NCAA Mens B-Ball Official Thread

They were number 1 during the season and then they lost... past the first round, seeding doesn't make that much difference. Teams prove their skill by overcoming outside forces (in this case, seeds).

Exactly.

Although, I'm still hoping to see a number 16 be the first giant killer and take down a number one, as long as it's not Duke hehe

I bet that #16 would get so blitzed, they wouldn't be able to play in the second round lol

Exactly.

Although, I'm still hoping to see a number 16 be the first giant killer and take down a number one, as long as it's not Duke hehe

I bet that #16 would get so blitzed, they wouldn't be able to play in the second round lol

I don't think it will ever happen.

I don't think it will ever happen.

Probably not, but there are so many teams in the Top 25 that I don't even recognize, plus the fact that there might be a team from a mid major or lesser conference that might be really really good, but only get in because of the automatic bid that could surprise someone. However, the likelihood of it happening is slim. Although I do remember the year when Holy Cross almost upset Kansas when they were seeded number 1.

The Missouri Valley Conference this year is very strong, and I think they may have a chance to put at least 4 teams into the Big Dance. Souther Illinois Univeristy could be the strongest MVC team this year and could go deep into the tournament.

Florida got completely HOSED by ref's today.

Ark-42FT's

UF-20FT's

In a game decided in overtime and by 4 points, that is inexcusable refereeing. Period. These ###### need to be fired stat.

Florida got completely HOSED by ref's today.

Ark-42FT's

UF-20FT's

In a game decided in overtime and by 4 points, that is inexcusable refereeing. Period. These ###### need to be fired stat.

Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on your viewpoint), your opinion doesn't matter. The referees' decision is all that matters. It's just part of the game that has to be accepted.

was the game at arkansas?

Yes, the game was at Arkansas.

I know pxleyes was upset about the discrepancy in foul shots, but Arkansas only made 9 more free-throws than Florida. That could have easily been made up in field goals instead of foul shots. Every team has to deal with one-sided officiating.

I'll be the first person to admit that I know some refs are one sided. Illini got dicked in Iowa City against Iowa too. I know what it feels like. Maybe last year's championship game against UNC? I know what it's like, but there is nothing you can do about it, and we just have to accept it. However, in Florida's case, I don't think you'll have to worry. You'll have at least a 3 seed in the tourney as long as you win out.

Yea, in the end, its under the bridge. Luckily the rest of the season is bright, but its really sad that the NCAA as a whole refuses to deal with the issue. You would think there would be stricter punishments on bad class and more review in game (but not game stopping review).

every home team gets calls, just the way it is. home court advantage is about 10 points in my opinion. 2 equal teams, if they played a home and home, the home team would win by 10 each game.

Could the Illini still make it to the Big Ten Championships?

Well yeah anyone in the BigTen can, but if you mean by regular season then no, they cant. Unless some how ohio state were to loose sunday. And i think it is about time people need to show some damn respect for ohio state. I am sick of hearing all of this talk about gonzaga, texax, memphis. But no one will say anything about ohio state, look at the conference those teams play in and look where ohio state plays. I just hate how ohio state is 4th in the RPI, but not even in the damn top 25 fan poll.

w0000000000t!!!! Go UNC baby. Man for a while there at the end it looked like they were going to give it away but they hung tough. Great win for a young UNC team and I'm glad they could ruin senior night for J.J. and company. Can't believe how he disappeared after the first 5 minutes but all the better for us. Can't wait till next year for this UNC team. And the tournament should be a fun ride this year while we're at it lol.

w0000000000t!!!! Go UNC baby. Man for a while there at the end it looked like they were going to give it away but they hung tough. Great win for a young UNC team and I'm glad they could ruin senior night for J.J. and company. Can't believe how he disappeared after the first 5 minutes but all the better for us. Can't wait till next year for this UNC team. And the tournament should be a fun ride this year while we're at it lol.

It was a great game. I think JJ is tiring out once again. You would think he would have change his conditioning to last longer in the season. If he doesn't change it soon, he will have a lot of problems in the NBA (if he goes there).

Man, say whatever you want about Gerry McNamara's regular season he has definitely stepped it up in the Big East tourney. Hitting that running three to win yesterday and he's been driving Syracuse towards a possible upset against UConn that just now is beginning to get away from them as I type this lol.

O! What a finish we're headed for. I love the Big East tourney.

OT! OT! Gerry Mac!!!! SO clutch, AGAIN!!!!

Syracuse pulls the upset!!! They may go dancing after all.

What a game! What a finish!

Did I mention how much I love the Big East tourney?!!

Edited by bigbluepride35

Man Pitt and the Orange in the Big East final. I wonder how many people would have picked those two teams. GOTTA love this time of year!

Man Pitt and the Orange in the Big East final. I wonder how many people would have picked those two teams. GOTTA love this time of year!

Yeah and this isn't even the real tournament. Will get interesting in the next few weeks.

How about Allan Ray though? Apparently he got his eye knocked out when Carl Krauser slapped him across the face and poked his eye. I saw it live and didn't really notice it, but ESPN won't air that clip anymore. That has to be tough to deal with, even though he is supposedly fine now. Besides it hurting, just imagine the fear of going blind. Hope he's back 100% soon, he is a great player.

Ooooooo the Orange win! Man what an amazing run. Going from a bubble team, if they were lucky, to knocking off the number 1 team and pretty much guaranteeing an at-large to getting an automatic bid. That was a great tourney. FIrst time a team that didn't have a bye won the Big East tourney. That would have happened no matter who won since both teams played four games in four days but what a great tournament. Can't wait for the NCAA tourney. Anyone else hear about CBS streaming the games for free online?!