Adblockers

I only ever blocked the ads on this site once, that was when it kept coming up with those annoying "The document contains no data" messeges because there was something wrong with the ads. Now I don't have them blocked though because that problem has been fixed.

I only blocked them. Just in case. Contain a piece of malware. Try load on my PC. Usually that temporany. :hug: The Spybot, Ad-aware, Foxie, Mcafee Antivirus, and hosts file in windows.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not smart.

Well unblock the ads en become a little smarter... ;)

@Joel: Prostitution does not count! :shiftyninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was block neowin adds just because I was unsure to how to prevent adds being blocked from neowin. Well I saw this topic and decided to google a bit and atleast with adblock plus if you righ click the adblock icon you can choise to enables ads on certian sites (IE disable adblock for a domain such as neowin).

:cheers: I am now happy

• 4 weeks later...

No, we shouldn't be entitled to do it.

Soon, when v5 is rolled out to the forums, it's been said that there will be an ad-less version of Neowin for subscribers :)

As far as I am concern blocking ads in forums and telling other how to block ads is not really polite to the site admin, too be honest I never block ads.

Ad are there for a reason, to keep a site free.

As far as I am concern blocking ads in forums and telling other how to block ads is not really polite to the site admin, too be honest I never block ads.

Ad are there for a reason, to keep a site free.

Its also upto the end user to what they want to view neowin can't force them onto use although they dont bother me and i really cant be arsed creating css templated to block them when i dont even see the top or the bottom of the board

Its also upto the end user to what they want to view neowin can't force them onto use although they dont bother me and i really cant be arsed creating css templated to block them when i dont even see the top or the bottom of the board

It is up to you what you want to view: The site or not. The ads are there for a reason. On a site where we have a lot of young people with no real income, it's usually the case where everyone wants everything free with no catches. The real world doesn't work this way, however, and the cost for running this site is atronimical. It easily breaks $1,000 a month to run this place.

• 2 weeks later...

No, we shouldn't be entitled to do it.

Soon, when v5 is rolled out to the forums, it's been said that there will be an ad-less version of Neowin for subscribers :)

I just wanted to make sure everyone realizes that this "add less" version of neowin will not be for current MAIL subscribers but a different tier subscription.

Adblock works wonders for me. It blocks ads from annoying sites, allows me to see ads in Neowin, and did I mention it allows ads in Neowin to be shown? ;)

In all seriousness, the ads Neowin implents are the best I have seen. They never get in the way and its hard to even tell they are there. Plus, being a subscriber I am and allowing ads to be shown allows Neobond to pay off 2 hours of bandwidth ;)

To be honest I've never really noticed ads on the site. Hmmm.

You guys do awesome work with this site, I'm thinking of becoming a subscriber soon :)

(Once I work out how to)

There's ad's on this site? Where?

I never knew there where ad's. I only have Google Toolbar and IE7 installed, both blocking ad's. Would one of those be blocking ad's on Neowin?