Rose Bowl 2006

USC vs. Texas  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Rose Bowl of 2006?

• University of Texas
    • University of Southern California

Go Texas! (Ugh, it's still sickening to say that for me... but yes... Go Big 12!)

Oh, just figured I'd take this time to complain again. First off, USC did not win the last 2 national championships. And Will Ferrell, this most definately IS NOT the third national championship game in a row they've played in.

Lets go do a quick history lesson... back to 2003 with us:

Nokia Sugar Bowl and National Championship game: OU vs. LSU. Winner, LSU. National Champions, LSU.

Why? It's very simple, lets recap...

National Champions:

D0069.jpg

NOT National Champions:

usc-bowl-wide-photo.jpg

Winner has the trophy, simple as that. Hey, I've got an idea, I'm gonna make up my own poll. Hey look guys, OU didn't win the national championship game, nor did they even play in it, but my poll says they are number one so that means the University of Oklahoma is the 2005 National Champions! Yay!

Edited by Betaz

Go Texas! (Ugh, it's still sickening to say that for me... but yes... Go Big 12!)

Oh, just figured I'd take this time to complain again. First off, USC did not win the last 2 national championships. And Will Ferrell, this most definately IS NOT the third national championship game in a row they've played in.

Lets go do a quick history lesson... back to 2003 with us:

Nokia Sugar Bowl and National Championship game: OU vs. LSU. Winner, LSU. National Champions, LSU.

Why? It's very simple, lets recap...

National Champions:

NOT National Champions:

Where did the notion that they won 2 in a row come from anyway then?

Where did the notion that they won 2 in a row come from anyway then?

They got rated #1 in the polls at the end of the season and they believed that they were better than the two teams who played in the National Championship game. Sorry to say, it doesn't work like that. In the NFL, if one team makes a mistake or has an injury, but is really actually the best team in the league, they aren't the NFL Champions at the end of the season unless they won the Super Bowl.

-------

Anyway, off we go, game is underway, Texas wins the toss and defers, USC will start the game off.

---

Nothing at all for USC, punting it away... fumble, USC recovers. That was quite a hit by USC.

Edited by Betaz

Both teams seem to have very proflific offenses thus far (excluding USC's first drive). That was quite a hit on the punt returner. All is fair in love and football I suppose.

Texas stopped on 4th down, turnover on downs. I don't know that that was such a smart idea so early in the game, but at the same time there is a long time to go. We'll see. USC is looking strong so far though.

Texas stopped on 4th down, turnover on downs. I don't know that that was such a smart idea so early in the game, but at the same time there is a long time to go. We'll see. USC is looking strong so far though.

There should have been a late hit on USC (some guy came flying in after the whistles were blown... If a USC guy was the one that got hit, they would have called it immediately.

There should have been a late hit on USC (some guy came flying in after the whistles were blown... If a USC guy was the one that got hit, they would have called it immediately.

Haha, I didn't see it but I don't doubt that.

Edit: Decided to change my avatar :p

USC decided to go for it on 4th this time, looks like they didn't get it either.

Nope, didn't get it, turnover on downs. This is going to be one hell of a battle!

Edited by Betaz

UGH! Yeah, fumbled again, luckily they got it back though. There is no way UT is gonna win playing like this. They need to get it together. I think they will settle down in the second half though.

Hell of an effort to not get sacked there, too bad they lost yards still.

Watching games like this makes me angry ... STUPID mistakes shouldnt happen in games like these! When USC came back and beat ND ... i was mad for a freaking week!

Go Trojans!!!

Show the rest of the country that there actually IS good college football out here in the West. (I'm so tired of the East Coast bias.)

OH WOW, THAT WAS SMART, OH MAN YOU'RE A GENIOUS. HAHAHAHAAHA

Bush gets a HUGE gain, and no, that's not enough, then he tries to lateral it and get even more yardage and fumbles it. Moron.

--------

Wow, this is a SLOPPY game so far. Hopefully both teams will be calmed down and come out to play a little better in the second half.

--------

Field Goal Texas, 7-3 USC now.

Edited by Betaz