What are you playing?

Discovered something a lot of you who like HL2-esque shooters may enjoy.

It's a free HL2 mod called "Goldeneye: Source".  Basically they've re-created the multiplayer from 007 Goldeneye in the Source engine.  They've re-made a lot of the original maps with both classic versions where they are essentially identical to the original, and also in  re-mastered version where the maps have particle effects, more realistic textures, etc.  They even added re-mastered a lot of the original music tracks.  It really feels like I imagine Goldeneye would have felt being played on PC.  It is relatively active too for what it is, and the developers even play pretty regularly.  I've never not played the game and found a server with several real world people playing.  I've played with two different devs in the few hours I've actually played the game.  There's no campaign mode or anything, but these guys have done an outstanding job with this multiplayer, and the game is still being actively developed too.  The game plays pretty well too.  Being fairly new to PC gaming, I'm not very good at PC shooters AT ALL, but the game feels pretty natural and is very enjoyable even though I'm terrible at PC shooters.  There's lots of game modes including Deathmatch, TDM, CTF, License to Kill (one shot kills), some mode where you gain points by holding onto a flag, etc.

Here's some screenshots.  Most of the time when I play I play on my laptop's built in screen which is 900p, but sometimes I play on my 40 inch monitor so one or two of these might be in 1080p.

20160911215513_1.jpg

20160911220423_1.jpg

20160912200049_1.jpg

20161010002512_1.jpg

20161010004058_1.jpg

20161010005312_1.jpg

Started a fresh play-through of "Life is Strange".  I finished the game once on Playstation 4 and picked it up on a Steam sale for not very much money at some point and am playing it through again.  It's a wonderful game for those of you who like choice/story driven games (sort of like Heavy Rain).  There's some plot twists that really and truly caught me by complete surprise and some things that happened on my first play-through that I would like to avoid on my 2nd time now that I know what's going on, :-)  For those who don't know, all of the artwork in the game is hand drawn/painted, so if the trees and close-up shots of faces look a little odd, that's why.

More Screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gerowen/screenshots/?appid=319630

20161015000917_1.jpg

• Like 1

Rather randomly i picked up mortal kombat X premium via cdkeys for 5.99 came with a load of dlc with the steamkey and its surprisingly good. And very pretty runs maxed out 60fps 1080p on my pc sig n 970gtx

Had my 5.99s worth since 8 this morning lol. 

If this is a direct console port then this is how it should be very impressed overall. 

Gmod, and TF2. Mostly. I don't have anything new, so I stick to what I own. Never seen or played battlefield. Or overwatch. OR ANYTHING. Don't have the money. So I'm forced to watch people on youtube play the games I WISH I had. (I want GTA5 so bad I could taste it!)

Piddling around with older games so I am not in the middle of something with I will probably start marathoning Civ6 next week.

Just did Fallout 4 again, Bioshock Infinite (talk about opposites in the genre)... thinking DA:I now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished COD: infinite warfare, and am rather disappointed. The game play was decent, had an interesting story, but unlike the other COD games, this one was very short, I think I played less than 24 hours total, now I did not do some of the side missions (dog fighting), but still it seemed like it was a very short game, not to sure it was worth the $ and headache I put into it!

Carmageddon: Max Damage is an updated version of Carmageddon: Reincarnation, which was released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on July 8th, 2016. The game will be available both as digital download and in retail, with the retail version distributed by Sold Out Sales & Marketing. It was later released for Microsoft Windows on October 28th, 2016.

Replaying Carmageddon: Reincarnation (now called Carmageddon: Max Damage) on PC.

Mainly just to get another 30 achievements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

Trying to Play COD4 Remastered but it keeps crashing./

I had to set the resolution in advance video to 150% of my native 1920 X 1080 and now it works.

ive hit a post GTA lull and nothings grabbing me,

A ftp space cruiser type games keeping me entertained but hard to find players.

Fractured Space.

Pretty decent tbh. :) 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310380/

And another guilty pleasure lately, Steel Ocean :p

http://store.steampowered.com/app/390670/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Edited by Mando

ended up buying the recruit DLC for fractured space to beef up its firepower, im hooked :) 5 pvp is great fun. running DSR with my 970 at 4k downscaled to 1080 display and its jawdropping, latest unreal engine.

Age of Empires 3, for the past couple of weeks. Before that, I was playing Rise of Nations for two months, and now I'm back to my favorite.

Just good ol' plain-jane TF2. One of these days, it will hopefully be GTA: V, but not anytime soon :(

Since I finished Dead Space I've started a new character on Skyrim for PC.  I played through it once on PS3 years ago and picked it up a month or so ago and decided to try and play it again and it was just horrible.  I don't think it stuttered that bad the first time I played through it but galloping across the open world area on a horse was just horrible; single digit framerates because of the hard drive access.  My PC plays it at 900p, 30+ fps with all the settings on high so there's more ground clutter, higher resolution textures, more particle effects, much faster load times and very little to no stuttering when galloping full tilt across the open world area.  I'm still somewhat new to PC gaming but the difference is just unreal even on my low end AMD APU.  I tried the special edition but actually got worse performance with that on low than I do with the original game on high, and a lot of the improvements like precipitation occlusion is disabled on low, so I got zero benefit in exchange for the performance hit, so I just got a refund for it and will play the original.

20161112032928_1.jpg

20161112033513_1.jpg

20161112210906_1.jpg

20161112210923_1.jpg