Name changes: You can change your display name

i use opera and dont have this problem :)

Yes you do.

Hmm, no way of coding IPB to restrict a user with warnings from touching the "Change My Display Name" section of their Control Panel?

Now that I now it's there, temptation itches...

• 4 weeks later...

I really wanted to change my name to pS! (initials) and when i did, i got pS33 and then i used my second try and put pS_! and i got pS_33 not i cant change my name for 90 days!

How can i change it to pS! ?

Hmm, no way of coding IPB to restrict a user with warnings from touching the "Change My Display Name" section of their Control Panel?

Yes there is a way. There is always a way. :p

you have to wait 90 days

Thanks for the reply, but i that is not the problem, i can wait 90 days.

my problem is i cant input ps! in "Change Display Name" in control panel. Everytime i input " ! " i get " 33 " as a output display name.

Thanks for the reply, but i that is not the problem, i can wait 90 days.

my problem is i cant input ps! in "Change Display Name" in control panel. Everytime i input " ! " i get " 33 " as a output display name.

That would be my fault probably. I didn't add the code to Neowin, but I did create it. :shiftyninja:

I will check my code later tonight. :)

Edited by blackice912

I'm trying to change my display name, but it says my password is wrong even though I know it's the correct password. Seeing as I'm logged in fine. That and it shows a green check mark next to enter display name when I type in my pw meaning the pw is correct and I should be able to change my display name.

Can you please fix? And by the way I've never changed my display name and it says I can change it twice in 90 days so it should work as expected, but it's not.

Thanks,

Will

I'm trying to change my display name, but it says my password is wrong even though I know it's the correct password. Seeing as I'm logged in fine. That and it shows a green check mark next to enter display name when I type in my pw meaning the pw is correct and I should be able to change my display name.

Can you please fix? And by the way I've never changed my display name and it says I can change it twice in 90 days so it should work as expected, but it's not.

Thanks,

Will

Double-check your password. The green checkmark means the name is available, not that your password works. Logout and back in again to make sure.

Been there done that. If pw was wrong I would not be logged in right now. :(

Can admin change my display name for me to war59312. Without a warning, seeing as it's not my fault?

Been there done that. If pw was wrong I would not be logged in right now. :(

Can admin change my display name for me to war59312. Without a warning, seeing as it's not my fault?

war59312 was a previous member that was banned. We will have to look into this.

Yeah and I have no idea why I was banned. Never was told why. :( I figured it was just deleted. Guess not.

I would love to know why I was banned. Already asked a long time ago and recieved no anwser.

oh now i see that was not even me...darn account must have been hacked... i did wonder way back when why my pw no longer worked

so delting that account would be nice

i cant believe its been five years and dang did not relize i was member 172...been around a long time...feeling old now....

Edited by war

Yeah and I have no idea why I was banned. Never was told why. :( I figured it was just deleted. Guess not.

I would love to know why I was banned. Already asked a long time ago and recieved no anwser.

It happened after you said:

um thanks bitch **** this place bye delete my account please

site is gay as **** anyways

go ahead ban me all u want u stupid ****ing bitch

to Keldyn.

wow! It was not me, Swear. I dont even know who Keldyn is. But ok not a big deal. Just would like to use my name but its cool.

Well thanks for letting me know... at least i know why i cant change the display name... so thanks!

And neowin rocks btw! waiting for the next podcast.. :)

wow! It was not me, Swear. I dont even know who Keldyn is. But ok not a big deal. Just would like to use my name but its cool.

Well thanks for letting me know... at least i know why i cant change the display name... so thanks!

And neowin rocks btw! waiting for the next podcast.. :)

Keldyn was a moderator for a long time, and that account shows all of the same info as the current one you have, like your ICQ and AIM identities. How could it not be you? :blink:

It happened after you said:

to Keldyn.

Owned.

Oh my god that was funny.

Keldyn was a moderator for a long time, and that account shows all of the same info as the current one you have, like your ICQ and AIM identities. How could it not be you? blink.gif

double owned!

It was was my account. I ment it was not me who posted. Someone got into my account back then. I was not even online. I just thought the account had been deleted because I had asked 3 years ago and never had gotten a response. And was just easier to create a new account. But like I said it's not a big deal or anything...

And sam please grow up, no one was owned as you put it. Kids these days... and I do not mean you ok...Its just I'm sick of everyone saying owned all the time...its old and lame!

It was was my account. I ment it was not me who posted. Someone got into my account back then. I was not even online. I just thought the account had been deleted because I had asked 3 years ago and never had gotten a response. And was just easier to create a new account. But like I said it's not a big deal or anything...

And sam please grow up, no one was owned as you put it. Kids these days... and I do not mean you ok...Its just I'm sick of everyone saying owned all the time...its old and lame!

Ok.

pwned! :p :rofl:

oh no, did someone hurt your little feelings? :cry:

Dont like it, ignore it.

Infact, its the first time i think i've used it, as it was the best word to sum up what happened.

• 2 months later...

its just a display name, the username stays as it is, so if you do have a warn, mods can trace you real easy, dont see if thats a biggie.

its just a display name, the username stays as it is, so if you do have a warn, mods can trace you real easy, dont see if thats a biggie.

Yup, I don't see a big problem with that.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to ask a quick question regarding display name changes.

When I first signed up with Neowin I used sixnine:design. Not long ago I changed my display name to Special K. I then tried to change it back to sixnine:design, but for some reason the : symbol is missing.

Is there any reason for this?? I didn't think the : symbol was a special character.

Basically I would just like my display back to it's original state which is sixnine:design.

Thanks in advance.