Macworld 2006 Discussion

15" intel Macbook - order tomorrow, ships Feb (thinner, dual core)

iPod FM receiver

iWork/Life '06

New remote of some type

Photocasting (iPhoto)

OS X.4.4 w/new widgets

iPod with a FM transmitter :D must get not getting the video then

I wouldn't be amazed if the 15-in Powerbook is the first to go Intel. After all, the 15-in. is the flasgship Powerbook. This rumors seem pretty real and feasible.

I wouldn't be amazed if the 15-in Powerbook is the first to go Intel. After all, the 15-in. is the flasgship Powerbook. This rumors seem pretty real and feasible.

The one argument against is that no Pro software is made for universal code yet. Adobe is not planing on that for CS2 and haven't heard others. But I hope that Apple will release a 15" intel PB.

After all, the 15-in. is the flasgship Powerbook.

wrong. the 17" is the flagship. the 15" is the best selling one. ;) quite a difference.

anyways, that cartoon posted by radish is great, btw. ;)

I'm pretty sure Adobe has had their hands on dev. transitions kits for a while now. Regardless, if it's indeed true it won't ship until Feb. thus giving Adobe extra time.

On the other hand, Rosetta is pretty damnm good from what I have heard. The latest version even emulates altivec calls.

wrong. the 17" is the flagship. the 15" is the best selling one. ;) quite a difference.

anyways, that cartoon posted by radish is great, btw. ;)

You know I would've thought the 15" as the flagship model..but hey I could be wrong ;)

Interesting how the 15" is the best selling one, and not the 12 in. I woulnt be surprise if the ditch the 12-in Powerbook and replace it with a 13 in. Widescreen iBook.

12, 13 -in iBook.

15, 17 -in Powerbook

It would make sense since the 15, 17 in. screens lend themselves for HD editing and all that. Can't do much on a 12-in screen state.

You know I would've thought the 15" as the flagship model..but hey I could be wrong ;)

Interesting how the 15" is the best selling one, and not the 12 in. I woulnt be surprise if the ditch the 12-in Powerbook and replace it with a 13 in. Widescreen iBook.

ive read they will. well rumors said that. just because the 12" powerbook cant support any of the hd-resolutions, as you mentioned. i dont have any source anymore, was written in some blog. but it makes sense and would be nice, a 13" widescreen ibook, intel powered, two versions, single- and dualcore... why not?

ive read they will. well rumors said that. just because the 12" powerbook cant support any of the hd-resolutions, as you mentioned. i dont have any source anymore, was written in some blog. but it makes sense and would be nice, a 13" widescreen ibook, intel powered, two versions, single- and dualcore... why not?

mmmm if that 13" iBook is announced in a couple of hours, I'll be there instantly with my credit card. I think this model would appeal to many many people, and would be a wise move for Apple, as long as they can keep the price down.

Just out of interest, what do people think will happen to the pricing, should it stay relatively similar to the PPC eqivalents? cheaper would be nice :)

yeah, a 13" ibook would be my notebook of choice aswell.

i think since intel is HUGE, the pricing will stay the same or even cheaper.

they can infact deliver the same cores for apple as they do for other manufacturers, since

yonah will be the same for every computer, exept some slight differences, so they can

produce them cheaper.

would be nice.

my expectation is: 13" ibook approx. 1000$/950?.

i am really anxious to know what resolution a 13" screen would have.

One thing I am hoping about this is that Intel chips will bring about slightly cheaper pricing.

Apple must know that people are desperate to break into their market but pricing is prohibitive. The Mac Mini was a BIG step in the right direction but they need to keep working at it.

Mac Mini is about all I could afford right now..

yeah, a 13" ibook would be my notebook of choice aswell.

i think since intel is HUGE, the pricing will stay the same or even cheaper.

they can infact deliver the same cores for apple as they do for other manufacturers, since

yonah will be the same for every computer, exept some slight differences, so they can

produce them cheaper.

would be nice.

my expectation is: 13" ibook approx. 1000$/950€.

i am really anxious to know what resolution a 13" screen would have.

You don't know how much I wish your price expectation is right... that would be very VERY nice!

As for resolutions, I'd imagine they'd bump everything up a bit, so maybe something like the current 15" PB res?

Thats another thing, I hope the quality of the screens is a fair bit better than the infamous latest PB upgrades... :wacko:

The new iBook is expected to be a widescreen model with a 13.3" screen 1280x720 screen. This correlates with an earlier report from Appleinsider noting a similar 13" widescreen look to the upcoming iBooks.

1280x720 is nice.