Guess what arrived at my doorstep?

Hey oddcrap, I don't know if you know this or not but you REALLY should have bought XP Pro for one simple fact:

XP HOME DOES NOT SUPPORT MORE THAN ONE PROCESSOR...so your shiny new Dual Core processor is going to only show up as one.

Also, why didn't you just get XP from your local computer store and pick up the x64 edition. Windows 64-bit is soooooooooooo fast. You know the OS loading screen you first see? Yeah, with x64, it's on screen for a mere 3 seconds. The bar doesn't even get all the way across before Windows is already loaded.

No difference expect a gpedit. WOW big different.

586417008[/snapback]

not really, it has encrypted file system capability, IIS, Ability to join a domain, and a bunch of other corporate type features

cant believe u didnt know that part is a sata power adapter.

586416990[/snapback]

Hey! It's my first time buidling a PC. Give me a break :angry: That's what NeoWin is for :)

Hey! It's my first time buidling a PC. Give me a break  :angry:  That's what NeoWin is for :)

586417052[/snapback]

Its easy to guess what its for, u hooked one half into a drive.

Cool! Nice PSU, I've got the same... rock steady!

BTW: What case did you get? Is it a Wavemaster or Centurion?

586417038[/snapback]

Wavemaster.. expecting the blue window soon :/

Hey oddcrap, I don't know if you know this or not but you REALLY should have bought XP Pro for one simple fact:

XP HOME DOES NOT SUPPORT MORE THAN ONE PROCESSOR...so your shiny new Dual Core processor is going to only show up as one.

Also, why didn't you just get XP from your local computer store and pick up the x64 edition.? Windows 64-bit is soooooooooooo fast.? You know the OS loading screen you first see?? Yeah, with x64, it's on screen for a mere 3 seconds.? The bar doesn't even get all the way across before Windows is already loaded.

586417049[/snapback]

The main reasons why I didn't get Pro OR XP 64 bit.. was because some games and drivers cannot be installed onto the 64 bityet. The reason I didn't get pro.. I have no idea I think someone recommended h:oe :o

Also, why didn't you just get XP from your local computer store and pick up the x64 edition.  Windows 64-bit is soooooooooooo fast.  You know the OS loading screen you first see?  Yeah, with x64, it's on screen for a mere 3 seconds.  The bar doesn't even get all the way across before Windows is already loaded.

586417049[/snapback]

actually no, MS altered Home SP2 to support dual core chips and SP1 included HT support for a virtual processor... so Home actually is enough to work with dual core

can't wait to see your tft... i guess you have ordered a 4ms one, or the super expensive mvas with overdrive  :rolleyes:

586417083[/snapback]

I bought a 2005fpw a while ago :)