Guess what arrived at my doorstep?

And within a year it will be out of date :p.

Quite cruel the latest PC lifecycle :pinch:.

586428538[/snapback]

I don't think so, that will still be running top games in a years time at good settings.

Nice rig, I too adore the wavemaster casing, and can only dream of owning a system like that. Take good care of it :)

oh I forgot, it took me days because I had to take 1 day to sleeve my PSU :( it took a while, esp for a noob like me

but yeah take some more pics :D

Looks like you took your time with your purchases, good job, nice rig, have fun!!

586429074[/snapback]

Thanks, was just making sure everything was compatible and whatnot.

Holy Moly !!!!!!!

Man i guess you do like living with your parents

586429106[/snapback]

Yeah, at the same time I take advantage of it :)

Wow, thats some nice stuff there :)

586429170[/snapback]

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Was all that from Newegg? If so, how much time until they shipped everything? If I get lucky I may be doing the very same thing next month.

586428325[/snapback]

Yeah, Newegg.

first of all, i can't believe it's not up and running yet... secondly, congrats. i am glad that there are some teens out there that's willing to work for what they want.

Wow, that is just beautiful. and I thought the box I just put together was nice. Congrats man. And dont forget an ESD band when putting that thing together- I know its unlikely but you dont want to fry any of that beautiful (and very expencive) hardware do you?

mmmmm dual core....

Is that humungo heat spreader blocking the first orange ram slot??? :huh: Cuz that may be a problem....I know personally...I have the DFI NF4 Utra-D ...not the SLI but i know the board just loves the begeezus out of that first orange ram slot....i have 2 512Mb sticks in mine....and they both sit in the orange slots...wont work in the yellow....hoping that helps ya....and yes...if your a beginner to bios settings...this system is gonna be a pain in the arse for a couple of months prolly...that's how long it took me to get everything JUST right. Once its roaring you'll be laughing though

Thanks, my job paid off :) That's the luxury of living with your parents :o

I'll save the extra $30 for vista :)

First time building a PC, I guess I'll start off by reading the instructions. :laugh:

586416937[/snapback]

Yes but what you didnt consider is that HOME doesnt have any benefits of dual processor, PRO only has that feature.

So now your X2 is crippled until Vista

Good PC, similar to what I got a month ago, except you have a better video card than I do. Since you're using a DFI board with good OCZ RAM, you had better overclock it. I'm interested in seeing how high you can go and at what vcore.

I'm 17.. work at a restauruant behind a bar helping the rather hot bartenders move things.. I get 5% of their tips and 7 an hour.. If you're 17 and you've got the whole summer to work everyday it's not that hard to make 2500 lol. :o

586417640[/snapback]

Intelligent man. Making money looking at hot bartenders while doing (almost) nothing! Well enjoy your computer and I hope to see some benches/stats and a final pic soon.

Yes but what you didnt  consider is that HOME doesnt have any benefits of dual processor, PRO only has that feature.

So now your X2 is crippled until Vista

586435221[/snapback]

Link

XP Home supports SMP on multi-core processors. Windows is licensed by the socket, not by the core.