What are you playing?

still playing wildlands....cant put it down, yesterday saw the first patch post Day 1 release patch.......4.6Gb of a patch :p 

I just finished Homefront The Revolution, now I'm working on the DLC's with it. I have to say the story line of the game is really good, and the graphics are decent as well.

Origin Access members can play like a 9 hour trial of "Mass Effect Andromeda", so that's what I started on last night.  Posted some footage of it on YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still in to the Pokemon games on the 3DS, my goal is to obtain one of every Pokemon possible, with myself as the original trainer.

I now have every Pokemon from 001 to 649, then many but not all of the remaining going up to 802.

I've enjoyed playing multiple games in the series, with one long term goal of catching them all. It now actually seems possible ill achieve this goal within the next couple of months.

By far the most effort I have put in to any game for years, however a nice change compared to the usual games i'd play on the Xbox.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

I'm still in to the Pokemon games on the 3DS, my goal is to obtain one of every Pokemon possible, with myself as the original trainer.

I now have every Pokemon from 001 to 649, then many but not all of the remaining going up to 802.

I've enjoyed playing multiple games in the series, with one long term goal of catching them all. It now actually seems possible ill achieve this goal within the next couple of months.

By far the most effort I have put in to any game for years, however a nice change compared to the usual games i'd play on the Xbox.

Did you follow a guide? I'd be interested in reading it if so.

21 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

Haha nice ! I got up to 721 recently but even though i got the last game I haven't tried getting all of the new ones yet...

That said, amongst the 721 I'm pretty sure some of those I got through trading on the internet were cheated into the game (like a shiny diancie named "41" that I got through wonder trade)

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Did you follow a guide? I'd be interested in reading it if so.

I didn't, however ill share my experience of how i went about it.

At the start I did research how other people had gone about creating a Living Pokedex. I soon came to the conclusion theirs no real correct or incorrect way to go about it, so decided on my own plan of action that would best suit me.

I was thinking about creating a Living Pokedex long before I actually started the project. I had finished Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby on the 3DS and was still really in to Pokemon, it was at this point i wanted to go for a living Pokedex. However i knew I wanted to have caught all the Pokemon and not just got them from random online trades. With that in mind i knew i'd have to finish the past Pokemon games, which is something I wanted to do anyway. 

I went back and finished the past Pokemon games I had missed on the DS. I spent most of last year playing though Pokemon White, Black 2 and finishing the second half of Heart Gold. I was just casually playing in my free time, not really in any rush.

After i'd finished these games i'd now finished at least one game in every set of Pokemon games from the original GameBoy, right the way up to the 3DS games. In addition this means I'd unlocked the post game features on older games which allow migrating Pokemon to newer games, so I could now migrate Pokemon from as far back as Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

I then migrated my squads from the various GBA games i'd finished to Pokemon Heart Gold. I chose Pokemon Heart Gold as Diamond, Pearl and Platinum limit you to migrating 6 Pokemon a day, where as Heart Gold / Soul Silver have no limit. This is a tedious process as you have to play a mini game to re-capture migrated Pokemon, so from the GBA games i only migrated legendary Pokemon, event Pokemon and my squad, not general Pokemon i'd captured.

With everything now in Diamond or Heart Gold, I could then migrate Pokemon from these games to Pokemon Black 2, this also involves playing another mini game to re capture the Pokemon you are migrating, so again I only migrated legendary Pokemon, event Pokemon and my squad, not general Pokemon i'd captured.

With all my Pokemon now in White or Black 2 importing these to the 3DS games is easy with the Poke Transporter, you can do migrate a box at a time, with no mini games to play or no limits on the number of Pokemon you can transport.

Knowing this when playing White and Black 2 I caught everything i could through the course of normal play, importing everything to Pokebank, I then imported everything from Pokemon Y to Pokebank, finally moving everything to Omega Ruby, where i'd numbered the boxes in the PC from 1 to 30, 31 to 60 and so on. Placing each Pokemon in it's place by number.

This took quite a while as I had so many Pokemon by now, with many duplicates. However even these duplicates were useful for evolving, so i placed any duplicates in the box where they would be once evolved.

The end result was i knew exactly what Pokemon i had, and they were in their correct place in the box.

I then started at Pokemon 001 and worked my way though the Pokedex in numeric order, catching, evolving, trading and breeding to obtain Pokemon I was missing. I did have some strategy here though. I'd look the Pokemon up on Bulbapedia and work out the best game to obtain that Pokemon in.

For example Crowbat can actually be found in the wild in Black and White 1 & 2, where as in any other game you need need to make Golbat really like you, then level it up with high friendship for it to evolve. So spending 5-10 minutes capturing one in Black 2 vs hours of making a Golbat happy so it evolves is a great time saver.

Pokemon X and Y have the Friend Safari, where you can capture 3 Pokemon very easily, the more 3DS friends you have the more unique Safaris you can use in game. Adding people from the Friend Safari Subreddit has been a great help in obtaining a lot more somewhat harder to obtain Pokemon I required.

Finally a few friends i know in real life also have a 3DS and have finished the opposite Pokemon games to me, so trading with them, then breeding the Pokemon has been a great help in obtaining some Pokemon i would have otherwise struggled with.

From GEN 6 / 7 theirs 3 Pokemon so far i'm going to struggle with I think:

• Xerneas - I would have to play Pokemon X to get this with myself as the OT.
  • Cosmoem - I'd need another Cosmog to evolve, which means playing though Pokemon Sun.
  • Solgaleo - I'd have to get this when playing though Pokemon Sun to get another Cosmog.

