What are you playing?

On 11/28/2016 at 2:50 PM, Osiris said:

Just finished Tyranny.

If you like Pillars of Eternity/Divinity Original Sin you will probably like this.

Good lore, good twists, interesting spell system, some good characters.

I rarely replay a game, can see myself replaying this one.

Thank You for Tyranny info. First time I heard of it and I love old school top down RPGs :) Bit expensive on the GOG right now, will wait for the first discount.

3 hours ago, Zagadka said:

I feel bad. Spoiled. I have plenty of great games, but I am supremely bored. I think something sounds fun, DL/install it, after 5 minutes get too bothered to continue. Nah to FPS, don't have the attention span for sims and strategy, RPGs seem dull, tired of side scrollers...

you got gamers slump mate, look away from the triple A titles and spend some indie gaming time, it will recharge your gamer mojo. 

Ive got back into playing The Division after a slump of 3 or 4 months, got by with indie titles like Fractured space & Steel Ocean both FTP and refuelled my gamers mojo.

"Sort of" off topic, but it does pertain to games I've been playing lately so I figured I'd put it here.

I finally joined the first world.  My ISP has been upgrading their hardware and lowering their prices in the last few years.  I do upload to YouTube occasionally and since upgrading my camera to one that can shoot in 1080p60, I found out that uploading 4-5 GB worth of video to YouTube took all night long at 2 Mbps (literally ALL NIGHT LONG), so I went ahead and made the jump from their $50 a month plan to their $80 a month plan.  I tried doing gameplay streaming before but it just wasn't possible, it just didn't work.  My computer has the horsepower because I could record with AMD Radeon Relive with almost no performance hit, especially when recording to a different drive than the one with the game on it, but my internet just couldn't handle it.

Have ran a few tests today, and the difference is just unreal.  I can stream movies from my home server while I'm out and about at more than a crawl, I can upload in a reasonable time and I can even stream, :p 

speedtest.png

Streamed this at 720p30 just to test the reliability (there was one lag spike, but I think that was the server), but with Radeon Relive the "Ultra" setting only streams at 1080p60, 6 Mbps, leaving 19 Mbps of our upstream bandwidth unused even if I streamed at 1080p60 (not sure what kind of performance hit I would take though).  Here's one of the 720p30 test streams I did earlier today.  Feel free to laugh at how terrible I am (although I do get one helicopter and a couple of santa strikes), I'm still not the best at playing shooters with a keyboard/mouse instead of a controller, and the desk I play on is really slick so there's almost zero resistance on my mouse, so it's kinda weird to me still.

Edited by Gerowen
  • Like 1

I just created a thread to try and get a bunch of us linked up to play ARMA2-3 with expansions, Operation flashpoint ( I'm awaiting an order for my OP Flashpoint :cold war crisis gold edition) to play regularly as people who go bowling.

@Mando is titanfall2 good? 

I was slogging about Fallout 4 for months but got bored an took a chance on Lara Croft GO! and Hitman GO!, I enjoyed Lara Croft GO! better but both were pretty good for what they are. Now, I've got enough time to re-install Dark Souls 3 and grab the Ashes of Ariandel DLC, I deleted my save games so I've got to start over and I figure, hey snowy stuff, so they must need a Pyromancer to keep them warm! See you on the other side.

10 hours ago, LittleFroggy said:

I just created a thread to try and get a bunch of us linked up to play ARMA2-3 with expansions, Operation flashpoint ( I'm awaiting an order for my OP Flashpoint :cold war crisis gold edition) to play regularly as people who go bowling.

@Mando is titanfall2 good? 

Yup, very very good. 

Lost all of yesterday to it, really enjoyed my first taste of MP in it also, very polished title.

Played Goldeneye: Source with Pewdiepie last night (or at the very least, somebody with the exact same Steam username), but he left after 3 or 4 matches because some guy was screaming at him over the voice chat and talking trash and demanding shoutouts on YouTube and such, :-(

20161231001147_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've become a filthy casual lately due to some herniated discs in my neck. I haven't sat at my desk in over a month so I've got Steam In-Home Streaming setup. I'll play Skyrim Special Edition and Stardew Valley on my Surface Pro 4 with a Logitech controller. 

I am really anticipating Mass Effect Andromeda. I am heavily considering getting an Xbox One so that I can stream more than just Steam games to my Surface.

On 12/31/2016 at 5:21 PM, Gerowen said:

Played Goldeneye: Source with Pewdiepie last night (or at the very least, somebody with the exact same Steam username), but he left after 3 or 4 matches because some guy was screaming at him over the voice chat and talking trash and demanding shoutouts on YouTube and such, :-(

20161231001147_1.jpg

Apparently PewDiePie goes by Poods on steam with SteamID being PewDie.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing the original Street Fighter II (arcade edition, emulated through CPS1PSP) and also the PSP version of Gran Turismo (I'd play the PS3 games GT5 and GT6, but my PS3 disc reader is broken).

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I'm impressed with how good the original Mass Effect looks on PC even by today's standards.  I have noticed a spot here and there where it seems to revert to lower quality facial textures while I'm still close enough to tell, but overall the visuals have aged really well in my opinion.  Played through 2 and 3 on PS3, but the original was never released on PS3 until years later when they released a boxed special edition, so I have never actually played the first game.  I figure since I have it on PC, now is as good a time as any to actually play it and experience the backstory first-hand, :-)

ScreenShot00003.jpg

On 12/31/2016 at 4:21 PM, Gerowen said:

20161231001147_1.jpg

There are 165,276 people on steam with a display name of "pewdiepie" so doubt it was him.

• Like 2

ive gone retro this weekend, went back to Lord Of the Rings Online for a lookie see.....oh my it has changed so much on my 3 years absence.

I picked up Dues Ex cheap in the steam sale this weekend, just had a quick look and so far very pretty.

3 minutes ago, Mando said:

ive gone retro this weekend, went back to Lord Of the Rings Online for a lookie see.....oh my it has changed so much on my 3 years absence.

I picked up Dues Ex cheap in the steam sale this weekend, just had a quick look and so far very pretty.

Do you play starcraft much?

• Like 1

In honor of the funding of Deadfire, I'm playing through Pillars of Eternity again.

Going to play something more action oriented next. Dunno what.