[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

do they auto update or do i have to go into xbox live somewhere to do it?

sorry for the total n00b question but i dont wanna just assume and be sat thinking where is my update :p

do they auto update or do i have to go into xbox live somewhere to do it?

sorry for the total n00b question but i dont wanna just assume and be sat thinking where is my update tongue.gif

Usually when you start your console and it signs into the xbox 360 live profile it popups.

Usually when you start your console and it signs into the xbox 360 live profile it popups.

thanks chris, will have a look when i get home tonite :)

I think its for exerybody as it mentions the Netherlands in the information

January 2006 System Update for Xbox 360

This free Xbox 360? update is great news! We've been listening to what the community has been telling us, so we're happy to announce that this update will improve your gaming experience.

Here are some of the changes in this update:

Improvements to the Xbox Guide.

Option to retain your saved games when you delete a profile.

Increased accuracy of "last time played."

Network configuration improvements for Xbox Live? members in the Netherlands.

More detailed messaging for unreadable disk or region errors.

This free* update is available to all Xbox Live members. Your console will be updated the next time you sign in to Xbox Live.

*Internet connection fees may apply.

Source

Dark made a post about it but i guess we could just merge it with this thread.....

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=528434

Seems it's just a stability thing:

Today's Dash update

Earlier today the team pushed out a dashboard update over Xbox Live. There is nothing major in this one, it just addresses a few performance and stability issues.

i just got the update.. if this really is about the more information on unreadable disc errors.. i just got an unreadable disc error while playing a game.. then my console goofed.. so i had to reboot

sorry i forgot to add: when i got the error, all it said to do is check the disc and make sure it's clean.. same error message ive gotten before.. no different

Edited by lylesback2

i just got the update.. if this really is about the more information on unreadable disc errors.. i just got an unreadable disc error while playing a game.. then my console goofed.. so i had to reboot

sorry i forgot to add: when i got the error, all it said to do is check the disc and make sure it's clean.. same error message ive gotten before.. no different

getting same problem my fifa07 worked fine until i updated. now i get disc is damaged or dirty, i take disc out clean it and its spotless, my console is a lot noisier aswell for some reason, its as if the DVD drive churns screeches the disc now. Wat is happening i hear screams coming from the DVD drive and it says Disc damaged or dirty. My bros xbox360 is doing the same but his is modded so i would probs expect that but why me ??? :(

Damn, I thought maybe this update would add a HDMI port to the back of the console. What the hell MS?

What a ripoff!! :p

HDMI port...heh heh. anyway, i didn't hear any excess noise from the drive. coincidence? just don't panic, turn her off for a few hours, try again.

Damn, I thought maybe this update would add a HDMI port to the back of the console. What the hell MS?

OMG it didnt!!! i want a refund immediatly!!

yeah i got it last night, only played for about 30 mins...for some reason my 18month old daughter seems to find that time best to raid the house for everything she shouldnt!

but for the first time ever (partly because its pretty new) my console froze! not once but twice in CoD3...for 10 seconds or so at the main menu screen and then i actually had to manually turn the console off during a game on SP due to it just totally freezing for over a minute

looks like MS did a good job on this patch :whistle: :shiftyninja:

My 360 froze for only the 2nd time yesterday after the patch.

I was playing Madden 07 and the game randomly froze. The disc drive started to make some weird noises (clicking mainly) so I quickly turned it off. After opening the drive, there was a long, but faint scratch (didn't look too deep, more like a mark than a scratch) in one section of the disc.

My 360 froze for only the 2nd time yesterday after the patch.

I was playing Madden 07 and the game randomly froze. The disc drive started to make some weird noises (clicking mainly) so I quickly turned it off. After opening the drive, there was a long, but faint scratch (didn't look too deep, more like a mark than a scratch) in one section of the disc.

thats the samething that happened to me (except the scratching part). i was playing Phantasy Star Universe.. and it's only ever froze twice before.. but went to dashboard.. then rebooted.

except this time, my console made a weird noise, and i couldn't get back to dashboard.. so i rebooted it manually..