I do plan on doing a proper write up / post with some more tips once i eventually finish this project, however i hope that's a good insight in to how i've been going about it.

If it's something your thinking of going for do message me if you need to trade or anything, i only know a few people IRL and online who are in to Pokemon, so always a bonus to be in contact with someone else!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brys said:

Haha nice ! I got up to 721 recently but even though i got the last game I haven't tried getting all of the new ones yet...

That said, amongst the 721 I'm pretty sure some of those I got through trading on the internet were cheated into the game (like a shiny diancie named "41" that I got through wonder trade)

Nice work on the 721, I hope to soon be able to say that!

That's one of the reasons why i wanted to obtain all the Pokemon with myself as the OT where possible, I can be sure the Pokemon is legit then. I didn't do bad for event Pokemon as I have a lot of event Pokemon from years gone by. Plus the 20 years of Pokemon events last year were a great help too.

Sadly the GTS / Pokebank checks for hacks are not that great as you have seen!

24 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

Snip

Thanks for the detailed post! I have been very tempted to try this myself but it always seems so daunting. I also skipped Gen 3 and never owned a GBA. Am I correct in thinking I'd need to use two GBAs (or at the very least 2x DSLs), to transfer everything?

I'm also SOL when it comes to knowing people IRL who play / can trade with (N)

55 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Thanks for the detailed post! I have been very tempted to try this myself but it always seems so daunting. I also skipped Gen 3 and never owned a GBA. Am I correct in thinking I'd need to use two GBAs (or at the very least 2x DSLs), to transfer everything?

I'm also SOL when it comes to knowing people IRL who play / can trade with (N)

I had been tempted on and off for many years. I think what got me hooked it as far goals in games go, its a worthwhile one as your progress can span multiple games and will still be relevant in years to come, when more games in the series will likely be released.

I just try get a few new Pokemon on an evening after work, it's something that can be done when relaxing and watching new episode of a TV series on an evening, the progress soon starts to add up.

You don't actually need a GBA to transfer anything, all you need is a DS Phat or Lite (the ones with the GBA cartridge slot). The GBA to DS migration is all done on one console.

To transfer from GEN 4 to 5 you need two consoles capable of playing DS games, so any combination DS or 3DS console will do for this, I used my DS Lite and 3DS XL. The GEN 5 Pokemon games distribute a DS Download Play app to the other DS with your GEN 4 Pokemon game in, this allow you to transfer the Pokemon to GEN 5.

Once you have the Pokemon in GEN 5 you can migrate these to the 3DS games using a single 3DS console. For this you have to subscribe to Pokebank which is around £5 a year, this gets you access to the Poke Transporter, which transfers Pokemon from the Black and White 1 & 2 DS games, allowing them to be used on the 3DS Pokemon games. In addition if you own multiple 3DS Pokemon games you can simply use Pokebank to mass move Pokemon between then, so you don't even need a second 3DS console to trade with yourself.

I dont think your at much of a disadvantage by not having played GEN 3, the GEN 3 remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire hand out past legendary Pokemon like candy: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml

Where it might help is where you can only get 1 of 2 legendary Pokemon, for example when playing through just Omega Ruby you would be missing Kyogre. However if you had played Heart Gold on the DS then you can get Kyogre from that: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/legends.shtml

You can also get the GEN 1 and 2 legendary Pokemon in Heart Gold / Soul Silver, along with some in later games too. So chances are you could end up with duplicates of some if you need to trade for a legendary Pokemon you are missing,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Opened up Pandora this morning and noticed my "Final Fantasy VIII" playlist.  FFVIII was the first FF game I ever played and still love it.  The music made me smile and remember my childhood.  I've got it on Steam as well as PS1, but since I've got a PC and the Steam version supports higher resolutions, the "Chocobo World" mini game built-in and Achievements, figured I'd give it a try.

Whoever ported it though absolutely butchered the music.  They replaced the orchestral music with MIDI, it's trash.  What in the world possessed them to make such a change?  It's not like PCs of that time didn't have sound cards...

2 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

Mass Effect: Andromeda. I've played just over 40 hours and I've been enjoying it so far!

Took the words right outta my mouth. Forget the hate, it's a really enjoyable game!

Just now, John. said:

Took the words right outta my mouth. Forget the hate, it's a really enjoyable game!

Yeah. The original issues with facial animations have either been patched out by the 1.05 update or you simply get over it. I've had some other animation issues, such as my character took a drink, but the cup/mug wasn't animated...just the open hand wrapped around thin air. Other than that, I've had little in the way of other bugs.

Just now, Daedroth said:

Yeah. The original issues with facial animations have either been patched out by the 1.05 update or you simply get over it. I've had some other animation issues, such as my character took a drink, but the cup/mug wasn't animated...just the open hand wrapped around thin air. Other than that, I've had little in the way of other bugs.

I've had a few walking through doors, and one of my waypoints is in a wall, but both are recognised bugs so i'm sure they'll be fixed soon.

7 minutes ago, quicky said:

Is this a good game for newbies like me?

Personally, I think so, yes. Mass Effect: Andromeda is a third person action RPG/adventure game. It has basically no requirement to play the previous games so that allows new players to jump straight in without any back-story to worry about.