[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

i had 2 freezes on monday in NCAA football, first 2 i've ever had. Played today and it didn't lock up or give me an unreadable error...sounds like there's alot of that going around...weird.

i think the 360 is part of the New World Order's Mass Adeversarial Hysteria Tolerance experiment. they're playing with us. resist. resist. resist. your consoles are fine. machines have quirks. do not give them what they want.

I have to say those reports (saw several people post the same thing on the Xbox forums) about lockups after the update freaked me out a bit, I downloaded the update yesterday and played today for about 4 hours and had no problems at all fortunately

• 1 month later...

This is not about Frozing, its about Dashboard and Game Updates. BTW, i checked my System Information, at it reports D:2.0.4552.0. First time i check that number, and i don't know what means, but i guess is the Dashboard Version number. If so, the first post is outdated.

Crackdown: Four new Agents (free)

If you got your hands on Crackdown already, download these four free agents. The set includes a character with Sam Fisher style head gear. Hey why no female characters ?

Name: Four-Play Pack

Price: Free

Availability: Gold Members in all Xbox Live regions except Germany

Dash Details: Before getting busy, download and get into the action with these four new Agents

Source

damn, they are fast :p

• 2 weeks later...

the latest update 4552 has screwed many xbox 360's from reading game discs properly.

although DVD's/CD's work fine everytime.

FIX IT MICROSOFT!!!! or im buying a PS3 and throwing this xbox in my pool

the latest update 4552 has screwed many xbox 360's from reading game discs properly.

you'd said the same crap in about 3 or 4 different threats, if you don't like the product just sell it and get whatever makes you happy... :rolleyes:

you'd said the same crap in about 3 or 4 different threats, if you don't like the product just sell it and get whatever makes you happy... :rolleyes:

Amen! Mine works juuuuuust fine :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

dont throw it into the pool... send it to me :)

just put in crackdown and it was asking for me to update, anybody got any details?
Next time your pop your Crackdown disc in (and you are connected to Xbox Live) you?ll get prompted for a title update. According to what I am told, The update ?addresses several minor technical issues to ensure a smoother online gameplay experience? and ?increases the number of ambient gang vehicles that populate Pacific City.? That last one should held with the ?Repo Man? achievement.

There ya have it. What?s up with any DLC? No details yet?but we should have some news soon in it.

source: Major Nelson

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it is true about the last update giving disc errors. I have to take the disc out and put it back in like 3/4 times for it to read it sometimes. not bothered just an inconvinience love ma xbox360 :D

I can not for ther life of me find my way around the xbox website, where can I download the Fall Update and burn to a CD to install on my 360?

A Quick response would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Richard

xxx

you can't download the update, you can only download the Backwards compatible files and burn them. the newest update is included on every game released after january 17th though.

I can not for ther life of me find my way around the xbox website, where can I download the Fall Update and burn to a CD to install on my 360?

A Quick response would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Richard

xxx

You can download the latest Dashboard update here and burn it to CD. You'll probably have to get online to get individual game updates.

I guess you missed that the last time you asked that question. :p

Yeah I found it in the end sorry.

Burnt the $SystemUpdate folder to the cd but it didn't updater the xbox.

Is it possible that since I just bought a 2nd hand HDD that could have somehow had the update on it? The Xbox needed to reboot after I turned it on with the HDD on.

I'll just wait a while n connect the box with dial up I guess...

Thanks

Richard

xxx

• 2 weeks later...
There is an update for Pro Evolution Soccer 6 here in the UK. Can't find any details though.

Anyone read anything?

Apparently, they tried to fix the whole pause/quit exploit and it went bad. Now people are been randomly disconnected during games.

Rumour is they'll release a new fix within a couple of weeks.

Just went on Live here in the UK and was asked for an update, any information been released on what it does ?

There isn't any new updates afaik. Are you playing an older game for the first time in a while perhaps?

The X360 cache clears old updates for newer ones. When you go back to play an older game you'll be asked to update with any available patches.

It was when I went to play Hexic, its disconnected from live and asked for an update

That'll be an update for Hexic HD then. Probably not that significant.