iPod Nano - scratches

WOW! I was about to just buy one. But when I saw the scratches I did'nt. I hope Apple fixes this issue.

586539656[/snapback]

By doing what exactly? Changing the entire design of it? Don't think so.

I've had various generations of iPods, all the same plastic and chrome back and I take care of it, they've all been in fantastic condition. Seeing images of nanos after 2-3 days with scratches all over it is disgusting, pure neglect on the owners part.

I've had various generations of iPods, all the same plastic and chrome back and I take care of it, they've all been in fantastic condition. Seeing images of nanos after 2-3 days with scratches all over it is disgusting, pure neglect on the owners part.

586540126[/snapback]

Damn that's true. I'm going to buy a Nano and because it gets scratch is not going to stop me. Just take care of them

I'm going to buy one those Apple Tubes. What you use to proctect your nano Dazzla??

586540126[/snapback]

exactly...here's mine for example. absolutely nothing wrong with it and i've had it over a year...

people who bitch obviously just don't know how to take care of their stuff.

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg[

thats why I didn't get a black one (well part of the reason)

Finger prints and scratches would show on a black gloss surface easily.

I'm hoping to get a case soon that looks nice and simple.

You know that black standard case for a 3g iPod ( i dont know if it's the same as a 4g iPods)

I wish i could find somethhing like that but in white.

That would look nice.

Seems like the best thing would be to get a tub, but it'd be such a shame to hide the nano.

This is how most black products are. My parents will never buy a black car, because they are impossible to keep clean. They show dirt and scratches extremely easily.

As for protection, on my 4th generation iPod, I use a skin from http://www.iskin.com. I just tried visiting their site to see if they had any products out for the Nano yet, and it looks like their domain has expired and needs renewing. In any case, it's a great silicone rubber / neoprene type case, complete with a plastic screen protector, that only touches the screen at the corners. Thank goodness for the case too, as I accidently dropped my iPod onto the kitchen floor from about 4 feet once, and the case helped protect it.

StevoFC what do you use to protect your ipod...damn it looks great. Not a scratch!

586541164[/snapback]

He said he had it... he never said he used it :

I kid I kid... I've had my iPod G4 for about a year, it still has the plastic on the scroll wheel, and bought a nice iskin case for it.

Now the nano, I think I'm just gonna let the thing get abused... I can't have a mp3 player I'm afraid to touch because of a scratch.

It is for audio... not to be looked at.

i sometimes regret getting a black Zen Micro.. lol. o well best thing to do with an iPod is to get cases. however that market is waaaayyy to small for me to find a nice one for the Micro

He said he had it... he never said he used it :

I kid I kid... I've had my iPod G4 for about a year, it still has the plastic on the scroll wheel, and bought a nice iskin case for it.

Now the nano, I think I'm just gonna let the thing get abused... I can't have a mp3 player I'm afraid to touch because of a scratch.

It is for audio... not to be looked at.

586541473[/snapback]

see tim gets the point. :)

in the end, thats all that matters.

I'm still getting a Nano, but I do think for the asking price, higher quality materials could've been used. They don't have to re-design the Nano to fix this, all they need to do is use a harder, scratch resistant plastic. Not a big thing, since its existed for years. A big selling point for the ipod has been its style. Why would I want to cover a sexy black Nano up? No reason why you shouldn't be able to place a Nano in a clean jacket pocket and expect it to come out scratch free. Think of the re-sale angle too. No one will buy something that looks like it was tied to a bumper and dragged down the interstate.

who cares?  ipods are about listening to music on the go, not appearance right?  silly me....;)

586539620[/snapback]

if that was the case why buy an ipod nano with a color screen and have it scratched?

i'd pick a creative zen over an ipod nano for my next player...

but and ipod nano kind of reminds me of my black SF65... it easily gets scratched and i have to constantly wipe of fingers prints on the glossy surface... :laugh:

who cares?  ipods are about listening to music on the go, not appearance right?  silly me....;)

586539620[/snapback]

and each iPod looks exactly the same as every other iPod, why would you want anything that can make one look different?

Just to answer what people have been saying about lack of care with the new nano. While I cannot vouce for other people I will say I took aot of care with mine, nothing else was in my pocket except the headphone cable.

The cable and cotton lining of the coat seemed to do the damage. My 3G ipod still looks as new. I have a black psp, no scratches and that takes alot more punishment, tougher plastic.

The nano has a highly polished flat surface which seems to be made of a softer plastic, black will show up the sctratches more. My concern however is, white or black the same plastic is over the screen and that will render the nano useless in a few months.

Everybody says use cases?? The product should be able to withstand normal use without it, the cases are there to protect from damage from dropping, coming into contact with other objects etc..

i put mine in my jeans (that little pocket thing) as soon as i could, to see if it would fit... and BAM.. mini scratches all over, in the first minute. lol

even with the little scratches, it is still a thing of beauty

Yep I agree but consider after a month or two of the same use. Will you be able to seen the screen, will it still be usable?

1000 songs in your pocket*

*Not for use in your pocket