[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero Updates Coming

Rare's letters page revealed some details on updates for both Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero. According to Kameo's lead designer, George Andreas, "Co-op over Live is currently in the last stages of debugging and should be available very soon. And there are firm plans to release more downloadable content soon after - details of which will be made available soon. Watch this space..."

A response to another post said, "We do have DLC for both Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero on the way, yes. I can't give exact details because nothing's been announced yet, but I believe it's common knowledge that there'll be more multiplayer maps available for PDZ at the very least."

Another response revealed upcoming enhancements to Perfect Dark Zero, "We're making more levels for multiplayer, and we'll be doing a title update to fix some of the annoying issues players have with the game. More news on when exactly that's going to happen will come later on down the line. Clan functionality was supposed to be available from the MGS side, but it didn't make it in for launch."

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer Patch Almost Ready

With adverts pulled from the air and the demo on the marketplace it's been a busy news day for COD2. So here is something else to add.

From the Xbox forums it's been announced that the update is nearly complete. Here's what fixes & features it adds:

* Player Lag has been addressed

* Private Game Lobbies / Reserved Slots

* Enabled the Live Host to set custom game options

* Map Preferences setting

* Post Game Lobbies (all players at end of match will return to their game lobby)

* Enemy Player Name Notification

* Ability for the Host to kick a player

* In game Lobby - Game Type, Map and Host Notifications

No date as to when it will be released, just "soon".

Source

Dear Call of Duty Community:

As you recall, we announced plans that we were working on our second Title Update for Call of Duty 2, improving the Xbox Live multiplayer functionality. We?re happy to report that this update is currently in the final stages of testing and all is going well. In fact, we will be releasing it soon, so stay tuned. To give you a better understanding of what we have been working on, the second COD2 Title Update will have the following enhancements:

1. Player Lag has been addressed

Plus, we have added the following functionality:

2. Private Game Lobbies / Reserved Slots

3. Enabled the Live Host to set custom game options

4. Map Preferences setting

5. Post Game Lobbies (all players at end of match will return to their game lobby)

6. Enemy Player Name Notification

7. Ability for the Host to kick a player

8. In game Lobby - Game Type, Map and Host Notifications

Again, thank you for your support?and stay tuned for future updates!

- Infinity Ward

Source: http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2598446

yeah glad to see the CoD2 update. I hope new content goes up for Amped 3 and Condemned at some point. Do you think they would consider doing extra levels for these games?

amped3 really needs true multiplayer :(

Definitely, it's so sad. I've had friends who come over, and I'll load up Amped 3, and they'll say "Oh, let's play split screen!" :cry:

I read an interview way back saying that they just didn't have time to add multiplayer/live support before the 360 launch. What a bummer...

What kind of mulitplayer does Amped 3 currently have? A bud and I thought we were going to play it together when he first opened it, but we couldn't figure out how to actually let 2 people play. The manual made my eyes hurt so we just moved on to the next game.

What kind of mulitplayer does Amped 3 currently have? A bud and I thought we were going to play it together when he first opened it, but we couldn't figure out how to actually let 2 people play. The manual made my eyes hurt so we just moved on to the next game.

Yeah it's actually just the co-op sledding that's offered in some select challenges on the slopes.

Amped 3 i could see updates appearing for it but Condemned i don't think anything will appear for that, maybe if it had a multiplayer then there could be a reason to update it.

I think he meant more content rather than an update to fix issues with gameplay. I could definitely see a few more levels for Condemned being released, not sure about Amped 3, I haven't played it.

It just asked me to install an update. Anyone know what's different?

Was wondering the same thing. It was rather quick, so I doubt it was anything big.

Cleaned up this thread, and added information regarding ^ that update.

Please Note:

I've cleaned up this thread and decided that monthly updates are better to read than old updates that no one is interested in reading, so from now on only monthly updates will be displayed as soon as they're readily available for download :)

no, its a mandatory system update but no new features.

from major nelson:

Xbox 360 Autoupdate

Posted: March 2, 2006 @ 12:51 pm (4 hours, 46 minutes ago) By: Major Nelson

There is a mandatory global system update now available for Xbox 360 owners. You?ll get prompted for the update the next time you sign into Xbox Live. No new features or functions this time around.