• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Adblockers

Mouldy Punk    11

I only ever blocked the ads on this site once, that was when it kept coming up with those annoying "The document contains no data" messeges because there was something wrong with the ads. Now I don't have them blocked though because that problem has been fixed.

AppleDave    1

Wow I had no idea this was going on, we need more subcribers!

zimm2    0

I only blocked them. Just in case. Contain a piece of malware. Try load on my PC. Usually that temporany. :hug: The Spybot, Ad-aware, Foxie, Mcafee Antivirus, and hosts file in windows.

Kev1n    1

OK I disabled adblock for neowin, guess that adds a few dollars in revenue. :D

BrutalFluid    0

I'm not smart.

Lee    0
I'm not smart.

Eh?

yisman    0

I'm not smart.

Thanks for sharing.

family guy    0

How do Google's adsense things work? Do you have to click them or just view them to help support the site?

Bhav    18

How do Google's adsense things work? Do you have to click them or just view them to help support the site?

You have to click them.

Joel    26

You have to click them.

Not necessarily. I made money a few days in a row without a single click.

Wannes    38

I'm not smart.

Well unblock the ads en become a little smarter... ;)

@Joel: Prostitution does not count! :shiftyninja:

msg43    0

Well I was block neowin adds just because I was unsure to how to prevent adds being blocked from neowin. Well I saw this topic and decided to google a bit and atleast with adblock plus if you righ click the adblock icon you can choise to enables ads on certian sites (IE disable adblock for a domain such as neowin).

:cheers: I am now happy

Jordan M.    0

ads are fine as long as they are relavent not like ads you get on some sites saying get some free emotions for messenger

Jordan M.    0

ads are fine as long as they are relavent not like ads you get on some sites saying get some free emotions for messenger

Jonathan Downin    0

I block ads, but I am a subscriber. Shouldn't I be entitled to this?

+M2Ys4U    97

No, we shouldn't be entitled to do it.

Soon, when v5 is rolled out to the forums, it's been said that there will be an ad-less version of Neowin for subscribers :)

illicit    0

Yup, I am with you on that.

Hexter66    0

As far as I am concern blocking ads in forums and telling other how to block ads is not really polite to the site admin, too be honest I never block ads.

Ad are there for a reason, to keep a site free.

kiall    0

As far as I am concern blocking ads in forums and telling other how to block ads is not really polite to the site admin, too be honest I never block ads.

Ad are there for a reason, to keep a site free.

Its also upto the end user to what they want to view neowin can't force them onto use although they dont bother me and i really cant be arsed creating css templated to block them when i dont even see the top or the bottom of the board

bangbang023    31

Its also upto the end user to what they want to view neowin can't force them onto use although they dont bother me and i really cant be arsed creating css templated to block them when i dont even see the top or the bottom of the board

It is up to you what you want to view: The site or not. The ads are there for a reason. On a site where we have a lot of young people with no real income, it's usually the case where everyone wants everything free with no catches. The real world doesn't work this way, however, and the cost for running this site is atronimical. It easily breaks $1,000 a month to run this place.

kiall    0

also the ad's can be funny depending on the forum topics :D

Frank    3

No, we shouldn't be entitled to do it.

Soon, when v5 is rolled out to the forums, it's been said that there will be an ad-less version of Neowin for subscribers :)

I just wanted to make sure everyone realizes that this "add less" version of neowin will not be for current MAIL subscribers but a different tier subscription.

L3thal    2

Adblock works wonders for me. It blocks ads from annoying sites, allows me to see ads in Neowin, and did I mention it allows ads in Neowin to be shown? ;)

In all seriousness, the ads Neowin implents are the best I have seen. They never get in the way and its hard to even tell they are there. Plus, being a subscriber I am and allowing ads to be shown allows Neobond to pay off 2 hours of bandwidth ;)

Glorious    3

To be honest I've never really noticed ads on the site. Hmmm.

You guys do awesome work with this site, I'm thinking of becoming a subscriber soon :)

(Once I work out how to)

Slane    36

There's ad's on this site? Where?

I never knew there where ad's. I only have Google Toolbar and IE7 installed, both blocking ad's. Would one of those be blocking ad's on Neowin?