IE 7 Beta RELEASED!

* Extract IE7B2P-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to a temporary folder.

* Working within' the extracted directory, delete the following:

o update\

o install.ins

o spmsg.dll

o spuninst.exe

o spupdsvc.exe

* Create a blank text file within' the directory and rename it to iexplore.exe.local.

* Move the directory to a location in which you want to store the now standalone version of Internet Explorer 7 Preview (eg. X\IE7 BETA2).

* Execute iexplore.exe.

For some reason, I get the error below:

post-51806-1138753266_thumb.jpg

I went back to IE6 on several machines with no problems.

Actually there is a way, and the method has been around for some time now. Below are the instructions (which were posted earlier in this thread, and easily found with a Google search) and a screen shot of it working.

* Extract IE7B2P-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to a temporary folder.

How do you extract the exe?

For some reason, I get the error below:

I was getting this, I rebooted and everything's working!

Also, happy to see that Live Mail's working in this build.

Didn't think compatibility would be that good after the "5299" fiasco, every site I go is working properly

Looks pretty nice and stable still to find any major problems the itnterface still needs some work though.

^ Didn't work, ah well. I'll live. When I get my other machine working I'll just install it there.

Do you usually have the "down server" problem?

If you had it, did you uninstall build "5299" before installing this?

In any cases, it should work.

Edit: Look at the e-mail I just got (again). This is in the same time the prove of my point:

post-124927-1138754689_thumb.jpg

Another set of WLM invites...

Edited by RevoDS

So if you have the leaked version, is it worth getting the publically released version? Other than Microsoft backing the public release.

If you visit sites that didn't work in the leaked beta, yes it is worth the upgrade, as most compatibility issues are fixed in it.

I think I found a bug. For the favourite, when I create a folder and start adding links to it, it would sort the links by alphabetical order for the first 5-6 links or so then it will stop doing that. I find that pretty weird.

dL

Do you usually have the "down server" problem?

If you had it, did you uninstall build "5299" before installing this?

In any cases, it should work.

Nope didn't have 5399 installed before, just sp2 here. IE6 has always been working fine on this computer.

I don't know if this was addressed here or not, I searched the page(s) for it but nothing came up. Does this still mess up McAfee when it's trying to update and install the newly downloaded files? My laptop and a desktop I installed the previous version on won't update anymore, just sits there and hangs. I read in another topic that other users have had the same problem. Anyone that has both installed have any news about it yet?

And what about the "down Live Mail server" problem some people on bay 115 and one known person on bay 102 (personally I'm on bay 102 and don't have this problem)? Do you experience it?

Anyone else noticed that .url shortcuts no longer have an icon after installing this?

untitled4ki.th.jpg

.. Or is it just me? :s

I have rebuild my icon cache btw.

I had the same. For IE6 I had used favorg, but it does not set the icons in IE7.

However if you use properties/ change icon for a shortcut in your favorites folder, the icon does show in the IE 7 beta favorites list (but not on the tabs).

I used favorg to get the favicons. If you have a lot of favorites, it's laborious to have to set them for each link

Under Internet Options -> Content -> Feeds -> Enable scheduled synching of feeds... what is the point of having it unchecked? Isn't the whole point of RSS to get updates? Can someone please elaborate on that option?

When I first go into IE7 it says Security Settings at risk"...Yadda Yadda Yadda and if I want to fix them. If not then click the home icon. Is there anyway I can not have this not ask me this evey time I open IE7, and the toolbar doesn't always say "You computer setting level puts your computer at risk..." every time I go to a freaking webpage?

Will a beta of Windows Media Player 11 follow this IE7 release anyone know? I would think they would want to test WM11 for people who have IE7 to see if everything is working right.

Other than that I like it, for a beta that is. I like the full screen view, where the top menu comes down, that is cool. I still see things that they can improve on, but they will it's only a beta testing (it not the final release geez). Remember, the people who use FireFox is mostly going to stay with FireFox even though they like Internet Explorer. Also, some people are going to say they hate Internet Explorer when they really do like it, that's because some people hate Microsoft, I don't though. If other companies wanted to really compete with Microsoft they could.

I Give It A (Y) for now

Quite good, you can add even more search providers in the search bar (Amazon.com, Google, CNet, eBay) and that's something :yes: . Though I do have one question. When you watch the preview slide show of IE7, I notice that the build they are showing looked more streamlined i.e. button highlight, quick tabs, rss, favorites tab look cleaner. I wonder if that will be IE7 Beta 2 :unsure: .

PSG22

Sorry but, how to uninstall it? :o

1. Go to the Control Panel
  2. Click on Add/Remove Programs
  3. Click on Show Updates
  4. Scroll down and look for IE7

Next time read the disclaimer given by Microsoft or use the search function in the forum. Saves you a lot of time :yes: .

PSG22

1. Go to the Control Panel
  2. Click on Add/Remove Programs
  3. Click on Show Updates
  4. Scroll down and look for IE7

Next time read the disclaimer given by Microsoft or use the search function in the forum. Saves you a lot of time :yes: .

PSG22

[*]Click on Show Updates

Ok.. didn't see that tiny box, thanks a lot! :)