• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Macworld 2006 Discussion

sn00pie    2

Intel Mac mini - dual-core Yonah, new media capabilities (Front Row 2.0 + Apple Remote + more), new design

I hope to god that your right. :D

chrisgeleven    0

I doubt the Mac mini will be dual-core. I bet it will be single-core.

Dual-core Yonah will probably be perfect for the iMacs. It is the obvious fit for them, as it could probably beat the current G5 iMac's in benchmarks.

Rudy    457

i think i shouldnt watch.....last time i did i bought a mac mini......i dont have money to spend right now lol

actually since i posted this i've been eyeing a 12" ibook.....but i will obviously wait for the Intel ones....i will wait and hope they stay in the same price range (1200$ CND) (im kinda sad they're going to be 13" widescreen though :()

dt    2

Why Rudy? 13" is a nice screen size, and widescreen form factor is apparently quite preferable nowadays..

Word of advice: wait some time before getting an Intel-based iBook to make sure there aren't some hardware issues with the first batch or so.

Rudy    457

Why Rudy? 13" is a nice screen size, and widescreen form factor is apparently quite preferable nowadays..

Word of advice: wait some time before getting an Intel-based iBook to make sure there aren't some hardware issues with the first batch or so.

i liked 12" because i want a laptop as small as possible (and as light as possible). My gf has nice 12" pentium m 2.0ghz and it's sooo light (a bit under 4 lbs), and that's what im looking for in a laptop. I used to own a 14" and i thought it was a bit too big, i dont care so much about power since all i do is coding, but i do care about portability

ZZOOzzoo    0

I hope Apple will

- Release FrontRow to all existing Mac users

- Release iLife '06 with much faster iPhoto + more customizable iDVD + iMovie w/ more options

- Give brief info on Leopard + Intel Mac

But my biggest wish is for Apple to release an iPod of range in between regular iPod and Nano. I need 6~8 GB of storage, but with death of iPod mini none of the iPods suits my needs. 8GB iPod with color screen would be lovely!

ph3412t3h13    0

an ipod shuffle as thin as he headphone jack, in black and white, bigger sizes (up to 2 gb)

TheWahbinator    0

nobody forget iTunes and Quicktime for Linux :o

Rudy    457

nobody forget iTunes and Quicktime for Linux :o

i really doubt this is going to happen

Syphonic    0

Why would you want Quicktime on Linux? VLC is much better IMO :/

Anyway all I want is a Leopard preview which I doubt we'll get.

MonkeyClaw    9

Quick question, just to clear some things up for me (I feel embarrassed asking this, lol) but is the Stevenote tomorrow aka the 9th or the 10th? I've read it is on the 9th but on the Macworld expo site, its on the 10th. So I'm a bit confused...

Rudy    457

i thought it was on the 9th....

TheWahbinator    0

i really doubt this is going to happen

I have my sources :shiftyninja:

1759    1

Why would you want Quicktime on Linux? VLC is much better IMO :/

Anyway all I want is a Leopard preview which I doubt we'll get.

VLC is better than QT on Windows too, HD trailers that struggle to run on QT7 usually run perfectly with VLC.

I wouldn't mind an update to iTunes that would automatically download album art (WMP 10 can do it) and a big firmware update for the video ipods (640x480 TV out support, adjustable brightness, faster menus, customizable movie kind category creation).

More info on Intel Macs

MonkeyClaw    9

i thought it was on the 9th....

Me too but now I'm not sure because of what I read on the Expo site... Maybe that was for last year...

chrisgeleven    0

Me too but now I'm not sure because of what I read on the Expo site... Maybe that was for last year...

According to MacRumors.com, the .Mac site is going to be down for maintence all morning on the 10th.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060108040947.shtml

So I am guessing Steve's presentation is then.

TogaForComfort    1

just get the ipod heh....

i hope they have the new intel based pc's ready also....

I think they will drop the shuffle and bring out a 1GB nano

Edit. Oh yeah. I also think we will see the next version of front row with all of the PVR capabilities in. Looks to me like the current version of front row was testing the water

Rudy    457

i went to their website and after reading the stuff on there i figured out it is the 10th. it's all over the place not just one spot so it's not a typo....

rajputwarrior    280

yeah i don't remember where i read it, i think it was wall street journal or one of those types of publications, but it said steve's keynote is on the 10th, if people where smart they would take whatever money they had and invest it in apple cause it sure as hell ain't going to go nowhere but up for a while after steve's keynote

MonkeyClaw    9

Indeed, I'm thinking about buying some stock tomorrow...

Chicane-UK    674

I like the headless iMac G5 rumours.. that would suit me into the ground! I already have a 19" TFT with DVI that'd do the job just fine and I don't feel a Mac Mini as it is right now has enough punch for me to make a total switch to Mac OSX - so this could be the answer!

Roll on January the 10th!

saxondale.    15

A black iBook would be hot

Lasker    0

I can't wait to tomorrow :drool:

KeR    82

So it is tomorrow then?

Chicane-UK    674

Its not tomorrow.. its the 10th you want for Jobs' keynote ;)