iPod Nano - scratches

u dont need iklean, i just used an old bottle of cd-cleaning spray i had lying around the house.  water would probally work just as well though, but id suggest just picking up the spray for a couple bucks...

also, for a cloth, i just used an old cut up t-shirt, because i couldnt find a microfiber cloth  at the grocery store.  it worked fine.

the key is to keep brassoing, buffing, cleanging... repeat.

i did it for about an hour, and it removed every single scratch.  you'll be amazed at how well it works.

586615873[/snapback]

Excellent, thanks for the help, will let you know if I have any luck. :)

I have had my Nano for a while now, no scratches and no cracked screen :rolleyes: I think people need to calm down a bit and if you want a nano just buy the damn thing.

I have had my Nano for a while now, no scratches and no cracked screen :rolleyes: I think people need to calm down a bit and if you want a nano just buy the damn thing.

586630920[/snapback]

Easy to roll your eyes when you don't have that problem. What if you did? :rolleyes:

Well I have had my Nano almost a week now and apart from tiny surface scratches that you get on any iPod then there are no other problems with it. I can say with ease that it is the coolest gadget I own.

This morning in the post an invisible shield cover for it came, if you are bothered about the scratches it can get then get one of these, they are only $20 and apparently are the dogs doodahs!

This morning in the post an invisible shield cover for it came, if you are bothered about the scratches it can get then get one of these, they are only $20 and apparently are the dogs doodahs!

586641047[/snapback]

Do they ship to the UK?

Well, Apple sent my original ipod back. They said the scratches were "within" specs. I opened the box from DHL and found my ipod to have even more scratches, worse than before. I called Apple before I took it out of the plastic and told them of this. They pretty much told me it's not their fault.

I presisted and sent the rep pics of my ipod before and after shipment. She talked to a super for 10 minutes and told me the only thing she could do was send me another battery for my iBook. I agreed to it. I needed one.

I tried the brasso thing and some of the scratches came off but the ones Apple made did not. I also bought a Zcover clear and I love it. It hides the scratches Apple made.

Milty

http://www.zcover.com/index.html

Well, Apple sent my original ipod back. They said the scratches were "within" specs. I opened the box from DHL and found my ipod to have even more scratches, worse than before. I called Apple before I took it out of the plastic and told them of this. They pretty much told me it's not their fault.

I presisted and sent the rep pics of my ipod before and after shipment. She talked to a super for 10 minutes and told me the only thing she could do was send me another battery for my iBook. I agreed to it. I needed one.

I tried the brasso thing and some of the scratches came off but the ones Apple made did not. I also bought a Zcover clear and I love it. It hides the scratches Apple made.

Milty

http://www.zcover.com/index.html

586647408[/snapback]

sorry to hear the brasso didnt work as well for you.

and i relaized that apple were pricks when i called apple the first time, and they said the only thing i could do about my scratched nano was pay to mail it out to them, theyd inspect it, and then possibly refund my money 2 weeks after they had received it.

this was completely different from the responses other people were getting, so i realize then that apples customer service policy for the nano was gonna be, so sad so sorry.

im pretty put off by how apple released something so prone to scratching, and after everyone complains, they basically have taken the "**** off!" approach.

dosent say to much about the company now does it.

Edited by ck2k01

They ship the invisible covers to the UK, I have one and it is ace, in fact just ordered another that has the click wheel cut out.

586653191[/snapback]

How long did it take to arrive?

• 2 weeks later...

I had my nano 48 hours now and went case hunting this morning. The case demonstrated at zcover.com is also available from easyipod.co.uk for my fellow brits (I am not affiliated with the site in any way)

I ordered the black one and it was dispatched the same day

I was kinda excited about the new iPod Video coming out, until I went to the Apple store during my break while at work (at the mall) and noticed it was made of the SAME material as the iPod Nano.

I asked the guy why they kept the design, and didn't scrap it. He said that there was nothing wrong with it. Then I asked him how he didn't know about how easily the nano is prone to scratches. He said, "we recommend everyone to get a case for it." This is where I gave him the iPod and just walked out. Hopefully that will show how consumers aren't gonna' just give in.

I really hope the next generation of the iPod Video will be of a different material. If they don't, then I guess I just won't be getting one.