

Well the future was today, and revisiting it again, I really do believe it is one of the best third person shooter games ever made as far as the gun mechanics. This is not even including the bullet time/dodge.

Once you do add the bullet time and bullet dodge to the mix, it really just makes it that much more satisfying overall.

I know some people consider/considered bullet time/dodge to be a dated gameplay mechanic,  but let's not forget the original Max Payne games are pretty much the grandfathers of bullet time. A few games had done it prior to the release of Max Payne 1 in 2001, but I think it is pretty safe to say most people who grew up playing games at that time consider MP1 to be the game that introduced bullet time for real. Simply put, it is a staple of the series.

I really cannot think of any third person shooters that have done shooting better than Max Payne 3. I think Special Ops: The Line comes close. I also think Uncharted 2 does as well. Gears Of War is also very damn satisfying, but it is a different feeling overall. Max Payne 3 is just so incredibly fluid. A criminally overlooked game imho.

Finally caved, after years of being a card carrying member of the PC master race for many years I went and picked up a used PS3. Enjoying Last of Us, may have to give GameFly a spin for laughs and try a few others.. may try Red Dead Redemption and the Uncharted games next, looks like my sort of game. Other than that, spending a lot of time with Witcher 3 on the PC.

I really cannot think of any third person shooters that have done shooting better than Max Payne 3. I think Special Ops: The Line comes close. I also think Uncharted 2 does as well. Gears Of War is also very damn satisfying, but it is a different feeling overall. Max Payne 3 is just so incredibly fluid. A criminally overlooked game imho.

I bought it on day 1 on PC, as I really loved 1 and 2.    I could not keep myself playing it, and gave up after 3rd level.   For some reason it seemed really boring to me.   

My friend was visiting from another country, and he finished the game, while I was at work, and he loved it.   So I might give it another go myself soon, with the controller instead of k and m.

Witcher 3 when my brother isn't available.

Co-oping Dark Souls 2 on PS3 and Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin on PS4 when he is. We've completed DS2 on the 360...so only 7 more versions to go. lol  :/

In the past month I have played:

Diablo 3 [PS4]
Drive Club [PS4]

and 

Cities Skylines [PC]   combined.. probably a total of 4 hours.

Going back to Shift 2 Unleashed after buying it during steam's summer sale

360: Dishonored GOTY Edition, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut, and Dead Space (plan to complete all 3)

PS3: Ni no Kuni, Tales of Symphonia, and Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots

3DS: Tales of the Abyss

PC: TIS-100

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Beta on the Xbox One, first game i've played in ages.

+1. The net code / servers are terrible. Worse than GoW2 :(

Currently doing a franchise playthrough of the Witcher series. Never did give the first game a real chance and I want to see how the characters and story progress from each game.

NFL Street 2 - Dolphin Gamecube Emulator, X360 Wireless Controller PC