IE 7 Beta RELEASED!

well I think it is in BETA so that they can FIND those kind of things. They will probably INCORPORATE the fixes into the next release... it something is a serious concern they will probably realease a PATCH

I understand the purpose of a BETA is to find BUGS, but my point is that I HOPE that the bugs that get discovered and FIXED will eventually make it OUR way before the FINAL version comes out. The FINAL version won't be out for a LONG time.

hey just found something cool when u go into full screen with IE7 the address bar goes away to bring it back just move ur mouse up to the top of the screen....dunno if this was posted before tho...if it was...then oops :p

Hmm, using the IE7 Beta 2 Preview (b 5296) Microsoft Update gives me a error...

Just checked the IE Public General Newsgroups, and a couple of people there having the same issue, no solution posted yet.

(Did not see any reply related to either Microsoft or Windows Update in the (thus far) 18 page thread...)

hey just found something cool when u go into full screen with IE7 the address bar goes away to bring it back just move ur mouse up to the top of the screen

That's been in every version of IE for as long as full screen mode has existed. So yeah, you're just a little late discovering that feature.

I don't know about you guys, but whoever designed the UI should be shot.

1) No menu bar? That is going to confuse everyone. Not everyone knows that ctrl-c is copy for example. Not everyone is going to know how to turn it on.

2) Buttons scattered all over the place...no consistancy at all, requiring lots of mouse movement and guess work in order to find which button to use

Still trying it out, but the UI is very unimpressive.

The Menu Bar is Hidden. Pressing the Alt Key brings up the Menu Bar.

Hmm. Installing, gives me this error:

Help?

My suggestion (unless there is a solution posted already that you may want to try is: go to the [temp] IE7 Newsgroup:

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Here you will find (hopefully) some solution as this question has been asked by many...some users who have had this issue have posted some of their attempts to rectify this error...Good luck

"We think we've found the culprit causing this problem and should have a

solution posted soon (if it's not up already). Once we've verified the

workaround we'll make sure people know about it."

--

-Christopher [MSFT]

I just installed IE7 beta 2.

2 things:

1) Is it possible to keep the Menu Bar always visible? Or should I press "Alt" each time I want to access it?

2) How can I have my links from the "Links" Favorites subfolder on the toolbar, like in previous IE versions? (edit: OK I just figured this one out)

Thank you.

I just installed IE7 beta 2.

2 things:

1) Is it possible to keep the Menu Bar always visible? Or should I press "Alt" each time I want to access it?

2) How can I have my links from the "Links" Favorites subfolder on the toolbar, like in previous IE versions? (edit: OK I just figured this one out)

Thank you.

You can keep the menu bar visible by opening the tools Drop Down Menu, the go to toolbars and select "Classic Menu" OR right click under where your home/copy/cut/feeds area is and select classic menu.

You can keep the menu bar visible by opening the tools Drop Down Menu, the go to toolbars and select "Classic Menu" OR right click under where your home/copy/cut/feeds area is and select classic menu.

It's working. Thank you for your fast answer, I really appreciate.

Hi everyone

i have a problem with internet explorer beta 2 preview. everytime i click on a link, it appears the dial-up connection window being already connected, even everytime a web is loading, the window appear. what i do?

ThanX

Hi everyone

i have a problem with internet explorer beta 2 preview. everytime i click on a link, it appears the dial-up connection window being already connected, even everytime a web is loading, the window appear. what i do?

ThanX

Try go to tools > internet options > connections > SELECT "never dial a connection".

I'm installing it right now and it's taking quite awhile. Darn, gotta reboot!? :(

After installing IE7, Outlook Express always prompt me for user/password to my Hotmail account whenever I try to view Inbox or any other folder (Sent, etc). Any solution to this so that OE will not prompt me for user/password ever again?

After installing IE7, Outlook Express always prompt me for user/password to my Hotmail account whenever I try to view Inbox or any other folder (Sent, etc). Any solution to this so that OE will not prompt me for user/password ever again?

Hmmm, I just started to get this today too with my WLM Beta acct (wBay 106) and it did not occur when I initially installed IE7 Beta 2 some three days ago...

I'm searching the temp IE7 Newsgroup @microsft.public.interenetexplorer.general to hopefully 'run into' a possible solution, if_when I do I will post up here. Was also getting errors (only on this account) when opening O.E.

hey.. did anybody noticed?.. or izit just me..

on my PC... neowin.net will load noticeably slower in this IE7 beta preview compared to FF v1.5 and IE6 SP2..

or maybe i've to set neowin.net as "trusted site" ? :p