Luna Element 4

Well that's horrible news but it of course is your choice. Actually, I've been a huge fan of your themes forever and was going to come download the latest version of this theme since I'm getting bored with plain old Luna on this machine but I guess not now. It was looking really good in the recent pictures I saw too.

I seriously don't know how to make my mind about what I think about Microsoft =/

One day they give me invite to WLM and I'm all "yey, I love MS!", and the other day they start threatening theme creators =/

Someone send me the latest version while it's still not eradicated by Microsoft ^^

I wasn't using it in these last few days, as I reinstalled my Windows, and I've been missing it so much :wub:

Well I'm sorry to hear you feel this way em3. I think in Kol's case that Microsoft were annoyed because he used graphics and fonts directly from vista. Your theme's are really quite different. I would encourage you to continue with what you are currently doing, at least until you are contacted by Microsoft too. Anyway good luck.

Matt

Exactly MrMB (Y)

So move on with your theme, and someone send me it while he doesn't ;)

(no modified, I just want the original exe of 4.2a, which was the latest released, wasn't it?)

Luna Element is not gone. To quote the first post; "But don't worry. I'll be back."

@DoS: PM someone and they'll probably send it. There are a lot of other great themes out there you can use in the meantime though. Also, did you ever hear of a thing called backup. :D

LOL, I didn't save it on purpose, because I would download it again.

I installed an english version of WindowsXP now, so I didn't want my old PR-BR modified version, I wanted the original.

I really thought that asking for it in a PM would make my Inbox rain with copies of it, but it just didn't happen =/

I don't believe you'll have a problem, as microsoft more then likely are going after those who have clearly taken elements of vista/longhorn.

So there quite a few people who could have trouble with that :| i think luna element is fine. In the end, microsoft simply is trying to protect it's pretty much only big change to windows lol

Why would they not be going after windows blinds though? i smell foul.

EDIT: i found luna element 4 through google. look for flexbeta

Edited by crashguy

I don't get it...you're taking your VS down because Kol was contacted by M$ over a VS that closely resembles an upcoming Windows release? I don't see the connection you're making em3. Luna Element has nothing to do with Vista, none!

The ONLY reason they made Kol take his VS down is because it so closely resembled their yet unreleased OS that they think people won't buy their new crap because they already have Windows that looks too much like Vista. That's it.

Unless you're doing this because you think it's "cool" or it will somehow boost interest in your already popular themes...that would be pretty retarded of you.

Edited by Smitjel

Fore the time being I've removed all Luna Element content from DA, because of Microsofts action against KoL. Microsoft have not contacted me, but you never know what will happen. I understand why Microsoft did what they did and I don't want to disrespect KoL (he is truly a great skinner and I've admired his work even before I became a member of Neowin) though the work on VistaXP was not his. So until I've made Luna Element more uniqe it has been removed. Hope you all understand. But don't worry. I'll be back.

If you wish to support my work. Visit this link: http://www.friedwalrus.com/em3/

Cool wallpapers: http://www.socksoff.co.uk

Hey, Microsoft, go **** yourselves! You've got no legal right to take down these themes. Why are you bullying people who can't afford an army of lawyers to defend themselves? I hope someone knows a lawyer willing to take this on, because M$ is lying about the illegality of making themes that look similar to Vista, or any other product. Except for the logos, interface elements cannot be copyrighted! They're not even trademarked.

I can understand not wanting to deal with the legal hassle, but that's all M$ has to go on, rather than any legitimate legal claim. If they were actually challenged in court, they would LOSE!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fore the time being I've removed all Luna Element content from DA, because of Microsofts action against KoL. Microsoft have not contacted me, but you never know what will happen. I understand why Microsoft did what they did and I don't want to disrespect KoL (he is truly a great skinner and I've admired his work even before I became a member of Neowin) though the work on VistaXP was not his. So until I've made Luna Element more uniqe it has been removed. Hope you all understand. But don't worry. I'll be back.

If you wish to support my work. Visit this link: http://www.friedwalrus.com/em3/

Cool wallpapers: http://www.socksoff.co.uk

:| :wacko: Bwaaaa!?!?!??!