Increase Your P2P Download Speeds

If anyone using Rogers cable has noticed a speed decrease, they have applied bandwidth throttling to many major BT ports and P2P ports. You can check the forums at http://www.dslreports.com for more information on this issue.

Very nice guide, it helped a lot, although I prefer Azerus as my BT client (although it hogs my resources!).

you could also scrap all three of those apps and start to use DC++... best p2p ive ever seen there is rarely a time when i cant find something in the many hubs in DC

how do i search DC++ database for files???

not bad... i have the sp2 tcp patch so should i open more connections or not?....

in utorrent? Yes, the sp2 patch mainly applies to p2p, so yes increase it to whatver you patched it to (50 recommended).

Pre-allocate files: UNCHECKED

Prevents fragmentation, user preference.

There is little use to pre-allocate except for making sure you have enough space when starting a torrent. It does NOT reduce fragmentation as compared to not using it, since ?Torrent ALWAYS allocates the full file when writing to prevent fragmentation, regardless of if pre-allocate is on (unless you use compact storage or sparse files).

http://utorrent.com/faq.php#How_do_I_make_..._the_torrent.3F

you can do this

or if you use windows XP with Service pack 2 you can enlarge the number of TCP connections

Windows XP SP2 limits TCP connection attempts to 10. If there are more concurrent TCP connection attempts, Windows generate a warning: EventID 4226: (TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts). You can go to Xp's Admin tool, event viewer, look in system tab and notice tcpip entry (with yellow warning sign). Open it and click on the http link inside to see the page.

you can correct it using the patckh at this siteDownload Patch

read it here

http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

you can search at google if you wants to know more :)

• 4 weeks later...

what hasnt been mention or at least cant see it. if there is an option to change ports in the program that you use change them select a range for example 20000 - 20010 tcp/udp select that to forward to your pc from the router and now you dont need to configure the router each time you want to add another program just use the next port in your open range.

so emule 20000tcp , 20001udp

torrent 20002

and so on

You can also try using the telnet port for bittorent. (23). Most ISPs don't filter that much cause telnet use to be used for old servers and some ISPs still use them.

Thanks so much for the guide! Now my speeds in uTorrent are gradually getting faster!

I'll test a popular file soon, and compare it with BitTornado (my current default torrent program)

Thanks so much for the guide! Now my speeds in uTorrent are gradually getting faster!

I'll test a popular file soon, and compare it with BitTornado (my current default torrent program)

Try a linux distro :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the guide, slimy. tried everything, but still doesn't improve my download speed(aorund 20 - 40 kb/s).

Edited by Kboom

I was just downloading some Adobe software tryouts at ~330KB/s with FDM (Free Download Manager) and Firefox. Was amazing. But I cut back to share bandwidth on the network and so that I didn't kill the modem LOL I believe it has a tendancy to crap out with that high of a connection. I didn't want everyone else to get upset :p I generally get +100KB/s on Cabos and quite a bit less on average off of Azureus, like when I downloaded some Linux distro's. Pretty many peers, but the speed was usually <100KB/s