NCAA Mens B-Ball Official Thread

grrr, another 1 game loss. 6-5. but i guess in the long run, the challenge doesn't mean that much being so early in the season. just a good way to get your teams toughened up. we'll see what happens in march :)

I'm very upset that I needed Duke to win to keep the conference pride. It pained me to have to kind of root for them lol. And I was very satisfied with the UNC game considering what they lost. If it wasn't for the darn 3 pointer (or numerous turnovers in crunch time lol) I think they could've pulled that out. Good challenge this year. Most of the games were close and exciting.

yeah, the acc can win every challenge, as long as the big 10 has like 4 or 5 of the elite 8 teams (compared to the ACC's 1) last year, then i'll be happy.

good game so far. i guess we're gonna see unc in the rankings pretty soon.

I would think so, 1:30 left in the game. 76-68 come on heels.

they are still young though. i can see them beating good teams, and getting blown out by good teams.

another good win for my michigan boys over rival notre dame.

How 'bout the Heels? :D :D

good game so far. i guess we're gonna see unc in the rankings pretty soon.

Actually I hope they don't get too high. I'd rather remain underestimated than over. Flying under the radar a bit is always better. NEXT year is going to be our year to be back in the big time. Williams has already recruited what many consider the best 2006 class.

It will take a season for the heels players to get used to the system. They will make some noise this year, but come next year, they will make a lot of noise.

Duke has had some seriously tight games against some less than stellar competition. They got lucky against Va Tech today. They desrved to lose that game.

I didnt get a chance to talk about my boys because I was at my schools football game yesterday. Go Apps baby!

How about the Devil Blue massacring Texas? I wish I could have seen the game. After the way they played against Indiana and VT I was expecting a loss, but when my dad got the score for me and told me the score, I was like hot damn.

:D Haha that Duke game was great, Redick just shot the lights out...and I think Texas was a bit overwhelmed. I think they might have been reading too many papers that said Duke was going to have a really hard timeor get beat and they expected the game to be almost easy..... well it was, just not for Texas :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, not a lot of activity in here lately.

Anyway, what did everyone think of the #4 Memphis against #8 Gonzaga game? I think Gonzaga is overrated in their poll rankings.

Wow, not a lot of activity in here lately.

Anyway, what did everyone think of the #4 Memphis against #8 Gonzaga game? I think Gonzaga is overrated in their poll rankings.

Probably won't be a flurry of posting until the tourney.

I liked Gonzaga more when they were underdogs. I'm surprised Morrison disappeared for the final ten minutes of that game.

Probably won't be a flurry of posting until the tourney.

I liked Gonzaga more when they were underdogs. I'm surprised Morrison disappeared for the final ten minutes of that game.

When Memphis put a freshman on Morrison, I figured he'd excel. So much for that. The 6'9" shut him down! I think that just goes to prove the Morrison hype on ESPN is far too early.

Florida is still flying under the radar. #5 in the nation and very little press. I like it like that. It means there will be no ego issues going into the SEC season. It is actually possible they could go undefeated this year.

Florida is still flying under the radar. #5 in the nation and very little press. I like it like that. It means there will be no ego issues going into the SEC season. It is actually possible they could go undefeated this year.

Of course they could. They only play 1 ranked opponent (as of now) all year.

Of course they could. They only play 1 ranked opponent (as of now) all year.

Thats a low shot since you should know that the SEC season is one of the toughest. UF's real test starts in a couple of weeks. I have never seen anyone complain about Florida's strength of schedule.

And we have played 2 ranked teams, both of which we beat. It doesn't mean they are both ranked now, but they sure were when we played them.

Thats a low shot since you should know that the SEC season is one of the toughest. UF's real test starts in a couple of weeks. I have never seen anyone complain about Florida's strength of schedule.

And we have played 2 ranked teams, both of which we beat. It doesn't mean they are both ranked now, but they sure were when we played them.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not downplaying Florida. I realize they're a great team, I'm just pointing out that they do have a shot to run the table because they only play one more ranked opponent.

I met Charles Barkley at an Auburn game the other day, very nice guy, he told me he is still planning on running for governor of Alabama..

and florida won't run the table. vanderbilt, tennessee, and kentucky twice.. alabama and arkansas once each..

Woot! UConn lost to Marquette with Steve Novak's 41 pt. performance against the #2 ranked team in the country. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Texas for knocking off Memphis. #2 and #4 are moving down, and the Illini are moving up!