December CTP is 5270.9 - Out in ~ 19 hours!

Installing now ... install routine looks the same as 5259 so far, with the addition of a blue back button at the top of a few screens. I don't think the blue arrow back button was in 5259

1) XP didn't have CTPs

2) Broadband speeds were much slower back then. Most peopel got their betas through the mail.

3) Piracy didn't exist so much in 2000-2001 either.

Here is a screen of the blue back button in the install routine

<edit> BTW, MS doesn't get ****ed about posting screens do they? I will remove if so ...

no,i don't think so,thenks ...

1) XP didn't have CTPs

2) Broadband speeds were much slower back then. Most peopel got their betas through the mail.

1) right

2) wrong

3) wrong

piracy has ALWAYS been there, it's just that back then not everyone and their dog knew where to get it (and it was alot better)

as for broadband speeds, when i first got my connection it was about the same if not faster than it is now. then after a few years they caped it and made it slow (5mbits) and now they managed to bring it up a bit (7mbits) but still only around the same speed i used to get in 2000

Cable (comcast)

Well, i'm home, on cable connection and I can't get any better than 300k/sec or slower with frequent drop to 50k/sec. I guess the servers are fully loaded... I will have to wait until tonight to install it....

1) right

2) wrong

3) wrong

piracy has ALWAYS been there, it's just that back then not everyone and their dog knew where to get it (and it was alot better)

as for broadband speeds, when i first got my connection it was about the same if not faster than it is now. then after a few years they caped it and made it slow (5mbits) and now they managed to bring it up a bit (7mbits) but still only around the same speed i used to get in 2000

Fine, I'll fix it just for you.

1) XP didn't have CTPs

2) Most people didn't have broadband at all and got their betas through the mail.

3) Internet piracy networks didn't exist in 2000-2001 like they do today.

4) Anyone with high speed internet today, merely needs to install Limeware or Kazaa for P2P. It used to be harder.

Better?

Fine, I'll fix it just for you.

1) XP didn't have CTPs

2) Most people didn't have broadband at all and got their betas through the mail.

3) Internet piracy networks didn't exist in 2000-2001 like they do today.

4) Anyone with high speed internet today, merely needs to install Limeware or Kazaa for P2P. It used to be harder.

Better?

#3 isnt really correct... Scour existsed, napster, winmx... they where all there P2P wise... IRC wise all over the place, newsgroup wise all over...

afaik, you can mount the ISO with DaemonTools and install it from Windows itself (for dual booting) :)

Yes you can, but as I said in a previous post, it's too messy. I just have my laptop over break so I'm not gonna bother.

ok,i'm just going to bed and sleep,coz it'a 23:23 ,tomorow when i'll come home from skewl maybe ... at 13:00 .... luck with the downloading,i'm out.

:huh:

I'm not inclined to agree here, but I agree about your other points, lack of bandwidth was probably among the most limiting factors for piracy.