Site Speed

How is the site speed today?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. We sorted out some server issues and need feedback.

• It's flying
    • It's slower
    • It's about the same as always
    • I don't even care
    • I care but I am unable to answer the question

actually.. right now at this time (check time of post) is actually pretty fast.. but it has a mood of a women.. it changes at any second.

about the same some pages load fast some dont.. i kno when i wanna post something to open the reply takes forever and posting the msg is fast... but then changing pages is sometimes fast... so it kinda evens out...

Where is the vote for "crawling slow"

It's even worse than before! The old server were much quicker (yes it was still slow but compared with the new server)

UK, connecting via ja.net (College)

Just to say that actually, I have reached this page by flying at light speed :blink:

Erverything was loaded in instant...

Is it just me?

Just to say that actually, I have reached this page by flying at light speed :blink:

Erverything was loaded in instant...

Is it just me?

Just got on my self and site seems to be going FAST :D :D Keep up the good work if that's what you guys are doing :woot:

6.7 secs for me. It's not as fast as when I first started to visit but it's faster than it used to be these last months for me, and I'm getting less errors than before the switch.

That said as a free web ad supported web site, since I haven't got a subscription, I feel more than happy with what I get so 6.7 seconds isn't hurting me any.

I think it was slightly faster yesterday. Snails pace again today. As has been usual for a LONG time now.

Don't know which is worse. When the site was down totally and I knew what the reason was, or the site supposedly all fixed up and can hardly get anywhere!

I'm not sure if it's going faster for me since i upgraded to 10MB speed last night..

Unless you were on 56k before there will be no difference.

BTW, right now the site is FLYING but it's only 6:15am est.

It feels the same to be but that's because I'm on a dialup connection (got my order for broadband :D Awating the self-installation kit). But I am experiencing less error messages than before the upgrade.

So that's an excellent change. Keep up the good work Neowin Staff. :) (Y)

ozgeek

FWIW, the site does seem significantly faster this morning. The server load looks about normal (given the number of users browsing the forums), so it seems like something on the server has changed and things seem to be running much better now. Pages seem to load almost immediately after I click a link. Nice work guys. :)

I think it was slightly faster yesterday. Snails pace again today. As has been usual for a LONG time now.

Don't know which is worse. When the site was down totally and I knew what the reason was, or the site supposedly all fixed up and can hardly get anywhere!

The site is not nearly as fast as its going to be. There's still alot of work that needs to be done with the code and the frontend.

The site is not nearly as fast as its going to be. There's still alot of work that needs to be done with the code and the frontend.

Yeah we know that but i don't really go on front end i'm here for forums and seems that forums are fast. So i'm happy so are others :whistle:

Well, I am glad to see that the site is moving along quicker, especially after all the work that was put into it. But expect things to only get quicker. The speed increase was due to some Apache work done yesterday. Today will be PHP/MySQL work, to hopefully speed things up on that end. From that point, it will be down to fixing the coding bugs, and finishing the frontend. Both things I do not believe I am involved in, so I can't really speak for how long that should take, or what it will entail.

I disagree with everyone who says its slow, its already alot faster for me than the old servers ever were and I'm all the way in Europe.

oddcrap, thanks for the advice man but let pHaez and us deal with this our own way, dont give members the idea you know whats going on when you aren't involved whats being changed to optimize these servers.

I'm currently downloading which is using more or less, all my bandwidth and the site is flying for me and i'm in the UK. Great work on optimizing the servers guys, But I think i'll wait and see how it copes at peek times before I get over excited :yes:

I'm Europe, UK to be exact, and suffering with some speed issues. Here is a traceroute that I hope can help.

TraceRoute to 66.28.242.204 [www.neowin.net]

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name

1 0 1 0 66.98.244.1 gphou-66-98-244-1.ev1.net

2 0 0 0 66.98.241.9 gphou-66-98-241-9.ev1.net

3 0 0 0 66.98.240.4 gphou-66-98-240-4.ev1.net

4 1 1 1 129.250.10.105 ge-2-1-0.r00.hstntx01.us.bb.verio.net

5 11 11 11 129.250.5.42 p16-1-1-1.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.verio.net

6 9 9 9 154.54.11.133 p3-1.core01.dfw03.atlas.cogentco.com

7 77 203 9 154.54.2.137 p13-0.core02.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com

8 19 18 18 66.28.4.38 p15-0.core01.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com

9 30 30 29 66.28.4.34 p5-0.core02.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com

10 29 29 29 154.54.3.154 p12-0.core03.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com

11 29 30 29 154.54.3.46 p5-0.core01.ord04.atlas.cogentco.com

12 29 29 30 204.6.150.34 g3-2.hc01.ord04.atlas.cogentco.com

13 30 32 30 38.112.15.250 stardockcorporation.demarc.cogentco.com

14 Timed out Timed out Timed out -

15 Timed out Timed out Timed out -

16 Timed out Timed out Timed out -

17 Timed out Timed out Timed out -

Trace aborted.

slower with threads if they even load at all.

the rest of the time it either times out or I get that wonderful "the server is too busy" message.

My sentiments exactly! Hell, it took me almost a minute to be able to post this!