Increase Your P2P Download Speeds

wow wow! my speeds increased form 110 kb/s to 150 wow awesomer also my brwoing seems to be faster also. but how do u unpatch exactly?
You can un-patch by running the patch again and opting to change the limit back to 10 half-open connections.
If after you apply the patch and still get Event ID: 4226 warnings.

Could this be because the setting of 50 is to low or did the patch not work?

Yes, 50 is enough and you can check if the patch worked by running the patch again and looking at the current half-open connections limit. What is giving you that warning, the patch?

UPnP port mapping won't slow down your speeds btw.

hope u all that use psp get caught =P

Yeah, PSP users annoy me, i'm content with my DS :laugh: (it's a joke people, don't read into it)

You can un-patch by running the patch again and opting to change the limit back to 10 half-open connections.Yes, 50 is enough and you can check if the patch worked by running the patch again and looking at the current half-open connections limit. What is giving you that warning, the patch?

Nah, not the patch. I can see the warning in the Event Viewer log.

I've already tried checking by running the patch and it says I have it set to 50.

So is this just a case of XP going mad or?

Nah, not the patch. I can see the warning in the Event Viewer log.

I've already tried checking by running the patch and it says I have it set to 50.

So is this just a case of XP going mad or?

Oh. The warning is most likely generated because the patch is in fact changing tcpip.sys which is a system file. Ignore the warnings as long as you know they are being generated because of something that you're doing correctly and not by some malware.

I've never heard of UPnP slowing down speeds. The reason using UPnP is discouraged is for security reasons; a random port is used every time and you're not aware of which port traffic is coming and out of. The purpose of using UPnP is so that you don't have to manually forward ports yourself (which takes literally 5 seconds at the most to do anyway.) So if you're not using UPnP with any applications then you should disable it on your router.

Great Guide :) i got an extra 50kb/s out of my Downloads :D normally download at 128kb/s (average) now i get around 174 to 173kb/s in utorrent :)

Before on standard setting I used to get between 1-200 KBps. My cable connections is >10MBps

Now I changed a few settings after this guide.

But do these if you are very desperate (like me)

Instead of 50 connections (4226 id patcht) I made it 500 connections.

Max connections 1000

Max per torrent 500

Report ip to tracker put a static ip address helps alot.

disable uPnP and port forward manually, if u do both you will get and error so do 1 or the other.

upload speed is 10Kbps (increasing this value mad emy speed lower) I have only 256 K up damn aussie stingy ISP.

anyways now I am getting 1.1MBps= 1100Kbps so Im happy :) Which Is about 95% of the 10Mbps cable being utilised which is terrific.

post-117704-1165182281_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hitman2000

I've been experiencing horrendous download rates for the past 2 weeks while using utorrent.

I live in the Philippines, and have a modem provided by my ISP connected to a LINKSYS WRT54G v.2.2 (flashed with the newest DD-WRT firmware). Before I head out and get myself a new router I wanted to pitch this problem to the group.

Prior to the slowdown of BitTorrent traffice, I've been having pretty stable (sometimes stellar) download rates, but as of late (2 weeks) I've been getting really bad download rates (think 0.0kbps and a 90.0kbps upload rate)!!

So I did a bit of the stuff recommended in this thread and here are some screencaps to detail my 'progress'.

speed-1.jpg

Quite an improvement, prior to this, as I've said I've been getting maximum download-rates of 10.0kbps (even with those seed/peer stats).

speed2-1.jpg

After around 2 minutes, things started to pickup.

speed3.jpg

Stabilized here, but as of this writing I've been stabilizing at over 100kbps (quite an achievement with the internet we have in my country).

Thing about it is, now, I can't seem to load webpages if I use the browser -- utorrent seemingly has sucked up all the bandwidth available for my machine (although if I use another machine which isn't running BT, I can load webpages, albeit a bit of a lag).

Any suggestions? Wondering also what caused the sudden speed-drop (just for BT traffic!!!)! When I use limewire, and when I load webpages, I don't get any speed-problems. It seems the speed drop is isolated to DOWNLOADS through BT.

:no: :pinch: :x

^ With a slow connection it is much harder to find the perfect point, but if you want to keep your great speeds with utorrent, you'll have to limit your browsing. Limit your download + upload speeds to a point where you can download comfortably as well as surf.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Please help me out...... i've tried many of the choices posted... the tcp optimizer, the patch and the gpedit.sys editing... i'm still at the downloading speed of about 5-6 kbps .... i'm using GPRS connection to access the net...... the connection shows 115.1 kbps ... will i be able to increase the downloading speed?? :(

• 3 weeks later...
May i recommend EmuleMorphXT its default settings surpass any tweaking you do to the default emule client.

I use MorphXT sometimes, and yeah, I think it's better than the official.

• 7 months later...

After patching the tcpip.sys using the patch file downloaded from lvllord and modified what so ever mentioned in the 1st post...my uTorrent speed seems to have decreased, seriously... it's weird since everyone has their speed increases while only mine decreased, any proper guidance pls...

Internet connection type: 512kbps adsl, router - pppoe

tcpip patch used: 223d

RWIN: 115200

• 3 months later...

i am new to this forum but i become fan of this forum because of you guys. every time i need to know some thing or i have some problem (in 99.9999999999999999% case ) solution is already there.

thankx a lot

Ok, I figured out how to configure a static IP and I actually got the port I wanted forwarded as well but now, my internet connection stopped working so I put the settings back to what they were in the beginning.

from what themacguy is saying i think he mans the IP address his router gives him not the one his ISP gives him as that realy doesn't mater static or dynamic but if like me your portforwarding in the modem relies on a certain ip address to bind the port to then that can be a bit more involved mine requires me to set an phy address of the nic i want a certain ip allocated to like 12-34-56-78-90-11 set ip as 123.456.789.011 hence making the ip your computer gets always the same otherwise just allowing a certain port to be forwarded does not always work if you modem gives out dynamic addresses