Guess what arrived at my doorstep?

I am quite mad right now.  Fedex shipped all of my parts except my case, which they said will ship tomorrow.  I mean, come on, that's like selling someone a car today and telling them to pick up the engine tomorrow.  I can't believe they're torturing me like this :cry:

586420233[/snapback]

Sorry but that is so funny.

I would be mad also.

I like your hardware! I would had changed a lot of things though, I would had gone with 2 gigabytes of ram, bought the cheapest possible 7800gtx, go for some hardcore cooling such as phase change (New build in a few years will contain probably 2-3 single stage cascades or maybe 1 dual stage..), and I definitley would had made the sure about the ram for the dfi board. I own the same mobo as you, and I feel bad it's your first build, because this motherboard is unique and different then any other amd board on the market along with being the most complicated to set up with stability run, and you also have to manually set most of the settings in the bios, if your not overclocking this board really will be junk for you if you ask me, but if I had your pc, I wouldn't overclock it, i'de tweek it till it breaks =). I might be doing a project with my friend later with some money we have going for either 1. A extreme pc (Nforce 4 professsionaal sli, as much ram as possibel, 2 top of the line opterons, 7800gtx's, etc), or 2. A mad overclocking beast! We're talking about 3 phase changes, a good project to set up and get into cases and so forth =).

Gonna be a pain for you to set this board up though.. You can ask oevr at abx in the dfi lanparty thread if you want..

Please overclock it or i'll hate you.. =)

What made you get such an old school case if your spending that much? I have one, damn 80mm fans  :angry:

Im have half my bits for my new PC currently, bought my Akasa Eclipse 62 case.  Not as "cool" looking as my Coolermaster Wavemaster but so much more sophisticated and swarve :D

586421413[/snapback]

I love the coolermaster wavemaster!! Grrr it may be old but it is still really good. Im glad i got it.

Sorry but that is so funny.

I would be mad also.

586422497[/snapback]

I'm so anxious for my first build that my palms are sweaty as I type and count down the hours for the case to arrive :(

So if he put let's say.....another 7800GTX for SLI..it would be too much for the Antec Neopower?

The Neopower will be able to handle two 7800GTX's, since they consume a little less than 200W's together. Just make sure you don't have more than 2-3 HDD's and you don't use useless components like LED fans.

As soon as these darn fans come in.. I got the CPU on and the power supply in! (arnt I fast unsure.gif

Lets see how fast I am when I get everything ready to go :laugh:

P.S. How long will it approximately take to build a pc (for a first time builder)?

I'm so anxious for my first build that my palms are sweaty as I type and count down the hours for the case to arrive :(

The Neopower will be able to handle two 7800GTX's, since they consume a little less than 200W's together.  Just make sure you don't have more than 2-3 HDD's and you don't use useless components like LED fans.

Lets see how fast I am when I get everything ready to go :laugh:

P.S. How long will it approximately take to build a pc (for a first time builder)?

586422933[/snapback]

Although 2 7800GTX's will probably work, the owners manuel does recommend a 500 watt power supply. I also have 1 SATA drive and one IDE.. so :rolleyes:

i feel so outdated... congrats and look for my new build around xmas time :devil:

586422975[/snapback]

Hey, I felt outdayed for a whole year.. that is until now :laugh:

Also.. I'm still building :o

UPDATE: Got the CPU, Heatsink, DVD Drive and motherboard bolted down :) Just waiting for my sexy fans to arrive.

EDIT: I might not have school tomorrow due to the TD that's supposed to hit South Florida. YES! More time to build!

Nice pc

I had a funny issue with my pc a few days ago...I bought a new desk and turned on the pc, and then I pushed the pc towards the end of the desk. Suddenly the pc kept turning off. This happened 5 times!

I finally figured out that the power supply fan hole was getting blocked every time I pushed the pc towards the desk :rofl:

I was really close to possibly destroying my new system :laugh:

Can't wait for the photos of the whole system..... :D :camera:

586426257[/snapback]

My fans still havent came in :(

Also: I was wondering I've found a blue and black wired cable (3-pin) from my antec PSU.. where does this plug into?

Also: I was wondering I've found a blue and black wired cable (3-pin) from my antec PSU.. where does this plug into?

586427033[/snapback]

That is for PSU fan RPM monitoring. There should be a suitable fan header for it on your MOBO.

Of-course it's only needed if you want to monitor the RPM of the PSU fan :)

First off let me say congrats on all the great stuff u bought. Of course anyonw who reads neowin knows their stuff. let me just say that i thinks you would be better off if u took your time with this build be patient and don't rush through or you will just make a mistake and possibly break something. once again congrats on such great parts and remember to post pics like crazy when u finished.

p.s. this reminds me on when i built my first puter back in the day. i still remember it like it was yesterday. it was a kit that i bought from tigerdirect.com. the kit featured a mobo made by creative that i had never seen before. it was a mobo with the creative labs sound blaster live built in where the first pci slot would be. i added a sweet celereon 600 and 256mb of pc133. there was a 40GB hd and dvd drive along with some cool software and a remote control. man that thing was the bomb with a fresh install of windows 98. ahh, the good 'ol days

Well oddcrap, I have everything set up already and I am installing XP x64 as we speak. Memtest produced no errors and everything is working flawlessly.

Good luck with yours :)

Was all that from Newegg? If so, how much time until they shipped everything? If I get lucky I may be doing the very same thing next month.

Can somebody explain why my reply was deleted from the thread? It wasn't rude or abusive, I merely voiced a point of view. Whatever happened to free speech?