Adblockers

I have the Firefox ad-block code in my userContent.css file, which is blocking Neowin ads. Does anyone know what line(s) I should remove so the ads could come back up?

So before you guys comment "I got a subscriber package so I can do the hell I want" just remember, it does support Neowin but it just gives you an email and some extra forum perks.. Thats why its so cheap ($12.41 per YEAR) and to those who block ads on the internet, I understand that these days its becoming a necassary thing with sites taking advantage of the way ad's are displayed, but if you enjoy this site and block the ads you are contributing to a future problem we'll have with expansion.

Thats all.

586726085[/snapback]

Would you accept 10.25 USD as that's all I've got in my paypal :p

jk by the way, I plan on donating as soon as I get some money.

No, I do not.

If possible, can you send me your version of userContent.css? I don't want to get rid of it completely because it does a good job on sites that abuse their power.

Installed adblock plus and noscript. See some ads but not everytime. Also, when it is stated that letting the ads show gets neowin money, but blocking doesn't, what about hiding the ads? Does this still count as viewing or not? (I know you are not viewing the ad, but you aren't blocking either)

HAHA I BLOCK ADS AND I GLOAT ABOUT IT TO PEOPLE WHO NEED THE INCOME GENERATED FROM THEM TO FUND THE SITE, IM COOL NOW RIGHT GUYZ?

Fear my mastery of sarcasm!

(first line was sarcasm, and was not true - reason I'm stating it is I'm not up for getting banned or whatever ;) ).

As I was reading this post my machine hung for something like 5 seconds and then another IE window opens with a couple of ads.  And I am on a 10mbps connection.

586745717[/snapback]

there are not any popup windows on neowin, maybe you should scan your computer for spyware. :whistle: :rolleyes:

Wow what a topic. All we ask (like we did many times before) is that you don't create 'HOW TO BLOCK THOSE ANNOYING NEOWIN ADS' posts

Thanks for helping

I don't mind the ads on Neowin at all, they're not even intrusive.

With that said, that animated vonage ad on the frontpage sure does slow down my page scrolling in Safari :/

I totally agree with Neobond's decision but I sort of laughed when i saw this.

I know Neobond doesn't have a choice over Google's ads but i smiled none the less.

586729680[/snapback]

not true. as a webmaster, you can tell adsense to not put ads from certain domains or on certain subjects. i have done it. :happy:

i use adblock aswell....

to block annoying animated avatars :laugh:

signatures are disabled by default. makes me and my dialup happy and i still get some eyecandy in form of themes.