NCAA Mens B-Ball Official Thread

I know it's slightly off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread for one game. COngrats to the UNC women's team who made it #2 beating #1 twice in less than a week as they beat the Duke women AT Cameron Indoor. Any UNC win over Duke is worth celebrating :D

You see that article on ESPN.com about Gino Auriema and the excerpt from his book 2 weeks ago? It was great. He referred a few times to Pat Summit as being full of herself and how she takes her success like she's the next coming. It was hilarious, it made me go buy his book, which was very good by the way.

Vols...uuuughhhhh.

You see that article on ESPN.com about Gino Auriema and the excerpt from his book 2 weeks ago? It was great. He referred a few times to Pat Summit as being full of herself and how she takes her success like she's the next coming. It was hilarious, it made me go buy his book, which was very good by the way.

Vols...uuuughhhhh.

yeah, there is another women's coach closing in on Pat Summits 890 wins as of now.

WTF illini lost again? by 1 point tho... but they were doing so well 1st half

Penn St. 66, Illinois 65

Yeah, the Illini let down very badly in the second half. However, this just goes to show that anyting can happen, and that the teams in the Big Ten Cellar can still beat the top teams.

As much as I'd love to disagree, the call off at the end was the right call. You can't argue with video evidence.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How about them Gators!!!!!!!!!!!

Gameday + O Dome + Rowdy Reptiles (myself included) = one crazy atmosphere

I think we just made a case for being in the running for the NC!!!

Yeah, the Illini let down very badly in the second half. However, this just goes to show that anyting can happen, and that the teams in the Big Ten Cellar can still beat the top teams.

As much as I'd love to disagree, the call off at the end was the right call. You can't argue with video evidence.

Even though they ultimately lost, that last shot was unbelievably clutch. I couldn't believe it hit. Heartbreaker to lose like that.

Even though they ultimately lost, that last shot was unbelievably clutch. I couldn't believe it hit. Heartbreaker to lose like that.

holy crap, they lost that game??! i think it was on at the same time the michigan game was on, and the illini seemed to have a comfortable lead. and since my boys were getting blown out, i started to play some xbox...i had no idea penn st. came back.

anyone watch Gonzaga get a gift from the official's last night? Ball goes in with .5 seconds left and the guy catches, shoots and gets fouled? Too bad the clock guy didn't start the clock until the ball was off the rim....then the officials put .3 back on the clock? It takes .4 for the fastest guy to catch and shoot. Should have gone to OT at least. POS call from POS officials in a POS conference...can't wait to see this team get beat in the tournament.

Sloppy game so far, for both teams. And ya know we already had a college b-ball thread here. I'm a die-hard Heel fan but even I don't think this game needs its own thread lol.

Damn Redick! Gah!

These Duke-UNC games are nuts lol. Between last year's two close finishes and now this. lol

Green what the hell was that?!?!

Well they gave away even having a chance. Somebody was wide open in the corner along the baseline I don't know what the hell he was thinking putting that shot up.

O well. Great finish until that last UNC possession.

Edited by bigbluepride35

heck of a game though. too bad duke had to win. please beat them at cameron, i love watching them cry.

merged

Edited by BroChaos

Did you see Uconn game last night against Syracuse? I'm not a Uconn fan but they looked really good. I say they win the whole thing :yes:

Damn Redick! Gah!

:D :D muhaha :devil:

Eh but that was a sloppy game it was like every other possession there was a turnover :wacko: and what happened to Florida? So much for being the #2 team a few weeks back, 3-3 the past 6 games :whistle:

Something that puzzles me a bit is Ucon is #1 with one loss and Duke is #2 with one loss?IMO Duke should still be #1 because they only lost by 3 to a very good Georgetown team, while the Huskies got blown out by Marquette? ranking does not really matter in the end but I just think that is a bit :pd :p

another loss for my michigan boys :( :(

tOSU had a streak of 11 for 12 from THREE POINT land going in the first half. kinda hard to compete against that....

:D :D muhaha :devil:

Eh but that was a sloppy game it was like every other possession there was a turnover :wacko: and what happened to Florida? So much for being the #2 team a few weeks back, 3-3 the past 6 games :whistle:

Something that puzzles me a bit is Ucon is #1 with one loss and Duke is #2 with one loss?IMO Duke should still be #1 because they only lost by 3 to a very good Georgetown team, while the Huskies got blown out by Marquette? ranking does not really matter in the end but I just think that is a bit :pd :p

Yeah true, I really don't know how they do the polls but DUKE will climb back to #1... It would be great to see another DUKE vs. UNC game in March Madness, even better a DUKE vs. UCONN, that would be nice..

But yeah, DUKE has been playing a bit sloppy lately... Haven't been winning big, maybe it's cause they got a tough schedule.

UCONN in the other hand has been playing very tough and look like a very dominant team, I haven't really seen their schedule so I can't really judge them right now. But they could get knocked off early it's possible... Just like the COLTS, lol.

Duke lost in a week where the U Connartists (my affectionate name for them) won. So they swapped. Honestly number 1 during the year is not a big deal, as long as they have a number 1 seed going into the tournament.

Duke lost in a week where the U Connartists (my affectionate name for them) won. So they swapped. Honestly number 1 during the year is not a big deal, as long as they have a number 1 seed going into the tournament.

I'd tend to agree, and would maybe even go as far as saying a number 1 seed in the tourney isn't required, and probably not even essential to win the whole tourney. Besides, look at the Illini last year. They were number 1 during the season and then they lost... past the first round, seeding doesn't make that much difference. Teams prove their skill by overcoming outside forces (in this case, seeds).