iPod Nano - scratches

I read that this was just Scotchcal - which is the stuff they use to protect the areas of some expensive cars from scratching and so on. It seems pretty tough.

I don't expect anyone knows where you can buy strips of this stuff in the UK that are big enough to fit a regular Ipod?

Don't forget, regular ipods are hardly immune to scratching either.

GJ

586575889[/snapback]

Might be easier/quicker to buy the iPod version of the skin from that site mate, its not too unreasonable a price, especially with free shipping from the U$

Might be easier/quicker to buy the iPod version of the skin from that site mate, its not too unreasonable a price, especially with free shipping from the U$

586576436[/snapback]

Does it ship to the UK for free? If so, how long would it be likely to take?

here are some of the flyers i made after my nano broke after using it for less than 6 hours :)

nanocrack22yy.jpg

nanocrack3ct.jpg

nanocrack47ga.jpg

^^ one of neowin's members idea :)

586578567[/snapback]

haha funny but god fix the typos :rofl:

So if I complain at the Apple Store in Regents Street will they give me a new one?

586578594[/snapback]

You could try, the worst they could say is no :p Good luck!

Dang your so lucky to live close to an apple store!

I started this topic to help people who had or were considering buying an Apple nano. So far from myself and a few other determined people we have had the story covered by many major news outlets and websites.

They have now admitted that a batch of ipod nanos did suffer form a screen cracking problem.See here

All Apple had to do was fix the problem.

Now it seems Apple have either locked or deleted any topic covering the scratches issue. Deleting new ones as they are posted. If only the R&D staff had worked as hard as the forum staff this problem would have been avoided

Got my box today, shipping it back tommorow. I must admit they make it very easy to send back item, cute boxes, your own tape : )

foamy stuff

I don't think I'll keep my new one, I'll probably sell it

for people with scratches, 1 word:

brasso

http://todd.dailey.info/archives/2005/09/2...-can-of-brasso/

i tried the process today, and it worked miracles on my scratched nano.

beyond that, i actually called apple today to inquire about a replacement before i found this cure (which they supposively are no longer giving, only refunds), and the lady told me the scratching issue was in a "top board meeting" this afternoon, and that they were discussing serious solutions (like using better ****ing plastic!) to apply.

im just relaying what the lady said, this may not be 100% accurate...

those of you who got apple to send you a box, i told dhl to pick it up, the box was not here when I got back but maybe someone stole it lol how do I know if they got it :(

for people with scratches, 1 word:

brasso

http://todd.dailey.info/archives/2005/09/2...-can-of-brasso/

i tried the process today, and it worked miracles on my scratched nano.

beyond that, i actually called apple today to inquire about a replacement before i found this cure (which they supposively are no longer giving, only refunds), and the lady told me the scratching issue was in a "top board meeting" this afternoon, and that they were discussing serious solutions (like using better ****ing plastic!) to apply.

im just relaying what the lady said, this may not be 100% accurate...

586601532[/snapback]

Do you need to use the iKlear thing, or is it purely Brasso and a cloth?

Do you need to use the iKlear thing, or is it purely Brasso and a cloth?

586612292[/snapback]

u dont need iklean, i just used an old bottle of cd-cleaning spray i had lying around the house. water would probally work just as well though, but id suggest just picking up the spray for a couple bucks...

also, for a cloth, i just used an old cut up t-shirt, because i couldnt find a microfiber cloth at the grocery store. it worked fine.

the key is to keep brassoing, buffing, cleanging... repeat.

i did it for about an hour, and it removed every single scratch. you'll be amazed at how well it works.