Name changes: You can change your display name

So what happens to Radish?

Like all members, his name should also become "Radish". I have nothing against Radish (he's one of the few good mods around here) but he is a member and all members must obey the rules.

We do not allow members who have had warns to change their name.

So wait; If you HAD a warning, you cant change your name?

If so, another stupid Neowin rule :rolleyes:

Like all members, his name should also become "Radish". I have nothing against Radish (he's one of the few good mods around here) but he is a member and all members must obey the rules.

There's a grandfather rule in effect... if you had the name before the rule was decided upon (and you haven't changed since) you get to keep it.

So wait; If you HAD a warning, you cant change your name?

If so, another stupid Neowin rule :rolleyes:

IIRC, once the warn goes down to 0% with the auto reduction system, I think you're allowed to change again, but IANAM.

I've got a warn and I want to change my name... I just accept that I can't because whining isn't going to do a damn thing about it except put you in a bad mood with the mods.

I've got a warn and I want to change my name... I just accept that I can't because whining isn't going to do a damn thing about it except put you in a bad mood with the mods.

By your logic, all blacks would still be slaves. Hell your scared of "whining", so I guess Martin Luther King and all those other people that have stood up for human rights shouldnt have whined

When something is wrong, its plain wrong. And letting yourself be controled by a rule that says if you have been warned once (20% I believe it is) and it gets removed and you still can't change your name, that basically makes this site very unlogic.

Altho the admins can do whatever the **** they want, some rules just aint right.

By your logic, all blacks would still be slaves. Hell your scared of "whining", so I guess Martin Luther King and all those other people that have stood up for human rights shouldnt have whined

When something is wrong, its plain wrong. And letting yourself be controled by a rule that says if you have been warned once (20% I believe it is) and it gets removed and you still can't change your name, that basically makes this site very unlogic.

Altho the admins can do whatever the **** they want, some rules just aint right.

Woah, woah woah woah woah.

Comparing getting a warning to slavery? Erm, yes, of course.

I'm not even going to try and have a mature discussion if you're going to be throwing that one around.

Woah, woah woah woah woah.

Comparing getting a warning to slavery? Erm, yes, of course.

I'm not even going to try and have a mature discussion if you're going to be throwing that one around.

Its not the comparing the "happenings" its comparing the "idea" behind it...

• 2 weeks later...

Can I also request that names with "[" and "]" be at least not recommend simply because they screw up the quotation system on the boards?

[NFC]Wave, anyone?

If you have 0%, you can change your name. End of story.

QUOTE(war @ Mar 3 2006, 00:00)

Yeah and I have no idea why I was banned. Never was told why. I figured it was just deleted. Guess not.

I would love to know why I was banned. Already asked a long time ago and recieved no anwser.

It happened after you said:

um thanks bitch **** this place bye delete my account please

site is gay as **** anyways

go ahead ban me all u want u stupid ****ing bitch

to Keldyn.

This entire conversation was hilarious! :laugh: :laugh:

• 1 month later...

hey this is my second post. I was wondering if my display name would be ok. it takes about 2 lines worth. if its not ok, I'm welcome to make a change and mod. it. I just don't want a warn or ban..

To all changing their display names... do not include special characters such as TM's, ?'s , other characters not found on a standard keyboard, etc...

is ? a restricted char too?

I'm guessing yes:yes:es:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys/gals,

I didn't want to create a new thread for this but;

I have changed my display name, but would it be possible for an admin/mod to change my login name for me.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

A display name is meant to be an easy way to change your online name without messing around with your login name. It's also more secure, since you're posting with A and logging in with B.

• 1 month later...

I also had a question but didn't want to create a new thread...

Now that the [ and ] character quote bug has been fixed, is there any way to allow for these in display names again? It's not that big of a deal, but I kind of wanted a display name using those...

I thought Subscribers can make 3 changes in a 90 day period? I can only make 2? :dontgetit:

1st change: 6th January 2007 - 15:04

2nd change: 15th March 2007 - 18:52

3rd change: 7th April 2007 - 08:28

I'm sorry Code Blue but you are dead.

• 3 weeks later...

i swear i have seen someone with tm in their name? cant remember whom

i wouldn't mind a name change, i want "Nicholas" but their is someone who signed up years ago and hasnt been online in years (or made many posts)

not that im hinting anything...