Rose Bowl 2006

USC vs. Texas  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Rose Bowl of 2006?

• University of Texas
    • University of Southern California

Young's runs last night hardly showed his speed. He can be fast when he wants to be, but if you're just basing all of this off of last night's performance then you need to look harder at Vince Young before you start knocking him. He may not be muscle-bound, but I can promise you he's a strong runner and can break tackles. As far as accuracy -- yes, a lot of his passes were when people were wide-open. We'll have to see how accurate he really is, but he does have quite an arm.

yea tell me that when he takes his team to either an AFC championship or NFL championship. ok till then VICK OWNS

yea tell me that when he takes his team to either an AFC championship or NFL championship. ok till then VICK OWNS

vick didn't take anybody to the NFL championship. talk to me about vick when he gets there.

vick is a joke. and no, he's not leading his team to victories, otherwise he wouldn't be watching the playoffs from the stands.

/\ Actually he is (look at the numbers)...The falcons suck without him. He can only do so much though. They can't be contenders with just one player...

consider that Pete Carroll and the USC coaching staff is excellent at what they do... i'm sure they know all about the spy and decided not to use that defense. don't forget, its these guys jobs to coach.

they didnt need a Spy they need to tackle. on the radio they said they missed 42 tackles.

with the Young and NFL thing is that will some of the top LB miss tackles will ray lewis miss or urlacer, no in the NFL he will get hit.

I liked Colin Cowherd's breakdown this morning of Vince Young and the #1 pick/NFL status. Something I never realized watching the game is that Vince never threw a pass 20+ yards downfield.

Also, he said a bunch of Horn fans, and other people across the country, were calling USC's defense their weak link and not good. So, in effect, Vince Young beat a not good defense. While I don't necessarily agree with that, I thought it was funny because I DO remember hearing that throughout the season. And USC's defense is not what it was last year - allowing 42 points to a team like Fresno State shows just that.

I don't know, I guess everyone is still amped over the game, and as sports fans, we tend to live for the moment for awhile, revelling in the just-happenings. Then we move on because next season, someone else will do something we think is "Godly" and they will be the best player to ever play. Personal feelings aside, to me, the best college football player I've ever seen is Charlie Ward. I really, really wish he would have pursued his NFL career instead of the NBA because he had the complete package.

Time will tell I guess. GO GATORS '06!!

It really was a great game and it was even better when the refs admitted they had a few bad calls they did/didn't make in the game. Thumbsup for them :)

But the difference in the game was USC's defense. They really did suck that night because they've never faced an opponent like Texas before. They couldn't tackle Young for anything.

it was more of USC's young CB that need help so they couldnt spy young. USC had to many line backers in they need more speed(TX ran the shot gun alot).