[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

how do i check the dshboard version?

System Blade > Console Settings > System Info (Bottom One).

Quick question how do I make sure that it is in 1080p mode? When you connect the VGA it doesn't tell you. It just gives the resolution.

Uhh, i'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean, but if you have it set to the 1920x1080 resolution, you should be in 1080p mode.

Hmmm. Ok. Funny thing about my tv is that when I use the vga cables it never fills up the whole screen. There are bars on the left, right, top and bottom. Also thought I use to beable to put it in that res before the update came out. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Hmmm. Ok. Funny thing about my tv is that when I use the vga cables it never fills up the whole screen. There are bars on the left, right, top and bottom. Also thought I use to beable to put it in that res before the update came out. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

some TVs limit the resolution through the VGA port... I know my tv supports 1080i through HDMI and Component but not VGA

my tv only supports 1080i, so the 1080p is kind of useless to me right now. the update isn't all that great in my eyes (appearance wise) just the marketplace looks different to me.. but i like the improvements and hard work they put into it (Y)(Y)(Y)

hehehe... :shifty: :whistle:

what you see on the fall update is just a placeholder for what's coming to the 360 and all it did was just to layout the plumbing for something that will catch everybody pants down...

muhahahahahahaaaa!!!!! :devil:

what you see on the fall update is just a placeholder for what's coming to the 360 and all it did was just to layout the plumbing for something that will catch everybody pants down...

like hell ill be caught with my pants down....last time it almost put me in the drunk tank for a night

when will we know spartan?

I don't know if I have something setup wrong, but my DVDs only play in 4:3 mode. I have my 360 set in 1080i mode and the rest of the content plays normally in 16:9 mode. I thought that this update was going to upconvert DVDs. Also, I'm using the component cables to connect to my tv.

I don't know if I have something setup wrong, but my DVDs only play in 4:3 mode. I have my 360 set in 1080i mode and the rest of the content plays normally in 16:9 mode. I thought that this update was going to upconvert DVDs. Also, I'm using the component cables to connect to my tv.

Unfortunately, MS can't allow upconversion over component cables. If your TV has a VGA input you can always use the VGA cable.

Yes, an HDMI cable is needed. But it would probably be a MS only one that costs $100. Until then, I will have to settle for a separate DVD player that upconverts.

Yes, an HDMI cable is needed. But it would probably be a MS only one that costs $100. Until then, I will have to settle for a separate DVD player that upconverts.

What about the games man!? :p Doesn't matter to me, but I'm sure a lot of 1080p HDTV owners want the HDMI cable simply for gaming.

I have HDMI but don't need it. My VGA does everything it can do.

thats great... but most of the 1st generation 1080p HDTVs that came out only support the 1080p through HDMI...(even the 1080p TV that are out now very few support 1080p over component..) even worse my sony tv cripples the VGA input to low as hell resolutions...

I'd pay $100 for an HDMI cable as long as it works. ;)

$100 isn't really much when you're trying to get the most out of your $2,000 HDTV investment.

Now if they someone could make an adapter that would allow you to use your own HDMI cable, that would be best.

Now if they someone could make an adapter that would allow you to use your own HDMI cable, that would be best.

I agree, but it probably won't be as good as Microsoft's solution. Third Party solution quality is usually very sub-par.

I got this wierd thing after the update. My wireless controller with a battery pack seems to run a friggin light show on the ring of light. Every now and then (60 secs or less) the lights in the four corners are lit then goes back to normal. Seems to drain the battery too. :(

Wish you wouldn't do that, makes me more excited about whats in store for the Xbox further down the line :(